Any 3G unlimited offer ? Operator with best peering to US and europe?

samui4me

Does anyone know if AIS has anything like the 59 baht / week DTAC offer?

If not, is there any way I could keep my number if I ditch my prepaid AIS in favour of DTAC? I could switch anyway and let everyone know my new number, but it's a bit of a hassle...

TRUE has the same offer, but I don't know it's Fair Use Policy.

AIS 512kbps 1 day @ 9 baht + VAT. *777*209#imgPhone.gif

AIS 384kbps plan: 7 days for 69 baht + VAT. *777*731#imgPhone.gif

384 kbps 1Day @ 14 baht + VAT. *777*33#imgPhone.gif

Thanks. I opted for the 9 baht / day as it's set up as recurring... Don't need to punch in the code every day. It's good enough for now, 270 baht / month.

Does anyone know if AIS has anything like the 59 baht / week DTAC offer?

If not, is there any way I could keep my number if I ditch my prepaid AIS in favour of DTAC? I could switch anyway and let everyone know my new number, but it's a bit of a hassle...

TRUE has the same offer, but I don't know it's Fair Use Policy.

AIS 512kbps 1 day @ 9 baht + VAT. *777*209#imgPhone.gif

AIS 384kbps plan: 7 days for 69 baht + VAT. *777*731#imgPhone.gif

384 kbps 1Day @ 14 baht + VAT. *777*33#imgPhone.gif

Thanks. I opted for the 9 baht / day as it's set up as recurring... Don't need to punch in the code every day. It's good enough for now, 270 baht / month.

289 baht per month(30 days). Good enough for most I'm sure.

• Like 1

Newcomer to this discussion, and confused about this.

I got a True 3G SIM card at the arrival hall of the airport when I touched ground here last month. The offer on it was for foreign tourists for unlimited 3G wifi for 650 Baht/month. I topped it up at Family Mart, activated it, had great 3G Internet (high speed- maybe around 10 mpbs) until it cut down to a trickle- just days later.

Now that I am reading this post I reexamined my activation message and it says I get "unlimited for the month - 3GB."

Does that mean that I exceeded 3GB that quickly, and now have unlimited trickle Internet from now until the end of the month?

If so, I've been duped. Shocking for that to happen in Thailand. ;)

This is like an all-you-can eat meal but after your first plate all you get is white rice.

• Like 1

I got a True 3G SIM card at the arrival hall of the airport when I touched ground here last month. The offer on it was for foreign tourists for unlimited 3G wifi for 650 Baht/month. I topped it up at Family Mart, activated it, had great 3G Internet (high speed- maybe around 10 mpbs) until it cut down to a trickle- just days later.

Now that I am reading this post I reexamined my activation message and it says I get "unlimited for the month - 3GB."

Does that mean that I exceeded 3GB that quickly, and now have unlimited trickle Internet from now until the end of the month?

If so, I've been duped. Shocking for that to happen in Thailand. wink.png

This is like an all-you-can eat meal but after your first plate all you get is white rice.

Welcome to Thailand. All 3G unlimited offers from all Thai operators are X gb (usually 1-4 Gb) at full 3G speed, and then it drops to something like 384 kbps for the remainder of the 30 days you paid for. 1-4 Gb is woefully inadequate for any kind of video consumption, but enough for just browsing, email and the like.

Right now, it seems that you get the best bang for your buck by subsribing to 512 kbps daily or weekly (depending on your carrier) for around 270 baht / month. It's not lightning quick, but will generally allow you to watch Youtube videos (with some buffering), and it's quite cheap.

I have a question of my own...

Is there any way to set up the Dtac 512 kbps for 59 baht/week as recurring? Or do you have to punch in the code every 7 days?

I thought my AIS 9 baht/day 512 kbps was recurring but it isn't, and apparently, there's no way to set it up as such.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems DTAC dropped their 512kbps offer (as announced), at least couldn't find it on their website anymore.

The best deal now is 49/week @384kbps again, valid until 28/02 *104*29*9#dial

Maybe someone can prove me wrong coffee1.gif will try the old code anyway tonight.....

Seems DTAC dropped their 512kbps offer (as announced), at least couldn't find it on their website anymore.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong coffee1.gif will try the old code anyway tonight.....

*104*378*9#dial is still working 59/week @512kbps

If so, I've been duped. Shocking for that to happen in Thailand. wink.png

Isn't 3G allowance limited in about every country in the world?

I remember when I traveled to my home country a few months ago, the best deal I could get was 2 Gb for about 800 Baht.

Oh and before I forget, when the 2Gb finished I wouldn't get 512kB, but I would get nada, zilch, nothing anymore.

