Private holidays for wife?

brucetefl

I am very surprised of the many many possesive replies.. You do not own a GF or wife, it is not your property. A partner who feels locked up will not like to continue such relationship for long. you are afraid to give freedom? The more you tighten the freedom the more they feel uncomfortable. If your partner likes/loves you, they will respect the bounderies and enjoy spending time together. Some people are so jealous and possesive they will always end up alone.

While you don't own your gf, in Thailand you do own your wife.

That's why you can take a guy to court for compensation if he uses your wife.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attitude of treating my wife as my private property looks ridiculous to me, and the idea of compensation for extramarital sex (I guess that's what you mean) sounds strange to me. But it raises a question in me:

Would a Thai woman have to ask me for a permission to work abroad if we are married?

I am very surprised of the many many possesive replies.. You do not own a GF or wife, it is not your property. A partner who feels locked up will not like to continue such relationship for long. you are afraid to give freedom? The more you tighten the freedom the more they feel uncomfortable. If your partner likes/loves you, they will respect the bounderies and enjoy spending time together. Some people are so jealous and possesive they will always end up alone.

While you don't own your gf, in Thailand you do own your wife.

That's why you can take a guy to court for compensation if he uses your wife.

BS, you don't own your wife in Thailand.

Funny how these guy friends are always gay. wink.png

I am not as old as you but I feel the same way about your situation as you do. On the one hand this guy is important enough for her to fly halfways around the world but you as her bf/husband should not meet him. Something smells fishy!

Regards,

L

Nothing here fishy at all says my wife. When I read the OP to my Thai wife also University educated 30 year old; her immediate response was that the lady in question has been living a Bi/gay life as well for the last years and now wants to have a last fling before deciding if the OP is the way to go. If I was the OP I would insist on travelling with her or game over and it is a game now initiated by the lady.

Your comment only shows that there is alot of guessing involved in order to obtain a university degree.

Not to much guessing involved with a 36 year old University grad ( given the named schools she went togiggle.gif ) who works the hospitality industry and has a gay friends. Still wondering who is sponsoring her trip to Mark as visa's for Thai's need sponsors financially and proof in the application for visa of a valid reason to return to Thailand. Oh yeah a 51 year old duck to lame to confront the lady in question. I guess we should feel honored that he chose us anonymous TV members to beg for validity in his quandary.cheesy.gif

Not really. If she has been in Canada several times before its very easy to get a visa. As long she can proof she has a job in Thailand and funds to support herself she will be just fine. Furthermore if she works for a hotel in Thailand it takes one letter from the GM or HR department to sponsor her visa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP, let me give you a piece of advice.... as maybe I am in similar situation. I am 41, my gf is 34.

If she is truly independent like my gf, meaning she bought her own house, has her own job, her parents are also financially independent (and most importantly she expects a good inheritance from them by not fing things up with some idiot Farang).... she does not really need you and she does not really trust to show you around after only a few months. To an independent "Thai" woman, you indeed need to prove yourself, as they have already been screwed (literally and figuratively) and by a few men.

I have been with my women now 18 months (generously living in her house) and I can tell you that finally she is loosening up and showing me attachment that I did not see in the beginning. This is fine with me as every relationship that started passionately ended up being crap long term.

Of course, I do not know your girlfriend, but if you want to be serious give her space and let her be. It may be a gold (not a gold digger) worth keeping. Also, I can assure you that most Canadian men are gay, so nothing to worry about.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

Becareful op, I recently posted an ad on craiglist saying I'm looking for fun in Bangkok, and this is one of the messages I received

I saw your ad and I'm interested in knowing more about you. Are you interested in meeting a sexy 42 year old married Thai woman? I'm living abroad and will be back in Bangkok the first week of February for a short visit. I would like to have a young hung guy like you to cure my jetlag. You must be DDD (drama, disease, drug) free as I certainly am. I'm not a working girl and assume you are not in this for money either

She posted her picture too, a fine looking body to say the least. IF she doesnt want you to accompany her to the trip then theres something wrong with that relationship. High chance of her messing around with other guys, doesnt have to be that Mark dude. Be very wary of westernised asian birds.

Edited by Lukecan

• 4 weeks later...

Just as an update, the gf has dropped the requests to travel overseas but will go with some friends for a few days, all of them I know very well and her co workers, for 3 days and 2 nights in Hua Hin.

