Thai police rescue three Nepalese ABAC students from 'kidnappers'

webfact

Police Rescue Three Nepalese ABAC Students From 'Kidnappers'
By Khaosod English

14194104811419411602l.jpg
The three students embracing each other at Bang Bo Police Station, 23 December 2014

BANGKOK - Police say they have rescued three Nepalese students who were abducted by five former classmates in Bangkok earlier this week.

Police say the families of the three Nepalese students, who are currently enrolled at Assumption University (also known as ABAC) in Bangkok, sought help help from the police on 20 December. Following the investigation, police officers raided an apartment in Lat Krabang district yesterday and found the three students.

Two of the kidnappers were also arrested, while three others managed to flee the crime scene, police say. Their nationalities are said to be Indian, Pakistani, and Nepalese.

According to the police report, the five suspects and three victims studied in the same program at ABAC, and the suspects lured the victims into getting a taxi on 19 December before taking them to the apartment room in Lat Krabang district, where they were bound and blind-folded.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1419410481

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-24

Assumption is for the rich. Can anyone see these kids who kidnapped their classmates getting into any serious kind of trouble?

That school is well known to graduate leaders of thr community and success. I guess their education was not enough in this case.

Maybe the answer lies within their countries of origin??

Pakistan, India and Nepal.

Assumption is for the rich. Can anyone see these kids who kidnapped their classmates getting into any serious kind of trouble?

That school is well known to graduate leaders of thr community and success. I guess their education was not enough in this case.

No it's not.

Studying overseas is for the rich. Abac is for middle class Thais mostly.

• Like 1

No it's not.

Studying overseas is for the rich. Abac is for middle class Thais mostly.

ABAC has large amounts of foreign students. A "foreign students" society was set up within ABAC by the students a couple of years ago which was led by the large contingent from Nepal, who hosted the launch (which I attended).

Why is the word kidnappers in (single) quotation marks? The article reads like it was an actual kidnapping.

At the moment, it is still an alleged kidnapping. While I do not doubt it is real, other explanations are theoretically possible. For instance, the victims could be part of an extortion racket against their families (so they did not need to return home).

Why is the word kidnappers in (single) quotation marks? The article reads like it was an actual kidnapping.

Don't get it?

It is because they are covering their asses in case this turns out to be a student jape or a sham of some sort.

This is Thailand, dude. Things like this only happen here, not in our own countries.

"Police say the families of the three Nepalese students, who are currently enrolled at Assumption University...."

Why are the families enrolled at the University?

"Police say the families of the three Nepalese students, who are currently enrolled at Assumption University (also known as ABAC) in Bangkok, sought help help from the police on 20 December."

Perhaps you might have included the complete sentence in your quote? Commas are used to break a statement into understandable sections, thus the blue sections make sense since they are outside the other part of the sentence.

I expect one of TVF's current English language experts may be able to comment further, parse sentence and correct me if I am in error..

I understood perfectly well what the writer was stating.