Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

IslandLover, on 08 Feb 2015 - 03:28, said:
greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:
IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:

Sorry GC, I was not clear. Hannah is last seen at around 2:00 am and David at around 3:00 am.

Well, by chance I also only have a pic of David at 2am.

Do you have a pic of him at 3 am

It's all available on CCTV footage. I can no longer remember the exact times. Sky News had some pretty good videos. Try Google and YouTube.

Sorry, the last known CCTV footage of David Miller that I can find which has been released to the press shows a timestamp of 1:57 am. So, if the murders took place between 4:30 am and 5:00 am, what were Hannah and David doing in the intervening hours? I suppose we will have to wait for the trial to find out - if we ever do.

It was in the press that their friends said they left the bar/club around 3am I think.

IslandLover, on 08 Feb 2015 - 03:28, said:

greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:greenchair, on 08 Feb 2015 - 00:40, said:

IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:IslandLover, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:44, said:

Sorry GC, I was not clear. Hannah is last seen at around 2:00 am and David at around 3:00 am.

Well, by chance I also only have a pic of David at 2am.
Do you have a pic of him at 3 am

It's all available on CCTV footage. I can no longer remember the exact times. Sky News had some pretty good videos. Try Google and YouTube.

Sorry, the last known CCTV footage of David Miller that I can find which has been released to the press shows a timestamp of 1:57 am. So, if the murders took place between 4:30 am and 5:00 am, what were Hannah and David doing in the intervening hours? I suppose we will have to wait for the trial to find out - if we ever do.

It was in the press that their friends said they left the bar/club around 3am I think.

You really can't go 100%by the papers or police reports. Because they often conflict.
I only believe in the time stamped video. And the pictures that are available. Every now and then someone throws in a pic that I have not seen. So I keep a look out for that. ????

You really can't go 100%by the papers or police reports. Because they often conflict.

I only believe in the time stamped video. And the pictures that are available. Every now and then someone throws in a pic that I have not seen. So I keep a look out for that. ????

The crime likely took place between 4:30 and 5 am. So, if H and D left around 3 pm (I suspect it was later than that), then at least Hannah may have hung out at the campfire for up to 1.5 hours. It's been mentioned that after David left the bar, he went solo to his g.h. room. Video and/or first-hand accounts of what interactions happened at the bar, would be helpful, but we can't expect any assistance from the bar or its management, because it's likely any such accounts would implicate the Headman's people. If Hannah (and David?) hung out at the campfire for such a long time, there would likely have been some people there who could attest to what went on. What have the Burmese said about the scene at the campfire? few people? many people? Who, in particular?

The crime likely took place between 4:30 and 5 am. So, if H and D left around 3 pm (I suspect it was later than that), then at least Hannah may have hung out at the campfire for up to 1.5 hours. It's been mentioned that after David left the bar, he went solo to his g.h. room. Video and/or first-hand accounts of what interactions happened at the bar, would be helpful, but we can't expect any assistance from the bar or its management, because it's likely any such accounts would implicate the Headman's people. If Hannah (and David?) hung out at the campfire for such a long time, there would likely have been some people there who could attest to what went on. What have the Burmese said about the scene at the campfire? few people? many people? Who, in particular?

I just don't think Hannah would hang out at the beach, with a bunch of guys alone without her friend. I suspect either

1.she was walking to her room and followed.

2.she accidently got separated from her friends. Like maybe something happened in the toilets or something at the bar. Maybe her friends thought she was gone already, when in fact she was being held somewhere at the bar.

3.someone took her from her room.

There is no footage of her going back to the bar and there is no footage of her leaving the bar a second time.

There is a second entrance to the beach, that has no video.

We know that because running man is seen going but not coming back and coming back but not seen going. He must have been using another entrance.

Could it be hannah was incapacitated in the bar. Then taken to the beach by the entrance with no cctv.

That was an interesting read, but it is just hear say. There were a couple of conflicting times in the report too.

I still firmly believe, hannah was on her own and attacked. Then David stumbled on to it.

That was an interesting read, but it is just hear say. There were a couple of conflicting times in the report too.

I still firmly believe, hannah was on her own and attacked. Then David stumbled on to it.

Here are the relevant parts from the Daily mail article regarding times

At 7.47pm David and his friend Chris Ware were filmed walking towards the bar. They were then recorded at 12.55am leaving, stopping in a convenience store for a toasted sandwich, before walking back to their bungalow.

In a police interview Mr Ware told officers that David then told him he was going out to get some cigarettes but another friend revealed he went instead to nightclub AC to meet up with Hannah and her friend (her friend is named but I have omitted )

At 1.26am he is recorded walking from the club, and returns at 1.57am. That is the last time he is seen on camera.