Edited by Anthony5

Can't speak for all of Europe, but in some parts at least you can get unlimited 3G and 4G for around 20-30 euros / month. Friends in Finland get up to 150 MB/s up and down on 4G for 22 e / month without data limits, and several of them use more than 100 GB / month.

Edited by AngThong

In the UK you can get a totally unlimited 3G package from both THREE and GiffGaff. With some added 'free' minutes and texts, the last time I checked they cost around 18-20 GBP

In the UK you can get a totally unlimited 3G package from both THREE and GiffGaff. With some added 'free' minutes and texts, the last time I checked they cost around 18-20 GBP

No Tethering allowed with GiffGaff 'unlimited' data and only users of Three's One Plan who joined before March 2014, have Unlimited Tethering, so your statement is not quite true.

No Tethering allowed with GiffGaff 'unlimited' data and only users of Three's One Plan who joined before March 2014, have Unlimited Tethering, so your statement is not quite true.

I was talking about unlimited data plans, not tethering plans!

With Three's current 'all you can eat data plan' it give exactly that...........totally unlimited internet to your phone or tablet. Three do have a 4gb limit on tethered data downloads but you can buy an add on to increase that.

Again, Giffgaff's unlimited data plan gives you totally unlimited data to your phone or tablet. They do monitor data usage and where someone is using excessive data at peak times to the detriment of other customers they will ask that person to limit downloading very large files to a quieter time of day. They do not limit your data usage.

While Giffgaff also state no tethering on unlimited data plans a friend of mine tethers from her phone to her tablet then uses skype to call her family (and others) in Thailand at least three/four times a week. she tethers simply to get a larger picture and, at least up to last weekend, she's not blocked from doing this. If she was prevented from tethering it wouldn't prevent her from using data, she'd just use her phone to make the skype calls .......... or put the sim in her tablet.

I was talking about unlimited data plans, not tethering plans!

With Three's current 'all you can eat data plan' it give exactly that...........totally unlimited internet to your phone or tablet. Three do have a 4gb limit on tethered data downloads but you can buy an add on to increase that.

Again, Giffgaff's unlimited data plan gives you totally unlimited data to your phone or tablet. They do monitor data usage and where someone is using excessive data at peak times to the detriment of other customers they will ask that person to limit downloading very large files to a quieter time of day. They do not limit your data usage.

While Giffgaff also state no tethering on unlimited data plans a friend of mine tethers from her phone to her tablet then uses skype to call her family (and others) in Thailand at least three/four times a week. she tethers simply to get a larger picture and, at least up to last weekend, she's not blocked from doing this. If she was prevented from tethering it wouldn't prevent her from using data, she'd just use her phone to make the skype calls .......... or put the sim in her tablet.

Who cares about unlimited on a Phone or Tablet? Most people want unlimited data so they can TETHER.

My SIM is in a modem, providing WiFi to all of my devices; Tablet, Phones and laptop.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Can't speak for all of Europe, but in some parts at least you can get unlimited 3G and 4G for around 20-30 euros / month. Friends in Finland get up to 150 MB/s up and down on 4G for 22 e / month without data limits, and several of them use more than 100 GB / month.

There is no such thing. There is always a cap, be it 3G or 4G, same goes for Finland.

If your friend says that he uses 100Gb a month and pays set fee, I'd like to see that offer. Normal cost in Scandinavia for pre paid is around 3-4 Euro for 3 Gb of data.

Of course you can dl 100 Gb every months, but you have to pay for it.

Post paid 3G in Scandinavia are slightly lower, but comparable to pre paid.

There is no such thing. There is always a cap, be it 3G or 4G, same goes for Finland.

If your friend says that he uses 100Gb a month and pays set fee, I'd like to see that offer. Normal cost in Scandinavia for pre paid is around 3-4 Euro for 3 Gb of data.

Of course you can dl 100 Gb every months, but you have to pay for it.

Post paid 3G in Scandinavia are slightly lower, but comparable to pre paid.

Doesn't really pertain to this topic... But no, they pay 22 e / month and can use however much they want. I stayed a couple of months with them recently and could verify it myself as we'd often hit well over 200 gb / month between us. 22 e / month, no caps. I don't know if speeds are affected if too many people download too much stuff, they did go up & down a bit when I was there but remained generally very good, with the occasional blip.

I believe all Finnish operators offer unlimited 4G postpaid plans, and possibly prepaid as well. Just had a quick look and they all say unlimited...

Edited by AngThong

*104*378*9#dial is still working 59/week @512kbps

This time *104*378*9# no longer exist for sure. I did it every week so far but this time I got error, expired.

