UK Visit Visa

Wow! How fast!

My fiancé had the appointment on Friday, 19th December, at VFS. All docs handed in. We paid for fast track, as she has a short-notice training course in Dubai with the airline she works for on the 18th-20th Jan and will be travelling to UK once that ends directly from Dubai, therefore she needed to be sure she had her passport back to travel on the 17th. (Also means Emirates pay for BKK-DXB-BKK business class for her, and she uses her 90% staff discount DXB-MAN-DXB, so less than £100 all in!!).

She received email today saying decision made, passport back at VFS, come and collect.

Is that a record? Excluding the weekend, that's only 24 hours to process! (Just 1 working day!). I'll update the outcome (ie.whether visit visa granted or not) tomorrow after she has collected from VFS, but don't see any reason why it should be refused. She was here for 3 weeks in April, and I've been back in BKK 3 times during 2014.

Hope the next one is as easy - we'll be getting married in Thailand in a few months, so it will be spouse visa time then! Cheers.

What documents did you have to supply

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

As per process, printed application form plus all the supporting docs. Invitation letters, employment letters, bank statements, etc, from both of us. The list is pretty long. I've a full list of them from the application if you want.

Sent much much more than was required, but better than not enough.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us, especially the info regarding supporting documentation. Very useful to me as Mrs M has decided she want's to visit the UK, so I am planning a short trip next year ....Did you have to get your fiancee's ID card & house book translated?

Edited by mxyzptlk

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us, especially the info regarding supporting documentation. Very useful to me as Mrs M has decided she want's to visit the UK, so I am planning a short trip next year ....Did you have to get your fiancee's ID card & house book translated?
No need for either to be translated for visit visa, so nope. Cheers

No need for either to be translated for visit visa, so nope. Cheers

The house book is only useful as part of the 'reasons to return' suite of information.

According to the gov.uk ALL documents require a certified translation if they are not in English or Welsh. Details here:-

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

Edited by Jip99

I should have added:-

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

• a current passport or other valid travel identification
  • 2 passport size colour photographs
  • evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
  • details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa

You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.

You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

Guide to supporting documents:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343241/2014_08_Visitor_Documents.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the OP sent printouts of his bank statements, I thought they stipulated original documents. I do not get bank statements as I use internet banking, so can I assume printouts are ok.

As I have been in Thailand for almost three years since my last UK visit, do I need a Tuberculosis test?

I am hoping to visit the UK with my wife and adopted Thai daughter in the spring.