And last week I got an unexpected bill for 500,000 baht from the hospital. She immediately offered to pay it since I am a bit short on cash.

I plan to keep her.

Women have friends too.

who told you that lie ? they always have prospects. show me a woman with a casual friendship with a man and i will show you a clever lady holding one back for possible dry times. they play the long game, we as men are only looking for the "now times" . pay attention because if you do not someone, man or woman will be diving for your sponges :-)

Just as an update, the gf has dropped the requests to travel overseas but will go with some friends for a few days, all of them I know very well and her co workers, for 3 days and 2 nights in Hua Hin.

And last week I got an unexpected bill for 500,000 baht from the hospital. She immediately offered to pay it since I am a bit short on cash.

I plan to keep her.

ehhhh..... but did she pay it ? i think not. dude, she got you pegged & whipped , you are now a woosie boy shareing sll that she has :-)

Her friend is not gay...but they will have a gay ole time if you let her have her way...

She wants to have her cake...and eat it too...good luck with this relationship...

Mine announced she was going on a 2 week vacation to the beach and wished to go alone...when she returned...I had move elsewhere...

Oh, the fragility of the male ego.

I should have been more specific. Yes she did.

I plan to keep her.

ehhhh..... but did she pay it ? i think not. dude, she got you pegged & whipped , you are now a woosie boy shareing sll that she has :-)

I plan to keep her.

may want to give this some time and thought. I know many women this age married with seniors such as your self and once they got the $ sorted they travel alone and and get themselves sorted. one gik i had was quite proud of this fact and loved that she could travel freely and get all her sex goals met. pretty dirty if you ask me. who knows about your situation, although this scenario is basically a mirror image of what your asking..

the fact that this question even arises should be a warning sign to you. unless its kind of an open relationship - many people have these quite successfully actually, thats a good option

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Let her go, don't go to send her off, instead pack your own bag and head off to Pattaya for some 'golf', tell her to call when she's back.

Her reaction to you doing something that woud give her cause for concern would be just as telling as any 'straight talk'

She's not your pet, and you should trust her a bit.

If she's got an invitation (someone who pays her holiday) I would let her go.

If she comes back it's oK.

If she does not come back, then at least you know it's time to look for another woman.

If the host was paying for her trip that would be even more worrying.

My wife has been on two short trips with her female friends at office. I'm not keen on it mainly bcz she doesn't make a lot of money so I'm sort of indirectly subsidizing it. The execs drag her along mainly due to her English abilities and how well traveled she is - but shes super great person truly.

The next one I'm going, but they will separate and go to Sapa for one night. Utterly ridiculous. Ill stay in Hanoi and eat pho and get drunk.

We've also gone together on some camping outings with her friends. I'm always welcome.

I'm against the trips bcz they are what I term low quality travel. Very fast, superficial and poor value.

I've taken her lots of places, travel is the glue in our marriage.

I'm not worried about her cheating. She can cheat on me now, she need not go to Macau.

I would not be happy, her dropping a months salary on a trip alone with friends and do get pissed when she books that nonsense. She also has limited vacation so if its wasted on some crap holiday then I'm paying even more to take her on a real trip. Its nit that important to me, if that's what she wants...we stay here. I've already seen much of the world.

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

Let her go, don't go to send her off, instead pack your own bag and head off to Pattaya for some 'golf', tell her to call when she's back.

Her reaction to you doing something that woud give her cause for concern would be just as telling as any 'straight talk'

I've told my wife this, just in joking. But it does make a solid point. I'm sure she's not going off with another guy, but let her little genius mind think about it awhile.

She can go blow money on a dumbass trip. I can go to plsy golf and get drunk in the gogos.

Sort of empty threat....I've not been in a bar since the first month I met her zix yrs ago lol.

• 1 month later...

When was the last time that a Thai girl who really loved someone, let them out of their sight, let alone took off and traveled half-way around the world alone?

This guy in Canada, may or may not be what she claimed.

He may be someone that can give her more than you can, like a life in Canada and she wants to go and find out what it is all about.

If it doesn't work out, you are the fall-back guy. (At her age better someone than no one)

If she was really into you, this would not be happening.

The simple fact she will take off and not care if she loses you or not is evidence you are not her first choice.