What are our other choices for a daily/weekly/monthly offer, 512kb minimum, unlimited traffic?

• Like 1

You've mis-interpreted what you read.

Unlimited Happy Internet 49 baht / day

Able to use 3G at maximum speed 42Mbps. Usage greater than limited volume will be subject to speeds of no greater than 384Kbps

unlimited 150 MB

Valid until 28/02/2015

Activation shortcut *104*29*9#dial

Not a recommended package, as you can get the same from them for 19 baht + VAT.

• Like 1

Darn. I needed that dtac weekly package... Part of the reason I chose them. They still have the cheapest price per GB (12 GB @ 799 baht) but 799 / month is a lot more than 59 / week...

Have you confirmed that it doesn't work?

Both TRUE and AIS have 12GB at the same price of 854 baht. Although AIS doesn't have 4G.

Darn. I needed that dtac weekly package... Part of the reason I chose them. They still have the cheapest price per GB (12 GB @ 799 baht) but 799 / month is a lot more than 59 / week...

Both TRUE and AIS have 12GB at the same price of 854 baht. Although AIS doesn't have 4G.

Not yet as my current 512 kbps / week plan has a few days left on it.

AIS do? Prepaid? What's the code? Only ever seen 2GB, 3GB and 5GB... And add-on 1 GB (7 days) for 100 baht,

Not yet as my current 512 kbps / week plan has a few days left on it.

AIS do? Prepaid? What's the code? Only ever seen 2GB, 3GB and 5GB... And add-on 1 GB (7 days) for 100 baht,

Confirmed that the DTAC promo is over. The AIS code should be on this thread. Though it's a daily code. Truemove has the same weekly package.

TrueMove, but their service isn't quite as good. AIS, but only daily.

AIS has a weekly option too, if you are okay with speed of 384 KB only.

the code is *777*731#

costs 69 Baht a week, unlimited.

fast enough to browse websites, not so to view Videos

daily option does exist too, 14 Baht per day (24 hrs from activation), as far as I remember the code would be 732 instead of 731, but better make sure before if u apply for it.

Edited by siam2007

TrueMove, but their service isn't quite as good. AIS, but only daily.

AIS has a weekly option too, if you are okay with speed of 384 KB only.

the code is *777*731#

costs 69 Baht a week, unlimited.

fast enough to browse websites, not so to view Videos

daily option does exist too, 14 Baht per day (24 hrs from activation), as far as I remember the code would be 732 instead of 731, but better make sure before if u apply for it.

I've already posted the codes.

Since I'm using a modem, it's simple enough for me to switch SIMs. So I can use the TrueMove package...but they tend to to be a bit block happy.

• Like 1

Oh and also *104*377*9# (512kb/s for 24 hours for 9 bahts) no longer exists too... sad.png

Whats to like about this - as someone has liked?!

When I now try to subscribe to this by USSD code I get DTAC suggesting I try Super Net as follows:

Super Net - Daily: 24-hr 15 baht

Able to use maximum speed at 512 Kbps. Usage greater than limited volume will be subject to speeds of no greater than 64 Kbps

200 MB

Activation shortcut *104*855*9# dial

So whereas I previously had truely unlimited 512Kbps now its just 200MB and then 64 freaking Kbps. A whiskyTF moment with DTAC for me, this truly sucks raw eggs.

To me the 19THB deal seems better than this?

*104*391*9# 19THB/D 100MB/384kbps

I haven't tried it today as I don't need it, but it is still listed on my DTAC android app as option. This is the plan I used to use before they offered 9THB/512kbps unlimited, and since 9THB is gone, I will try 19THB plan when I need to. Thanks DTAC!

** I also note the 49/w mentioned by jethro69 is infact per day - as corrected by another poster earlier on this thread.

Edited by WorriedNoodle

Confirmed that the DTAC promo is over. The AIS code should be on this thread. Though it's a daily code. Truemove has the same weekly package.

I can't find the AIS code in this thread, unless you mean the 9 baht / day @ 512 kbps. I'm currently using dtac's 12 Gb @ 799 @ 42 Mbps, and I was wondering if AIS have a similar offter, something not limited to 512 kbps. I am currently not aware of any such offers - the best they can do is 1 Gb of additional data (valid for 7 days) @ 42 Mbps for 100 baht, AFAIK.

TOT is pretty crappy against EU because they push all traffic via USA no matter what.

AIS uses sbn and their traffic is routed via Hong Kong most of the time and pings are a bit higher.

True pings should be okay. Dtac 3G pings were good when I had to use it like 2 years ago, now I have no idea.