Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

Boomerangutang opinined: "I don't know if cops didn't request a DNA sample from Nomsod. I'm assuming they did"

You assume many things that are subsequently proved to be wrong, and then continue to assume the same things...

Try less assumptions and more facts, see if things become less muddled then.

>>> option A >>> Well, if Thai officials didn't request DNA from (at the time) one of their 2 prime suspects, then they're worse than remiss in their investigation. RTP requested and apparently got DNA from Mon, who was the other prime suspect at the time, so it stands to reason, RTP would request it of the other prime suspect.

>>> option B >>> If Thai officials did request DNA from Nomsod, and he refused, then we're back to the assumption of me, the press corps, and nearly everyone else who's following this case. Plus, it shows that Nomsod is being evasive at best, and guilty/scared at worst.

Which is it, AleG, option A or option B? And don't try to use that soggy excuse that Nomsod wasn't on the island, as any reasonable person (probably even some cops) knows the alibi isn't worth a satang, and was tossed in the melee DAYS AFTER the DNA was requested from prime suspects - which was before the switch to the replacement head cop, when everything miraculously swung to focus only on the scapegoats. Since that time, early Oct, there's been no additional investigation by cops that we, the general public have heard of. In other words, as soon as the replacement cop did as he was ordered (from Bangkok), the entire investigation dug in its heels to only try to find things (some or all contrived) which might implicate the Burmese. All else was tossed in the trash can.

• Like 1

Boomerangutang opinined: "I don't know if cops didn't request a DNA sample from Nomsod. I'm assuming they did"

You assume many things that are subsequently proved to be wrong, and then continue to assume the same things...

Try less assumptions and more facts, see if things become less muddled then.

>>> option A >>> Well, if Thai officials didn't request DNA from (at the time) one of their 2 prime suspects, then they're worse than remiss in their investigation. RTP requested and apparently got DNA from Mon, who was the other prime suspect at the time, so it stands to reason, RTP would request it of the other prime suspect.

>>> option B >>> If Thai officials did request DNA from Nomsod, and he refused, then we're back to the assumption of me, the press corps, and nearly everyone else who's following this case. Plus, it shows that Nomsod is being evasive at best, and guilty/scared at worst.

Which is it, AleG, option A or option B? And don't try to use that soggy excuse that Nomsod wasn't on the island, as any reasonable person (probably even some cops) knows the alibi isn't worth a satang, and was tossed in the melee DAYS AFTER the DNA was requested from prime suspects - which was before the switch to the replacement head cop, when everything miraculously swung to focus only on the scapegoats. Since that time, early Oct, there's been no additional investigation by cops that we, the general public have heard of. In other words, as soon as the replacement cop did as he was ordered (from Bangkok), the entire investigation dug in its heels to only try to find things (some or all contrived) which might implicate the Burmese. All else was tossed in the trash can.

"Which is it, AleG, option A or option B? And don't try to use that soggy excuse that Nomsod wasn't on the island"

Nomsod wasn't on the island. :rolleyes:

You know what is a soggy excuse? Every time you or others are asked to prove otherwise the only thing you do is try to pass some speculation and opinions as proof.

"which was before the switch to the replacement head cop, when everything miraculously swung to focus only on the scapegoats"

I have already demonstrated to you that is not true, you stick to it. The only conclusion is intellectual dishonesty from your part.

You say you want the truth? You say you want justice? Start acting consequently, holding on the demonstrably false "facts" and using nothing but your opinions and speculations to make accusations has nothing to do with wanting truth and justice.

Nomsod wasn't on the island. rolleyes.gif

We expect as much from AleG. I'll let you in on a secret: Even the cops don't believe that silly amateurishly-altered alibi video. There are dozens of ways cops could find out for sure whether Nomsod fled from the island early Monday morning. Did any cops, after the replacement head cop showed up - check in to any of those many leads? Of course not, and we know the reason why. One Big Reason. If you don't know what it is, ask me.
  • Like 2

Nomsod wasn't on the island. rolleyes.gif

We expect as much from AleG. I'll let you in on a secret: Even the cops don't believe that silly amateurishly-altered alibi video. There are dozens of ways cops could find out for sure whether Nomsod fled from the island early Monday morning. Did any cops, after the replacement head cop showed up - check in to any of those many leads? Of course not, and we know the reason why. One Big Reason. If you don't know what it is, ask me.

