Safety measures in force to ensure safe and happy celebration of New Year

webfact

Safety measures in force to ensure safe and happy celebration of New Year

12-22-2014-9-17-04-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- As the New Year is just a week ahead, the government has tasked all government agencies to facilitate the people to celebrate the New Year with safety and happiness.

This task represents the best New Year present that the government can give to the people.

For the Royal Thai Police which is a core agency to do the job, it has now come up with a plan to accommodate this.

Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang today assured the public that the police force was in high readiness to ensure safety on the country’s roads and to facilitate the overall safety during the 2015 New Year celebrations.

This is the time in which many of the public chooses to return home to their hometowns to celebrate the end of the current year and welcoming the New Year with their family and relatives. The commissioner stated that the police have prepared measures necessary to ensure the overall safety of the public.

The police commissioner said that the deputy prime minister as well as the prime minister has assigned the Royal Thai Police with the important task of ensuring the safety, peace and order of the civilian population during the New Year celebrations.

This not only applies to the physical safety of the public but also to their property as well, he said.

“Of the highest priority is the issue of traffic safety for citizens who will be returning to their hometowns. They must be able to travel safely and with the least amount of difficulties on the country’s roads,” he stated.

Accordingly, the Ministry of Interior has also tasked governor of each province to carry out strict checks on entertainment establishments in their respective areas of responsibility.

They have also ordered that provincial administrations coordinate with local police forces in all aspects to ensure that no illicit activity or unforeseen events should occur to spoil the festivities for the general public.

In accordance with high state of readiness of authorities ordered by the government, the Ministry of Science technology and Environment along with the Ministry of Public Health provided training for police officers who were looking after drunk driving.

The training provided the officers with valuable knowledge on the proper use as well as the correct maintenance procedures of the breathalyzer equipment they would be using during the approaching New Year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/safety-measures-force-ensure-safe-happy-celebration-new-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-23

So what are the measures ?

Exactly, I was thinking when is the article actually going to get to the point of what in concrete terms is actually going to be done, waited till the end to see they will teach the boys how to maintain and use the breathalyzers.

• Like 1

As long as you are not wearing Croc's and sending messages by Line about your favourite family, all should go well , in anticipation , Happy New year PM General Prayut and all those hard working Junta personal , to make Thailand a Media free, Democratic country. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I found one measure!!: biggrin.png

"“Of the highest priority is the issue of traffic safety for citizens who will be returning to their hometowns. They must be able to travel safely and with the least amount of difficulties on the country’s roads,” he stated."

Now I am relieved, all will be safe on the roads, and without any difficulty at that! Or was it with very little difficulty perhaps?

Will that traffic safety issue be issued on placards that you can take with you or a medal around your neck; saying "This driver is now safe"? Or will it just say "Traffic safety issued"?

Edited by AlQaholic

My local municipal government will be leading from the front as usual for New Year and Songkran.

Their traffic centre will be set up under several canopies complete with tables chairs and power leads for the hot water thermo pots.

It's manned 24 hrs by municipal staff earning lots of lovely O/T and sometimes young recruits from the local basic training camp but quite what their function is beats me as they never seem to actually do anything except eat, talk, read and sleep.

Edited by NongKhaiKid
  • Like 1

Traffic safety measures are always a good thing, as long as they are not overdone, like in the US, or the UK. It is something you rarely see here. When was the last time anybody saw anyone pulled over for reckless driving, or speeding, here in the LOS? Police doing the jobs they were hired to do is always a positive development. Hope it happens. There are alot of reckless drivers marauding the highways here. Perhaps being pulled over once in a while might send them a signal, that they are being watched?

• Like 2

My local municipal government will be leading from the front as usual for New Year and Songkran.

Their traffic centre will be set up under several canopies complete with tables chairs and power leads for the hot water thermo pots.

It's manned 24 hrs by municipal staff earning lots of lovely O/T and sometimes young recruits from the local basic training camp but quite what their function is beats me as they never seem to actually do anything except eat, talk, read and sleep.

Are they not there to provide a rest area and coffee to tired motorists?

Of course, how one could possibly get quality rest with 2/3 of the population driving past these canopies at any given moment is yet another question, but then again, many Thais can sleep anywhere, anyhow, under any conditions.

• Like 1

I'm just going to come out and say it.... Whatever safety measures the government thinks (or is deluding themselves into thinking) are in place, they will make little to no difference at all.

The best thing we can all do is all be extra vigilant, taking extra care with ourselves and our loved ones.

x12-22-2014-9-17-04-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.

If this is safety driving then I have to cross my self.

If you look picture then there are no one there keep brake king distant, but this is Thailand. All Thai drivers have to take driving license again and that also counting the Thai police.

If Thai government say what can we do. It's very simple put up camera thee take picture of number plate and send the ticket bill to the owner of the car and when the government have lot of million Thai baht then use the money to repair the roads. It's in that way we do in Europa.....bah.gifbah.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

We got the same meaningless assurances last New Year, when nearly 400 died and ten times as many injured and maimed in the drunken orgy of a holiday that was shorter than this year's marathon?

One can only hope that the police commissioner enjoys his Christmas dinner but remembers to leave enough room to eat his optimistic words.

Saw the headline and couldn't even be bothered to read it. Same ol', same ol' every frigging year.

Same noises from those counting the money in power yet roughly the same number of fatalities, injuries and accidents will probably occur anyway.

Be safe everyone and remember to expect the worse when out on the roads.

Will be interesting to see the stats after the New Year. That is, if they are to be believed...

As others have posted, I'd like to know what the measures are as well. Or are they just getting the RTP to do the job they have been supposed to have been doing all these years.

That being said, I do sincerely hope fatalities and injuries can be reduced this year.

Do we have a choice? I certainly will be very happy considering the alternative is to spend the holidays as a guest in a govt re-education facility. Things getting weirder and more Orwellian everyday. "Hunts" or more aptly witchhunts for overseas Thais wanted under LM 112. Remember to post only happy thoughts on LINE...Big Brother is watching. Off to take some selfies of my happiness now!

The police commissioner said that the deputy prime minister as well as the prime minister has assigned the Royal Thai Police with the important task of ensuring the safety, peace and order of the civilian population during the New Year celebrations.

And the rest of the year??????

• Like 1

The following measures would greatly decrease accidents:

No motorcycles allowed to run during the holidays

No pickups allowed to run during the holidays

No buses allowed to run during the holidays

or

No drinking and driving

No yaba and driving

No one with half a brain allowed to drive

That removes about 99% of the casualties.