Chinese tourists to bring smiles back to Thailand

webfact

they always make me smile... when 20 of them push in front of me in the immigration line and not one of them has completed the immigration form.....

to be fair though, there are also others - today on board a THAI flight there were a group of Sikh men and women, with Thai passports, refusing to sit down, refusing to turn off their phones or even stop yelling into them, talking down to the cabin crew in a blatant way, and standing up during the taxiing. Peasants with lots of gold bangles....

Edited by bangon04

I can't wait for them to start crapping and pissing in the street in front of everyone. Ever been on an Air Asia flight with Chinese on it? Even though the girls come through and collect trash about a dozen times, when you get off the plane, it looks like rubbish tornado went through the cabin. The entire floor is covered with noodles, bowls, cups, bags, and every other thing they can throw on the floor. They are always screaming and shouting at each other, trying to have full conversations from the front of the plane to the back, they are always trying to sneak into the Red chairs and pretend to sleep so the girls don't wake them up...It goes on and on. I don't think Thais have the patience for that behavior on a grand scale.

The last time I visited home, I flew China Southern Air, which needless to say carried predominantly Chinese passengers both going and on return. Witnessed nothing like this, engaged in some great conversations with fellow passengers, not one problem experienced personally... As typical in these forums the posts end up dominated by Western males with a neo-colonialist outlook.

Wow, so I guess you think that the Hong Kong Chinese, and the Singapore Chinese, and the Taiwan Chinese, among others, also hold a very low opinion of the Ah Chan because of their neo-colonialist outlook?

I can't wait for them to start crapping and pissing in the street in front of everyone. Ever been on an Air Asia flight with Chinese on it? Even though the girls come through and collect trash about a dozen times, when you get off the plane, it looks like rubbish tornado went through the cabin. The entire floor is covered with noodles, bowls, cups, bags, and every other thing they can throw on the floor. They are always screaming and shouting at each other, trying to have full conversations from the front of the plane to the back, they are always trying to sneak into the Red chairs and pretend to sleep so the girls don't wake them up...It goes on and on. I don't think Thais have the patience for that behavior on a grand scale.

The last time I visited home, I flew China Southern Air, which needless to say carried predominantly Chinese passengers both going and on return. Witnessed nothing like this, engaged in some great conversations with fellow passengers, not one problem experienced personally... As typical in these forums the posts end up dominated by Western males with a neo-colonialist outlook.

Wow, so I guess you think that the Hong Kong Chinese, and the Singapore Chinese, and the Taiwan Chinese, among others, also hold a very low opinion of the Ah Chan because of their neo-colonialist outlook?

Those Chinese from Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan. They should be banned from marrying women from mainland China, and taking them women back to Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.

That'ill shut them up. Bunch of snobs with their a__'s too high from the floor.

If anyone seriously thinks the chinese are the answer to Thailand's dwindling tourist numbers, then what lies ahead for the tourist industry promises to be a bumpy (not to mention quiet & lonely) road indeed. The few intrepid arrivals remaining are going to find themselves being picked over by the scammers, purse & necklace snatchers, hungry shopowners, underemployed hospitality industry workers, and of course the police like a roast turkey in a homeless shelter.

Just that one flight? Trust me, you need to go out a little bit more thumbsup.gif

Actually a total of four separate flights, Bangkok to Guangzhou, Guangzhou to Los Angeles and return same way... In Chiang Mai I went on a day-long tour of the Golden Triangle, and most of the others on the trip were Chinese, and exceptionally well behaved (as were the French on another tour I took of rafting and hiking that seemed all french except for me)... The fact is that most people traveling, and yes I mean both Western and Asian and in between are well-behaved, basically decent folks. They come here and they have good experiences, sometimes bad experiences, but no group can be entirely painted with a single brush. I also don't think the views expressed by many in this forum represent the views of any majority, just those that are more vocal. Unfortunately there are some issues that just get me riled and my dander up and this is one of them...

Nuff said, last trip home I found out my blood pressure is a bit high, TV probably is not good for that...

Interesting indeed, that you have had positive experience with these people. Perhaps you've been lucky. Or I'm the unlucky one. My latest brush with them was at a hotel. A five-star hotel, no less. I was swimming laps in the pool, when two Mainland Chinese women rocked up, took off their shoes and socks, rolled up their jeans, sat down by the side of the pool, and just stuck their feet into the pool. OK I thought, the chlorine will take care of that.

Next, their offsprings came running and wait for it... jumped straight into the pool!!! Clothes and all. For some reasons, they had the mind to remove their shoes first! They got out of the pool, took off their clothes and continued jumping repeatedly into the pool. At this point I have already stopped swimming - don't want these rascals to jump on my back, break by backbone and kill me.

Then... the males walked up. Took of their clothes, and surprise of surprises, were in their trunks!!! My hope that they would reprimand their gang members for such unruly public behaviour was dashed in an instant when he got into the pool, rested himself at the corner and lit a cigarette!!!

This is the latest and just one in a long line of disgusting, unruly, loud and uncouth behavious by those from Mainland China. As mentioned, that you have never experienced any such things (I assume, from your post) really makes me wonder how lucky you are, or unlucky I've been.

I can't say with any verified certainty that the views expressed by many in this forum represent the views of any majority, but ask around people outside this forum and I'll be truly surprised if you don't find most people having had some bad experiences with the Mainland Chinese, or have at least heard of it.

I listen to the Chinese-bashing here, and I have to ask myself... When was the last time anyone heard of Chinese (from Mainland China or Taiwan) involved in a drunken brawl, arrested for killing a Thai woman, running over someone, having public sex on a beach, etc, etc... I may not approve of tourists dressing as students and posing for photos at Chiang Mai University, but that is benign compared to what one hears frequently of farang behavior in Thailand.

No they have drunken Brawls on Planes 30.000 feet up and threaten to blow the panes up.whistling.gif

One incident... I've heard of many more incidents involving intoxicated farang on flights, fighting, being disruptive, sexually harassing stewardesses... Just read through Thai Visa News for a week and it is clear that Chinese tourists are minor offenders compared...

Try asking the hong kong chinese their take on the mainland chinese tourists they get, i even noticed signs in hotels asking them not to shit piss or do washing in the pool,

Try asking the the tour reps (western and asian) who work in resorts which now have main land chinese tourists, all are taught a few phrases mostly along the lines of..please do not shit or piss in the swimming pool, they are instructed to repeat these rules to every mainland group which arrives.

Edited by tingtongfarang