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am. Their bodies were found at 6am

What can be ascertained is that David and Hannah did not slip away from a beach party at 1am , it does not fit with statements and cctv

The times fit in nicely with the Man Utd game, (22:00 to Midnight),

Was David a smoker ?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3RLUleRio

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I just don't think Hannah would hang out at the beach, with a bunch of guys alone without her friend. I suspect either

2.she accidently got separated from her friends. Like maybe something happened in the toilets or something at the bar. Maybe her friends thought she was gone already, when in fact she was being held somewhere at the bar.

There is no footage of her going back to the bar and there is no footage of her leaving the bar a second time.

We know that because running man is seen going but not coming back and coming back but not seen going. He must have been using another entrance.

Could it be hannah was incapacitated in the bar. Then taken to the beach by the entrance with no cctv.

I think what is missing is: 'what motivates guys.' Particularly guys-on-the-prowl who are used to (and often successful at) seducing cute young farang gals near those beach-side bars - and taking them to a nearby group of rocks at the beach to make-out - leading (often) to getting to a sex in a room. It's common in every beach resort worldwide. However, it's rare when a girl gets killed for not playing along. To become so enraged, the perp(s) must have been very offended and were probably showing off in front of their buddies. A guy will get more offended when his buddies are witnessing, than if there's no one nearby to see/hear it.

Taking that in to account (how one or more men are hoping to score some sex (with a beautiful young blond chick) - and also, it's late at night, everyone is sauced, Hannah is possibly stoned on a date-rape drug..... I think she was cajoled, probably by the cutest/youngest of the perps (Nomsod) in to leaving the campfire (or the club) and going with him to the special part of the beach with the standing rocks. She may have been a little bit game for it (particularly if drugged), but likely started resisting, even before they got to the standing rocks.

That's why it's important for investigators to establish precedence and histories of what often transpires there. Did some of the regulars at the bar(s) have a history of taking girls down to that spot? Who were they? How have their advances been handled? Complaints, hitting, rapes? We've heard zero from cops, and we've come to expect as much - because it would detract from the frame-up scenario.

balo, on 10 Feb 2015 - 04:49, said:balo, on 10 Feb 2015 - 04:49, said:
loonodingle, on 09 Feb 2015 - 09:23, said:loonodingle, on 09 Feb 2015 - 09:23, said:
balo, on 09 Feb 2015 - 08:39, said:balo, on 09 Feb 2015 - 08:39, said:
berybert, on 08 Feb 2015 - 18:20, said:berybert, on 08 Feb 2015 - 18:20, said:

This is what I would consider blonde. attachicon.gifblondy.jpg

Scruffy blonde if you are a trend setter.

When it was reported that they found traces of blond hair , here in Thailand it can mean anything from brown/ blond to completely blond. I see a lot of younger thais color or "decorate" their hair with a bit of blond stripes,

Exactly and the Thais refer to all that as blonde. Hence why it was mention he had had blonde hair. However GC has shown that on the night he didn't.

Cctv images are not clear enough to show the hair , it looks dark enough, still it could be color in it.

I believe it is implied (he was never officially named as far as I know) that the person who is said to have died his hair from "blond" to black is Win (Wei Phyo). He does have lighter coloured streaks in his hair in old photos. However the CCTV footage of him and Zaw in the convenience store on the night of the murders (which is the clearest image we have, being in colour) clearly shows he has jet black hair.

Edited by IslandLover

Who is to say Hannah didn't meet with Sean McAnna on the beach? He was a guitar player and she liked the guitar. What does Sean McAnna know about this case? A lot I think . Hence his pleading how he wasn't there. Why else mention it?? People who concoct elaborate stories do it to hide something. Any decent investigator will tell you that.

• Like 1

rockingrobin, on 10 Feb 2015 - 14:06, said:rockingrobin, on 10 Feb 2015 - 14:06, said:

Here are the relevant parts from the Daily mail article regarding times

At 7.47pm David and his friend Chris Ware were filmed walking towards the bar. They were then recorded at 12.55am leaving, stopping in a convenience store for a toasted sandwich, before walking back to their bungalow.

In a police interview Mr Ware told officers that David then told him he was going out to get some cigarettes but another friend revealed he went instead to nightclub AC to meet up with Hannah and her friend (her friend is named but I have omitted )

At 1.26am he is recorded walking from the club, and returns at 1.57am. That is the last time he is seen on camera.

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am. Their bodies were found at 6am

What can be ascertained is that David and Hannah did not slip away from a beach party at 1am , it does not fit with statements and cctv

Was David a smoker ?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3RLUleRio

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Was David a smoker ?

