Any 3G unlimited offer ? Operator with best peering to US and europe?

samui4me

found my package in one of the forums

Seriously, why are consumers expected to find packages for themselves on forums <deleted>? Should the mobile providers come clean and tell everyone every freaking package that is available on a given day?

And risk making life easy for people? Pfft... Life's got to have a meaning smile.png

Why should they tell everybody. Those who do a search are rewarded with cheaper packages, simple like that

On the downside, Yesterday evening the internet came almost useless, plenty of error messages in all kind of websites. If that's going to be every evening the same mess, you can forget about True as well, and I doubt that AIS or TOT will be any better.

This week I emailed DTAC from my account on the web site to ask for promotions such as some mentioned on this forum. They just pointed me to their stupid web site that lists a few but not all. It really pisses me off they won't tell you. I still use the 19THB/day option as I hate using them and just need them on the odd day when on the road, to avoid the stupid 1.07THB/minute default internet charge rate if I am not subscribed to any package. For how long the 19THB deal runs who knows? They won't tell you. Even DTAC's web site has different promotions to those listed on the DTAC Android smart phone app. I've been with these suckers for 12 years. They are beginning to make us look like idiots for sucking up to this service.

It is much better to phone customer service, they speak good english and can help you to find the promotion you're looking for. I have a postpaid subscription now and pay 630 baht monthly for a smartphone package , unlimited internet with good speed up to 3 gb. I'm very happy with it.

It is much better to phone customer service, they speak good english and can help you to find the promotion you're looking for. I have a postpaid subscription now and pay 630 baht monthly for a smartphone package , unlimited internet with good speed up to 3 gb. I'm very happy with it.

Seems relatively poor value....

This week I emailed DTAC from my account on the web site to ask for promotions such as some mentioned on this forum. They just pointed me to their stupid web site that lists a few but not all. It really pisses me off they won't tell you. I still use the 19THB/day option as I hate using them and just need them on the odd day when on the road, to avoid the stupid 1.07THB/minute default internet charge rate if I am not subscribed to any package. For how long the 19THB deal runs who knows? They won't tell you. Even DTAC's web site has different promotions to those listed on the DTAC Android smart phone app. I've been with these suckers for 12 years. They are beginning to make us look like idiots for sucking up to this service.

Seriously, you need to grow up. They are running a business. They are all at it. If you find a package that still works, use it and shut up about it. Blabbing about it on forums just gets them shut down. I posted some links. Use them or don't...but this incessant whinging is appalling..

Seriously, you need to grow up. They are running a business. They are all at it. If you find a package that still works, use it and shut up about it. Blabbing about it on forums just gets them shut down. I posted some links. Use them or don't...but this incessant whinging is appalling..

So we are supposed to rely on you to get the best deals!? You think the mobiles care about this forum thread? GTF out of here! The mobile companies are allowed to provide their business under licence from the Thai government. That should include customer rights and protection from misleading adverting.

So we are supposed to rely on you to get the best deals!? You think the mobiles care about this forum thread? GTF out of here! The mobile companies are allowed to provide their business under licence from the Thai government. That should include customer rights and protection from misleading adverting.

It seems that you are trawling this thread and others...so clearly, yes. If it irks you, go to look at their websites instead. But as long as you continue to pull codes from here, I suggest that you should be grateful that they were posted here at all.

Which plan would that be?

Able to use 1 GB of 3G data at maximum speed 42 Mbps. Usage greater than limited volume will be subject to speeds of no greater than 384 Kbps.

Doesn't appear great value.

Try *103*359*9#imgPhone.gif 65 baht for 7 days

or

*103*369*9#imgPhone.gif 107 baht for 15 days

Hi

Please I have to renew. Do these code still work? Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry seems I messed up between my dtac and true. And I can't edit my messages.

I will try again other codes and get back to you. It is True I need for now.

Hi,

Sorry seems I messed up between my dtac and true. And I can't edit my messages.

I will try again other codes and get back to you. It is True I need for now.

*900*8909*17257799# (512 @ 59/week) did work for me some days back. But the service isn't stable, especially from dawn - past midnight.

Will try some other providers as well, but I doubt they will be any better.

Dtac was good, just their packages they have right now sucks.

Edited by jethro69

The DTAC 29THB/3 days 150MB 3G plus unlimited 384kbps seems one of better deals now?

Couldn't find a 29 Bath package on their website nor in the forums. Would you mind to share the code.

The only 29 package I came across was limited to 5 hours.

Cheers

A heads up for others... I subscribed to DTACs double net 12gb 799 a month. The website says you 384 kbps data after you use up the initial 12gb at full speed. In actuality, you get about 15gb of data at 384 kbps. After that, they further drop your speed to about 2 kbps. I can't find any mention of this in the package description or terms and conditions. Customer service told me after I called to complain about the speed.

I wanted to use the 384 kbps to download torrents until the package renewed. No such luck. Anyone know if AIS has this limitation as well?

• Like 1

The DTAC 29THB/3 days 150MB 3G plus unlimited 384kbps seems one of better deals now?

Couldn't find a 29 Bath package on their website nor in the forums. Would you mind to share the code.

The only 29 package I came across was limited to 5 hours.

Cheers

Me neither. I do not know the code as DTAC doesn't pass this into afaik, but if you install the DTAC app (I only have today's app on Android), its the third option down. See attached. Afaik DTAC offers no other way of knowing this. For the record I have not subscribed, so don't know if it works OK but as the app is upto date it should do. I'd be interested to know if any users find this useful/out of date as I plan to subscribe to it later in month.

post-21581-0-38487500-1426645794_thumb.p

Edited by Digitalbanana

All right, just subscribed to the 3 day package, from the app. Started a download right away to test, the 384 kbps seem to be stable. It seems to be a recurring package, means you don't have to worry about switching of the data every 3 days until you subscribe for a new package.

Downturn, as soon I inserted the Dtac Sim, my phone is flooded with Spam, which wasn't the case with the True Sim card.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on the Bangkok BTS lots of adverts for CAT's My 3G service offers a cheap tariff plan at 99 baht a month for unlimited data service at a speed of 384 Kbps. That seems the cheapest deal I've seen so far if the speed is acceptable - not to me it isn't.

I noticed on the Bangkok BTS lots of adverts for CAT's My 3G service offers a cheap tariff plan at 99 baht a month for unlimited data service at a speed of 384 Kbps. That seems the cheapest deal I've seen so far if the speed is acceptable - not to me it isn't.

I think this might be what you're talking about: http://www.mybycat.com/products.php?id=100&sid=132

Looks like 215 baht for unlimited capped at 512 kbps.

I think this might be what you're talking about: http://www.mybycat.com/products.php?id=100&sid=132

Yes, thanks for web page. I was only aware of 99THB deal, but the 215THB deal looks better still. I wonder how is CAT coverage signal strength these days, I haven't used them for about 6 years when they only worked outside central region and Hutch worked Bangkok?

Yes, thanks for web page. I was only aware of 99THB deal, but the 215THB deal looks better still. I wonder how is CAT coverage signal strength these days, I haven't used them for about 6 years when they only worked outside central region and Hutch worked Bangkok?

I'm using the 215thb package now and it's decent. At first I thought it was crap, but now I think it's a problem with my aircard. When using the aircard (True Powersurf, I modified the APN settings as well) the connection would work for 1-2 minutes and then stop completely. I've had the SIM in my Asus Fonepad for the last half hour and it's stable. My speedtest at http://www.catspeedtest.net/ is 1.39mbps down and 1.4 up. Not sure why it's that fast but I'll take it.

• 2 years later...