I wish I could "thumbs down" TV entries along with "like"

KhnomKhnom

I find too many tv responses to be vile and would like to attach a Thumbs Down. Also, if I genuinely believe tv response is dead wrong or misleading in a dangerous way, I would like the vote against it.

I do not wish anyone banned, but I would like to express a small objection to some entries.

Do you wish the same ?

• Like 1

They used to have something similar on TV a few years ago and Jingthing fronted a big campaign to get rid of it. Once he is poster of the year, I don't think that he will allow it to return. He is right about certain cliques purposely attacking posters that they don't like or with opinions they don't like en masse with "dislikes" though.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I'm a long standing member on a completely unrelated forum to this one.

In a recent s/w upgrade a "dislike" option was included....wasn't a good move as it just caused alot of discontent.

The site owner removed it.

But the OP's point is very valid & although I don't post that much, I come on here everyday & get fed up sometimes by the immature attitude of some members.

Never mind. smile.png

• Like 2

They used to have something similar on TV a few years ago and Jingthing fronted a big campaign to get rid of it. Once he is poster of the year, I don't think that he will allow it to return. He is right about certain cliques purposely attacking posters that they don't like or with opinions they don't like en masse with "dislikes" though.

To add some truthiness, I did indeed make some noise to complain about the negative impact of that tool, but whether to keep it or not has nothing to do with me. I was just lucky the management agreed with my opinion in that particular case. I have no special rights here ... on thin ice like every other regular member (or more so).

Well, think of it this way perhaps.

There is like inflation going on here.

I do it myself.

I am a like giving slut.

I often run out of my daily like quotas.

So by NOT giving a post a like, that is a softer version of dislike.

Innit?

I met a girl in a bar that was a giving slut.

She gave it to everyone and anyone that passed through.

I hope you are not like that sir.

I wouldn't want to vote for someone like that.

Edited by snottgoblin

At present the 'like' option indicates the user name of the 'liker'. What about a like and dislike option that simply records the number of such 'likes' or otherwise? Most newspapers with comment functions have this option. Of course if one particularly 'likes' or violently disagrees with a post then a direct reply indicating your user name is always available.

At present the 'like' option indicates the user name of the 'liker'. What about a like and dislike option that simply records the number of such 'likes' or otherwise? Most newspapers with comment functions have this option. Of course if one particularly 'likes' or violently disagrees with a post then a direct reply indicating your user name is always available.

The system worked before like a contest. Dislikes would debit from your likes. Not sure what the current software supports or doesn't support.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think most of the posters that clutter the place up with unpleasant opinions or crude attempts at humour are thick-skinned enough to ignore such a feature, rendering it somewhat pointless.

It didn't work well before. End of.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I do it myself.

I am a like giving slut.

Innit?

Not really JT, if I read a post which I really like, I press the 'like' button, then maybe one or two posts further down which are very similar, I usually do not press the 'like' button, that is because I have already 'liked' it.

What is the point of giving 'likes' to all the similar opinions in that thread? We all know how easy it is to run out of 'likes'.

I do it myself.

I am a like giving slut.

Innit?

Not really JT, if I read a post which I really like, I press the 'like' button, then maybe one or two posts further down which are very similar, I usually do not press the 'like' button, that is because I have already 'liked' it.

What is the point of giving 'likes' to all the similar opinions in that thread? We all know how easy it is to run out of 'likes'.

Yeah, well, I was being flippant. I think the forum is better off without a dislike function so that's pretty much it.