From what I understand from the Daily Mail article, the two groups left Choppers bar at around 1:00 am. It has been reported elsewhere that they were all watching the Man United game (Chris Ware is a supporter, I believe) at Choppers bar. Yes, David was a smoker but I can find no evidence that Hannah was.

The Daily Mail article also dispels the myth regarding the stained trousers (i.e. long pants) allegedly found in Miller's luggage, whereby witnesses had said Chris Ware was seen wearing them on the night of the murders. He wasn't. He was wearing khaki-coloured shorts. In one of the CCTV stills there is a clear image of him walking just ahead of David Miller.

There are inconsistent stories from many of the suspects. All except for weither and Zaw.

Sean:the cut was from a bike accident.

Sean:the cut was from a bar fight.

Muang:the boys told me the guitar was at ac bar. I went to get it.

Boys : the guitar was stolen with our clothes at the beach.

Nomsod :I was at university doing a test.

Cctv footage tampered with.

Not according to girlfriend.

The test is at 9am.nomsod in video 10am still not at uni.

Mon : the running man is me. The worker woke me up, so I ran down to see.

The first sighting of him is 3.44. 1 hour before the supposed discovery.

Out of all of this. Mon has been the quietest. He has never denied that it was himself in the video. Neither have the police.

• Like 2

There are inconsistent stories from many of the suspects. All except for weither and Zaw.

Sean:the cut was from a bike accident.

Sean:the cut was from a bar fight.

Muang:the boys told me the guitar was at ac bar. I went to get it.

Boys : the guitar was stolen with our clothes at the beach.

Nomsod :I was at university doing a test.

Cctv footage tampered with.

Not according to girlfriend.

The test is at 9am.nomsod in video 10am still not at uni.

Mon : the running man is me. The worker woke me up, so I ran down to see.

The first sighting of him is 3.44. 1 hour before the supposed discovery.

Out of all of this. Mon has been the quietest. He has never denied that it was himself in the video. Neither have the police.

You're right, and those items listed above are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. It's possible Thai officials have been purposefully screwing-up the whole investigation, in order to produce a giant miasma of a gordian knot. Just a small portion of the dozens of examples:

>>> claiming, initially that the bearded farang and small brown-skinned Asian lady (in CCTV) were Hannah and David.

>>> claiming the hoe was used to stab David

>>> allowing Mon to prance all over the crime scene

>>> accepting the contrived alibi CCTV for Nomsod, as valid, without a 2nd thought or analysis.

>>> allowing bar owners to withhold or destroy evidence (CCTV and who-knows-what-else)

>>> disregarding phone histories/records

>>> not pursuing leads pointing to several other men (who should be prime suspects) who are connected to the Headman

>>> having no concern about scenarios at the bars

>>> having zero concern for histories of those who should be prime suspects.

>>> not giving Nomsod's DNA findings to Brits. Same of anyone elses' DNA, probably.

>>> not taking DNA from Mon's cop friend or any of the others who should be prime suspects.

>>> not taking a close look at CCTV.

>>> not thoroughly inspecting clothes at the crime scene

If true (that Thai officials and Mon are trying to obfuscate possible clues as much as possible), then they're doing an exemplary job of it. They should write the manual: 'How To Screw Up a Crime Investigation'

• Like 1

1. They were seen together at a guesthouse in Phuket.

2. They stayed in adjacent rooms (with their respective friends) on Koh Tao a few days later.

Then how do you explain the fact that David Miller and Chris Ware were in Koh Phangan before travelling to Koh Tao? There are pictures of them at the full moon party.

If David had been involved with Hannah as much as you say, then I don't think David Miller's girlfriend would have stayed so loyal to him - which is evident from her facebook posts since the murders.

In a police interview Mr Ware told officers that David then told him he was going out to get some cigarettes but another friend revealed he went instead to nightclub AC to meet up with Hannah and her friend Emma Madeline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3RLUleRio

Hiding it from Chris so Chris couldn't give him away to his girlfriend when they got home to England a few days later?

I don't know what their itinerary was, but they could have gone Phuket-Pha Ngan-Tao in a week no problem.

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am.

http://sheffieldinnews.com/did-thai-murder-victims-argue-with-island-gangster-before-they-were-brutally-killed-locals-claim-no-one-will-speak-out-because-they-are-too-scared/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html

One of Hannah's housemates, Lucy Dunkley, 25, said yesterday: "The girls who she was out there with said David was just lovely and obviously really smitten with Hannah."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Thai+cops%3A+We%27re+close+to+snaring+beach+killer.-a0383598832

It all seems pretty obvious to me even without counting my friend's eye witness report.