Agreed... its a shame when some lonely people feel the need for useless conversation. Almost playground style. Still that's what caring in the community has brought about.

• Like 2

....There was a separate category for "suspects who were involved in a quarrel with the two victimized British tourists at a bar" ?

A separate category? Huh? How many people were in that category? Who was in there? The killers maybe?

That's the sort of category which RTP (and their fellow shielders and echoers on this site) don't want any mention of. There are a slew of other categories (things which should have been investigated) which the same folks don't want mentioned. The reason should be clear as crystal: Anything which may implicate the Headman's people (who should be the prime suspects) is completely off limits to the Thai investigators. Such evidence may also be off-limits to British experts, but we don't know, because even after 15 weeks, they haven't said peep publicly.

We're just the general public, after all. We're not important enough to be privy to their findings, regardless of the fact that some of us (taxpayers) pay their salaries and pay for the equipment & fuel & meals & lodging which the so-called investigators are using to supposedly investigate. I'm glad people like that aren't doing aircraft maintenance. If so, planes would be falling out of the sky, hourly.

• Like 1

....There was a separate category for "suspects who were involved in a quarrel with the two victimized British tourists at a bar" ?

A separate category? Huh? How many people were in that category? Who was in there? The killers maybe?

That's the sort of category which RTP (and their fellow shielders and echoers on this site) don't want any mention of. There are a slew of other categories (things which should have been investigated) which the same folks don't want mentioned. The reason should be clear as crystal: Anything which may implicate the Headman's people (who should be the prime suspects) is completely off limits to the Thai investigators. Such evidence may also be off-limits to British experts, but we don't know, because even after 15 weeks, they haven't said peep publicly.

We're just the general public, after all. We're not important enough to be privy to their findings, regardless of the fact that some of us (taxpayers) pay their salaries and pay for the equipment & fuel & meals & lodging which the so-called investigators are using to supposedly investigate. I'm glad people like that aren't doing aircraft maintenance. If so, planes would be falling out of the sky, hourly.

Actually it is out publicly that the police from UK did no investigation no checking evidence never took possession of any evidence.

The UK police will not share any report they compile with the Thai Police.

Ok not a lawyer or a judge but are courts setup to prove innocent or guilt? The only proof of guilt or innocents beyond a doubt is eyewitnesses or video of the act taking place. So IMO let the courts sort this out. Because no matter what you or I my believe don't matter for Squat here in the Land of Scams. case closed.

Ok not a lawyer or a judge but are courts setup to prove innocent or guilt? The only proof of guilt or innocents beyond a doubt is eyewitnesses or video of the act taking place. So IMO let the courts sort this out. Because no matter what you or I my believe don't matter for Squat here in the Land of Scams. case closed.

unfortunately it's a single judge who decides in Thailand.

Actually it is out publicly that the police from UK did no investigation no checking evidence never took possession of any evidence.

Two questions:

1. What did the UK police actually do at the expense of the British taxpayers?

2. And if they carried out zilch in respect of the case, why did the FCO issue a families' statement that inferred (after a visit by the UK police) that the RTP's case appeared to be convincing?

Makes me sad to be British - if anything happens to me here, sure as hell I'll be left to rot.

• Like 2

Posts regarding donations and replies to them have been removed in line with the forum rules.

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining. before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

Two questions:

1. What did the UK police actually do at the expense of the British taxpayers?

2. And if they carried out zilch in respect of the case, why did the FCO issue a families' statement that inferred (after a visit by the UK police) that the RTP's case appeared to be convincing?

Makes me sad to be British - if anything happens to me here, sure as hell I'll be left to rot.

