Dual citizen swapping passports, what to disclose in the application form

I am planning on applying for a tourist visa using my second passport. On the application form one has to state "Date of a previous visit to Thailand", but if I answer truthfully, it will become apparent that I am now using a different passport. While that may technically be legal, will the consular clerk not question why the stated date does not match the one in my passport?

Also, if I am renting an apartment in Thailand, is it risky to state that as my "Place to stay in Thailand", or should I put the name of a hotel since I am supposed to be a tourist?

Lastly, are there any embassies/consulates in SE Asia to avoid for tourist visas? I am thinking of going to either Phnom Penh or Vientiane, though I just noticed the visa applications are "usually processed within 72 hours" in PP, which seems a little long. Am I likely to get my visa faster elsewhere?

If you are applying for a visa at a nearby location you will not be able to apply for the visa unless your passport shows you entered the country using it where you are applying.

There is no rule that says you cannot have 2 passports. Being honest on the application form would be best.

It can take up to 4 days to get a visa in Phnom Penh unless you use an agent. Even then it can take 48 hours. There have been reports that they are asking for tickets out of the country to get the visa. They only issue single entry tourist visas.

Vientiane Laos is next afternoon service. Savannakhet does visas on the same day you apply. You can get a 2 entry tourist visa at both locations.