Private holidays for wife?

brucetefl

Sadly I don't know where OP comes from, nor do I know where your wife is going to.

If she goes to Europe (Schengen area) she would need a written invitation (plus guarantee) from someone who lives there to get a visa.

I would not be too suspicious about the gay friend, either.

Remember in many countries homosexuality was an offense a long time, and peoples' attitudes are not always up to date. Especially when it comes to heritage issues, then older people typically prefer an heir who is able to present grandchildren, and for this they want to see some evidence that their son is not gay.

In some rural areas in South America and Southern Europe it is not uncommon for gay men to present a woman as evidence they are not gay. Then everyone applauds, the woman can go back to where she came from, and maybe she gets part of the heritage, too.

Not every country is as liberal as Thailand.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walk away ,get a normal western woman ,if your old still possible to get a young one ,quite nice for time ,why do men put up with all the problems with thai ladies ,saying that iv got 3 in my house ,only good time is where there a sleep ,which is most of the time apart from eating

Yes, follow this advice, and you'll be pissed.

....it does not sound like love.......for one thing........

....so you will NEVER be her priority in anything important..........

...if you can live with that.......but I don't recommend it........then accept.......otherwise.........move on...........

....'a few months ago'......are you kidding........???

.....the only person you are kidding is yourself.......

Well you came to Thailand and met a western Thai lady, yes she has been westernized. that means she is a liberal Thai. Do you want to be with a western women or a Thai ? Kinda soon to be talking marriage also hasn't anyone ever told you to not show your cards ? She knows the western game and if that is what you want , GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

The worst western women you could meet has gay friends. yes this is a fact these fruits make the perfect male partner for them but no sex. and believe me sex does cross there minds. I have over heard and been told that if that guy was strait he would be perfect. I have an ex girl friend who had gay friends .

If you came to Thailand looking for a Thai girl keep looking.

You've only been together a few months, so perhaps she'd rather go on holiday alone. She might be a tad embarrassed about the age gap too and needs time to adjust to that before introducing you to her long term friends. It's quite unusual for an educated Thai woman of her class to have a much older husband, especially a foreign one.

In western countries an age difference of 16yrs is not all that uncommon, and certainly not here in Thailand, that also goes for the upper middle class high educated Thais.

She has remained single so far, done her own thing professionally and personally and is financially independent. Why do you think she is considering you as a long term partner? What do you bring to the table other than as a possible father to her children (if she actually still wants to have any)?

Funny how these guy friends are always gay. wink.png

I am not as old as you but I feel the same way about your situation as you do. On the one hand this guy is important enough for her to fly halfways around the world but you as her bf/husband should not meet him. Something smells fishy!

Regards,

L

gay and expensive . . . .

the trip is about her , not the friend. it is always about , us.

if this can't be handled, what is yet to come.

Sadly I don't know where OP comes from, nor do I know where your wife is going to.

If she goes to Europe (Schengen area) she would need a written invitation (plus guarantee) from someone who lives there to get a visa.

Remember in many countries homosexuality was an offense a long time, and peoples' attitudes are not always up to date. Especially when it comes to heritage issues, then older people typically prefer an heir who is able to present grandchildren, and for this they want to see some evidence that their son is not gay.

In some rural areas in South America and Southern Europe it is not uncommon for gay men to present a woman as evidence they are not gay. Then everyone applauds, the woman can go back to where she came from, and maybe she gets part of the heritage, too.

Didn't expect to see a statement this well rounded. enjoy

when did 51 become an older guy?

Edited by nithisa78

She is acting like a man (at least the men of 20 years ago, says he referring to himself in his 40s/50s).

When I was married to my (Caucasian) wife, I used to insist on having a holiday alone each year (and she would give in to me). But of course I was intending to meet my (Caucasian) gik in some sunny location in Europe.

Needless to say, we eventually divorced. I finally grew the balls to say "enough is enough", even though I had no particular woman in mind. Fairly amicable divorce.

we spend a life time growing a set . . . you made me laugh, thank you.

Some people just want total control in their relationships. I go on holidays on my own sometimes, as does Mrs T; it's nice to have independence as opposed to codependence.

Do you visit your lesbian friends alone :)

Read it bard.

She has remained single so far, done her own thing professionally and personally and is financially independent. Why do you think she is considering you as a long term partner? What do you bring to the table other than as a possible father to her children (if she actually still wants to have any)?

All the other suitors balked at the gay Canadian holidays too.

This girl isn't a keeper, and everyone who dates her can see it, except you.

Once again, don't worry about that gay friend too much. He's only one of a couple of friends. Of course she's got friends overseas if she's worked as a hotel manager, and of course she wants to meet them sometime. What's wrong with that?

I would let her go and see if she comes back.

By doing so, you can't fail, whether she comes back or not.

I am not as old as you but I feel the same way about your situation as you do. On the one hand this guy is important enough for her to fly halfways around the world but you as her bf/husband should not meet him. Something smells fishy!