Don't be sad to be British, you've still got Bovril. Seriously though, the majority of posters on this topic were guardedly hopeful when hearing the British experts were going to the island to investigate. Then, a day later, we were let down when the Thai PM made clear; the Brits could come as 'observers only.' We were further let down by Brit officialdom when we heard they didn't even do much observing. It appears they just stood around while Thai officials dished out the scenario as they wanted it played out.

As if that weren't enough, we (concerned public) had been told for months that the initial inquest by the Brits would be Jan. 6. A day or two before, we're told that NO, THE INQUEST MAY NOW BE IN OCTOBER, ....and even that date could get pushed back further into the future, depending on the whim of Brit officials. What have the British subjects (other than victims' families) or any other concerned folks got from the British officialdom thus far? Let down upon let down, ....and not a peep about anything related to the trial, except announcements of doing nothing, coupled with postponements.

• Like 1

There has been a lot of criticism of the families here. I think it is unwarranted. Who amongst us knows what it's like to have this happen to your child? Who knows what all is going on in their minds?

I'm sure the UK authorities will have told them how things work in Thailand. Behind the scenes and quietly, they will have been advised by the Foreign Office that there is really nothing much that they can do. It really is up to the Thai authorities as to how murders are treated on their soil. Their children were merely guests here.

All they can do is wait and see what happens.

"Absolutely 100% correct. I also remember the RTP statement 100 of 200 DNA tests came back negative. I am not going to Goolge it"

Why not? Are you afraid your memory may be wrong?

Not at all, my memory serves me very well, and it is even worse.......here is a statement made September 26th !!!! that 200 Samples had already come back negative............ .now do you really believe the B2 were not in this first batch of 200???!!

http://siamdailynews.com/public-relations/2014/09/26/News-in-Thailand-1357/

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/100-dna-samples-yet-tested

Many more links (try Google)

AleG just got served... Nice! clap2.gif

Please explain how that proves the claim that the DNA from the two Burmese suspects was analyzed and the results were negative.

AleG just got served... Nice!

Please explain how that proves the claim that the DNA from the two Burmese suspects was analyzed and the results were negative.
It's easy to see what issues spook the Headman's people shielders the most. One which spooked jdinasia was the furniture showing in Nomsod's alibi video, ...furniture which had been moved out, weeks earlier. One of the issues (among many) which spooks AleG is the claim by RTP that RTP tested 100 to 200 Burmese migrants, and announced all were cleared ....then a little while later, declared matches for two of the three Burmese scapegoats. To die-hard shielders, let me say this: these and other annoying issues will show their fuzzy heads in the ensuing months, because the potential evidence implicating the Headman's people won't stop (or dry up and blow away), just because you (and the RTP) desperately want it to.
  • Like 1

Some of us were under the impression that the British inquest was scheduled for Jan 6. Now we hear it was supposed to be a review, and even a review is not possible, because Thai authorities are not cooperating. It sounds like another way Thai officials can slow down and otherwise detract from an investigation. Why are Brit officials so hamstrung by Thais. Can't the Brits do anything independently? The bodies of the victims were shipped to Britain. Some of the basic things the Coroner is paid to look for (wounds, weapons used, drugs in blood) should have been done within days of receiving the bodies. DNA traces are more of a question, because it degrades quickly.

For the Coroner to withhold ALL their findings, seems to me to be a dereliction of the duties. They're not a private firm paid by victims' families. They're paid from public coffers. They're paid (and given offices and equipment) to serve the British public primarily, and secondarily to help people everywhere. Helping people, would include contributing to rid Ko Tao of murderers and rapists who are still, very likely, roaming free there. Hello Brit Coroner's Office: Do your jobs, and quit shirking your responsibilities while hiding behind the soiled skirt of legalese liquid bullcrap.

