Looking to Rent a House in Min Buri, Khlong Sam Wan Area

I'm looking to rent a house in the area close to Safari World/Fashion Island and I'm simply looking for a base to get my head down 2-3 days a week. I live in Bang Khea and the drive or ride home is killing me which has turned my day into a 17hr work day.

I've seen some nice places for as little as 9-10k 3 bed with community pool etc, but a house that is safe for my daughter is also essential. I've checked DD site and the problem is they are never updated as most are already rented out.

If anyone can point me to a site or know of a place worth trying it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I just moved house and did look at a few around the minburi area before deciding, in my experience its a waste of time going on any of the websites including DD as non are kept upto date...even houses rented out since 6 months or more are still on there,

The only realistic way to find a place is to ride around on a scooter searching as most places only get advertised with a sign on the gate or tied to a lamp post with a mobile number ...many just rely on word of mouth as advertising,

Find an area or a moo baan suitable and ask at the local mom and pop shops or noodle stalls, often these people have the key ready to show interested people, i found its possible to view places at the rate of 1 per hour riding around on a scooter.

Hi BBJ,

My wife and I have a house about 10 minutes from Fashion Island. 3 bed, 3 bath with garden and a private pool (3 x 6 x 1.3m). We have moved away for work requirements and have it in our minds to rent the house. Comes fully furnished, pool is looked after twice weekly and garden is also serviced. It could be a straight walk in and hang up clothes type of place.

House is in a Moo Baan and security is very good. All common areas are well looked after. The next door neighbour (thai) are a good family. There is only a couple of other foreigners in the 300 house complex. My wife and I have been there for six years and very much enjoyed it. Quiet and safe.

Photos are available through private email if you would like to see more.

Cheers,

Aussie.