I think what is missing is: 'what motivates guys.' Particularly guys-on-the-prowl who are used to (and often successful at) seducing cute young farang gals near those beach-side bars - and taking them to a nearby group of rocks at the beach to make-out - leading (often) to getting to a sex in a room. It's common in every beach resort worldwide. However, it's rare when a girl gets killed for not playing along. To become so enraged, the perp(s) must have been very offended and were probably showing off in front of their buddies. A guy will get more offended when his buddies are witnessing, than if there's no one nearby to see/hear it.

Taking that in to account (how one or more men are hoping to score some sex (with a beautiful young blond chick) - and also, it's late at night, everyone is sauced, Hannah is possibly stoned on a date-rape drug..... I think she was cajoled, probably by the cutest/youngest of the perps (Nomsod) in to leaving the campfire (or the club) and going with him to the special part of the beach with the standing rocks. She may have been a little bit game for it (particularly if drugged), but likely started resisting, even before they got to the standing rocks.

That's why it's important for investigators to establish precedence and histories of what often transpires there. Did some of the regulars at the bar(s) have a history of taking girls down to that spot? Who were they? How have their advances been handled? Complaints, hitting, rapes? We've heard zero from cops, and we've come to expect as much - because it would detract from the frame-up scenario.

I remember reading a report that two girls were mugged and robbed on the same beach the night before. If factual, it could be very material as to what transpired the following night.

Boom, I think the simplest scenario is more probable. On the assumption that David/Hannah were walking back to their guesthouse along the beach, several Thai guys out looking for trouble happened upon them. Maybe one made a comment that Hannah objected to, whereupon she was assaulted. David went to her rescue, but was attacked and stabbed with the finger knives, left to drown as the gang set upon Hannah.

My apologies for being less than sensitive, however it is obvious to everyone that this was a brutal murder.

I really get upset, people saying hannah slipped behind the rocks. Hannah did not consent to anything that went on that night. She was not drunk at all. All reports show her to be a sensible young lady. She is the victim, and shared absolutely no blame for what went on that night. ??

The Problem everyone has here is the Families are less than interested.

The UK police have done nothing in the UK and no investigations in Thailand.

Everyone has just pushed it to one side.

Further despite what you may presume what has been leaked or shown most of it is to justify the suggestion that the 2 Young Men carried out the crime. Its just propaganda.

The defence are not releasing what they have so as to stop people trying counter it.

I am of the conclusion that little will be achieved by our presumptions.

• Like 2

The Problem everyone has here is the Families are less than interested.

The UK police have done nothing in the UK and no investigations in Thailand.

Everyone has just pushed it to one side.

Further despite what you may presume what has been leaked or shown most of it is to justify the suggestion that the 2 Young Men carried out the crime. Its just propaganda.

The defence are not releasing what they have so as to stop people trying counter it.

I am of the conclusion that little will be achieved by our presumptions.

I agree with all you mentioned, but feel compelled to respond to the last sentence. It may be true, but then again, there are dozens, perhaps hundreds of concerned folks pointing things out. It's somewhat like a large committee. Most suggestions may get thrown out, yet some may stimulate further review. We already know the direction Thai officialdom is going, so all we can expect from them is more of the same: slamming down anything/everything which might implicate any of the Headman's people (or anyone Thai). However, there is the defense team. Perhaps they're miles ahead of us, perhaps not.

Once in awhile, we (the general public) get a glimpse of what the prosecution or defense or the Brits (or even the judge) might be thinking. For example, when the 2 Burmese went before the judge for arraignment, or when the prosecution staged (along with the Headman and Nomsod's lawyer) the DNA testing of Nomsod. Even those little glimpses are sometimes enough to see that the prosecution and/or the defense are barking up the wrong tree. We got another big dose of that when Thai authorities paraded the B2 in front of the public, and then manipulated them in the farcical 'reenactment.' This summer's shenanigans should be interesting, particularly to those of us who have been following close. Too bad the Burmese have to stay locked up for at least a year, in order for the farce to play out - while Nomsod and Mon can prance around like gazelles in a field of flowers.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

Thai officialdom is afraid to make any more mention of the crime - probably because they're stuck their feet in their mouths so often already. They're hoping it will quickly fade from the public's reference. It's gotten to where, no matter what they were to claim, regarding the crime or suspects, the public won't believe them. Sorry state of affairs, when a country's entire police force is put under a black cloud - due to the actions of a few higher-ups.

One thing they had Burmese witnesses who said the 2 young men gave them David's phone. Well who is to say they hadn't been paid to say that. It's already known they offered money to the taxi driver. Also the 3rd person was released as long as he gave evidence?

I dont recall the burmese witnesses claiming it was Davids Phone, however I do have an account where they say a phone was given to them by the 2 accused but where suspicious of its origin.

Does anybody still have the links to the confessions statements including contents