• Like 2

It's easy to see what issues spook the Headman's people shielders the most. One which spooked jdinasia was the furniture showing in Nomsod's alibi video, ...furniture which had been moved out, weeks earlier. One of the issues (among many) which spooks AleG is the claim by RTP that RTP tested 100 to 200 Burmese migrants, and announced all were cleared ....then a little while later, declared matches for two of the three Burmese scapegoats. To die-hard shielders, let me say this: these and other annoying issues will show their fuzzy heads in the ensuing months, because the potential evidence implicating the Headman's people won't stop (or dry up and blow away), just because you (and the RTP) desperately want it to.

"It's easy to see what issues spook the Headman's people shielders the most."

Every single time you repeat the same thing only shows how desperate you are to spin reality into something that makes you feel good about yourself.

You can spin all day long, what you can't do, and you know that you can't do but will not allow yourself to face, is the reality that there is not a single shred of evidence supporting the claim that the two suspects had been cleared by DNA testing before their arrest.

"It's easy to see what issues spook the Headman's people shielders the most."

Every single time you repeat the same thing only shows how desperate you are to spin reality into something that makes you feel good about yourself.

You can spin all day long, what you can't do, and you know that you can't do but will not allow yourself to face, is the reality that there is not a single shred of evidence supporting the claim that the two suspects had been cleared by DNA testing before their arrest.

It's more than likely the rtp is spinning the story. Can you explain than how the police can make a statement that no Thai could have done this, and then found the two Burmese as suspect. And was the DNA testing done by a forensic team? Or someone other than the police force.

One just don't make such a bold statement about the murder without even completing investigation. You are right too say that I have no proof and it's just pure speculation. Just as much speculation as you think the police have the right person. And that the investigation was done properly. Yea, the problem is that most people know the investigation was not done properly and that the real killer is out there still. But you being the logical person, believe that the rtp have the right person in custody. And no I am not going to wait till the trial to to find out the truth. Because that is the idea of the Thai police, to have people forget about this horrific crime so they can pin it on the two in order to protect someone high up in the island. But people like me will never allow out to happen.

Don't tell me that that the big guys in the island have high moral integrity. With so much drugs going around these full moon parties and the population so little, the police some how can't stop the drug sales. Right...credibility and reason for shielding the big guys is obviously there. Stakes are high on the island.

And I thank you for helping out bring to attention on how important this case is. Beside, without your comments, I would not have any comic relief from this serious matter.

• Like 1

It's more than likely the rtp is spinning the story. Can you explain than how the police can make a statement that no Thai could have done this, and then found the two Burmese as suspect. And was the DNA testing done by a forensic team? Or someone other than the police force.

One just don't make such a bold statement about the murder without even completing investigation. You are right too say that I have no proof and it's just pure speculation. Just as much speculation as you think the police have the right person. And that the investigation was done properly. Yea, the problem is that most people know the investigation was not done properly and that the real killer is out there still. But you being the logical person, believe that the rtp have the right person in custody. And no I am not going to wait till the trial to to find out the truth. Because that is the idea of the Thai police, to have people forget about this horrific crime so they can pin it on the two in order to protect someone high up in the island. But people like me will never allow out to happen.

Don't tell me that that the big guys in the island have high moral integrity. With so much drugs going around these full moon parties and the population so little, the police some how can't stop the drug sales. Right...credibility and reason for shielding the big guys is obviously there. Stakes are high on the island.

And I thank you for helping out bring to attention on how important this case is. Beside, without your comments, I would not have any comic relief from this serious matter.

"Can you explain than how the police can make a statement that no Thai could have done this"

Yes, I can, it comes from the same lack of intellectual rigor that made you write "the real killer is out there still"

It was a single remark, from one policeman and the insinuation that it set the course for the entire investigation is disproved by the subsequent actions of the police, that did, in fact, target Thais during the investigation.

In short, using that comment as evidence of a cover-up is clutching at straws.

"But you being the logical person, believe that the rtp have the right person in custody."

Well, you got half of it right, I believe preponderance of the evidence presented at the trial is what is going to determine guilt or not.

"And no I am not going to wait till the trial to to find out the truth."

The evidence against the suspects is going to be presented during the trial, you don't want to see the evidence before deciding what the truth is should be. That's the basis of dogma, not truth.

• Like 1