Regards,

L

Nothing here fishy at all says my wife. When I read the OP to my Thai wife also University educated 30 year old; her immediate response was that the lady in question has been living a Bi/gay life as well for the last years and now wants to have a last fling before deciding if the OP is the way to go. If I was the OP I would insist on travelling with her or game over and it is a game now initiated by the lady.

she just turned 36 and has been single and very independent for almost 10 years now (never been married. 36 yr old and never married but single and independent for only 10 yrs.....How

Could be same as Mark and going for a last fling with the Gals and the gay bar scene

You need to re read the OP again

Thanks for all the comments.

First of all this guy IS gay. I have met his partner and seen pictures of him on FB. He is very, very GAY.

51 and 36? In Thailand? Come on. Unless the girl is below 25 or so it would not really raise an eyebrow.

This girl is honest, but just has ideas about independence that I am having a hard time getting my head around. My ex gf invited both of us to visit her in Australia. I just think... my friends will be excited to meet the person who is important in my life. I think her friend should feel the same.

Anyway, i just wanted to see if there were people out there who agreed with her, and there are a few.

Thanks for your help.

My wife says you are being tested by Miss independent and not in a good way. She is comparing you to her former life style and your worth in changing for you. She has most likely been living a Bi/Gay life style suggests my wife and she is off to compare your value to her or the value of her independance,

It's still better to have the test before any marriage.

And honestly, who could keep a 100KB woman back in a cage?

I'm with this Issan lady here aged 37, she calls herself an independent Hippie and occasionally runs away to Amsterdam. She's always been back within 14 days. I know her friends in Holland and their families, their wives have an eye on a Thai Hippie chick for sure.

I can't hold her back, I was a Hippie butterfly myself at her age, and she knows it. Anyway, she's getting older, so she must make a decision pretty soon, and she knows it. And she's jeleaous about every nice lady that comes too close to me.

I simply take it as a mutual test to find out if we can trust each other. And I trust her (and myself) - not too much, but enough to let her go on her own from time to time.

Politely as I can put it are you out of your $@#&^%&*()! objecting to your wife/GF leaving you alone for awhile when most of us would pay a fortune to send the " MRS". on a trip. with no matter where/with who/or how long You don't need advice you need extensive therapy at the Betty Ford Clinic

Regards,

L

Nothing here fishy at all says my wife. When I read the OP to my Thai wife also University educated 30 year old; her immediate response was that the lady in question has been living a Bi/gay life as well for the last years and now wants to have a last fling before deciding if the OP is the way to go. If I was the OP I would insist on travelling with her or game over and it is a game now initiated by the lady.

Your comment only shows that there is alot of guessing involved in order to obtain a university degree.

Regards,

L

Your comment only shows that there is alot of guessing involved in order to obtain a university degree.

Not to much guessing involved with a 36 year old University grad ( given the named schools she went togiggle.gif ) who works the hospitality industry and has a gay friends. Still wondering who is sponsoring her trip to Mark as visa's for Thai's need sponsors financially and proof in the application for visa of a valid reason to return to Thailand. Oh yeah a 51 year old duck to lame to confront the lady in question. I guess we should feel honored that he chose us anonymous TV members to beg for validity in his quandary.cheesy.gif

Regards,

L

Not to much guessing involved with a 36 year old University grad ( given the named schools she went togiggle.gif ) who works the hospitality industry and has a gay friends. Still wondering who is sponsoring her trip to Mark as visa's for Thai's need sponsors financially and proof in the application for visa of a valid reason to return to Thailand. Oh yeah a 51 year old duck to lame to confront the lady in question. I guess we should feel honored that he chose us anonymous TV members to beg for validity in his quandary.cheesy.gif

Ohhh...your 36 year old university educated, who attended well known schools in LOS, and has a gay friend, speaks from experience...you meant to say....okay that will do for me. Kapom.

Regards,

L

Are you the bloke that was too thick to answer this question so asked your wife?

Not everyone needs a farang sponsor to travel you pillock

Well my 2 cents worth. I took my wife on an annual holiday to Australia once. I wouldn't do it again. I go every so often for a bit of personal business and admin. First I have to jump through hoops just to get her a visa. Accommodation options become more limited, cant very well have her sleeping on a mate's couch. I have to buy 2 airfares. I have to put up with her whinging about the food (she's a vegetarian) or get accommodation with a kitchen so she can make her own. I want to catch up with family and friends, maybe have a few beers and a punt at the pub, all these things become more difficult and expensive or less enjoyable dragging her along. Plus when we travel together the slightest thing sets off a sulk. So I go alone. Her idea of a good holiday is to enter a temple as a novice nun for a week or two. She wants me to go with her, not the slightest chance, I get time off and can do my own thing.

I think some of the people that se a HUGE RED FLAG in what this woman wants to do are considering it as if she was a hooker or something which as the OP explains she isn't. And if a woman wants to be unfaithful to you then locking her up isn't going to remedy anything. I cant understand guys that insist their wives accompany them everywhere I like my me time.

I am very surprised of the many many possesive replies.. You do not own a GF or wife, it is not your property. A partner who feels locked up will not like to continue such relationship for long. you are afraid to give freedom? The more you tighten the freedom the more they feel uncomfortable. If your partner likes/loves you, they will respect the bounderies and enjoy spending time together. Some people are so jealous and possesive they will always end up alone.