Its christmas day ,how sad we are on here.

i claudius

We had crab for dinner ,no turkey no roasts , but tomorrow when the familly comes ,the full monty.smile.png

mind you i did get a nice shirt from our son , still your right doesnt feel like xmas much

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2

I cooked a big roast chicken stuffed with oranges and rubbed with coconut oil and other secret ingredients, mashed potatoes and gravy, New Zealand mussels and I'm now out of the kitchen as the Thai women do their part for the Christmas dinner. Company arrives about 10 minutes.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I ate 2.5 kilos of tangerines, 2 kilos of roast chicken breasts, 5 roast sweet potatoes, a pan of roast potatoes, cabbage, gravy, 6 chocolate bars, a pack of sesame biscuits; 10 coconut pastries, and 3 cups of Aribica coffee. I was going to go on a naughty massage mission, but I can not get off the couch!biggrin.png

I had Marks & Spencer's Christmas pudding (yummysmile.png ) and after-dinner had some Terry’s chocolate orange. Does anyone remember those?

• Like 2

I ate 2.5 kilos of tangerines, 2 kilos of roast chicken breasts, 5 roast sweet potatoes, a pan of roast potatoes, cabbage, gravy, 6 chocolate bars, a pack of sesame biscuits; 10 coconut pastries, and 3 cups of Aribica coffee. I was going to go on a naughty massage mission, but I can not get off the couch!biggrin.png

I forgot to count how many beans I ate.

• Like 2

I had Marks & Spencer's Christmas pudding (yummysmile.png ) and after-dinner had some Terry’s chocolate orange. Does anyone remember those?

Went to work today, sad.png

Cooking xmas dinner tomorrow for the family, and yes we have a Terry's chocolate orange too!!! biggrin.png brought back from Blighty in November. I had to hide it from my son who will eat half in a session.blink.png

Merry Xmas to you all and all the best for 2015.thumbsup.gif

P.S. Lighting a candle tomorrow too for friends lost in the tsunami, let us not forget them.wai2.gif

• Like 2

I only came on the forum today to ruin everyone else's Christmas with post removals, warnings and suspensions ...

Not really ..... and I hope everyone has the traditional things that the season is known for and stays safe if on the roads.

Just had nice dinner with visiting daughter and will head back out in a bit to check other local happenings. Cheers, all.

Merry Christmas to you sir.

I had baked beans.....but I gave myself an extra scoop.

Enjoy the local happenings.

Not really, for retired folks, one day is pretty much like any other...just like the weekends hold no special significance for them as they do for working folks. I would guess that a good percentage of at least the active Pattaya T-V posters are retired. In addition, for free-thinkers and atheists like myself, religious holidays of any sort hold no significance.

• Like 2

I had Marks & Spencer's Christmas pudding (yummy:) ) and after-dinner had some Terrys chocolate orange. Does anyone remember those?

I knew there was something else I forgot to buy when I was back in England earlier this year - Terry's plain chocolate was my favourite!

Not really, for retired folks, one day is pretty much like any other...just like the weekends hold no special significance for them as they do for working folks. I would guess that a good percentage of at least the active Pattaya T-V posters are retired. In addition, for free-thinkers and atheists like myself, religious holidays of any sort hold no significance.

Agreed. Had around of golf this morning, normal meal tonight and watched a "Frost" video. Off to bed with a good book later. Quite happy and contented.

Because I don't drink (got nowt against it for other though) going out to bars etc has zero appeal to me.

It's funny really. Some people believe everyone else is having a rip-roaring time, whereas the reality, particularly in the UK with lousy weather, is that most people are bored out of their skin on Xmas Day (if they don't have young kids) and can't wait for the sales and the return of football tomorrow.

I will be more than happy tomorrow watching the cricket from Australia from my armchair.

Take care one and all and have a successful new year. clap2.gif

• Like 2

Always liked listening to an episode of "Mrs Dales diary" an everyday event of a GP's wife in the Yorkshire dales,but now I have to put up with XHamster.com

"Oh Jim, I think there is something you ought to know...." then the music....

Remember it well.

I only came on the forum today to ruin everyone else's Christmas with post removals, warnings and suspensions ...

Not really ..... and I hope everyone has the traditional things that the season is known for and stays safe if on the roads.

Just had nice dinner with visiting daughter and will head back out in a bit to check other local happenings. Cheers, all.

To all you guy's on the Team,,,,,

So it is X Mas,,,,,Relax & enjoy,,

http://youtu.be/51bO1CVPWRA

One of the reasons I enjoy this time of year in Thailand is because I don't have to put up with the xmas superstitions. Walk on water, raise the dead, water into wine, come on, only Indian Fakirs can do that stuff.

Oh, the fake come on with the topic title is sad, you deserve dirision. There are just too many non christians on this board for a title like that. Those christians have caused most of the wars since 2000 years ago. They should all be ashamed.

Edited by IAMHERE

I was one of the sad ones, not here, but back in Scotland. I hated Christmas and New Year, watching all those idiots queueing at ATMs drawing lots of money to celebrate one day, then spend the rest of the following year paying it back.

I remember when I had just left school, I forgot to buy my father a Christmas present, I was working on Christmas eve, and spent the night trying to find him a present without success. On Christmas day I was working again (it was compulsory in those days) When I got home from work, I just walked in the door and he started in a raised voice telling everyone he got a present from everyone but me, I had five brothers.

The only good thing for me at Christmas back in Scotland was the gigs I played with the band.

• Like 1

Agreed. Had around of golf this morning, normal meal tonight and watched a "Frost" video. Off to bed with a good book later. Quite happy and contented.

Because I don't drink (got nowt against it for other though) going out to bars etc has zero appeal to me.

It's funny really. Some people believe everyone else is having a rip-roaring time, whereas the reality, particularly in the UK with lousy weather, is that most people are bored out of their skin on Xmas Day (if they don't have young kids) and can't wait for the sales and the return of football tomorrow.

I will be more than happy tomorrow watching the cricket from Australia from my armchair.

Take care one and all and have a successful new year. clap2.gif

Great post Emilymat, except for that second last sentence.