Can you recommend a coastal location with a good International school?

We currently live in the sticks and want to move to a coastal location next year. The mother in law is not happy but I can't live the rest of my life trying to please her. I feel that I need space from the wifes family and thus want to move away to a beach location.

Can you recommend a coastal location anywhere in Thailand that has good schools? Pats is out of the question but any other coastal location is fine. I appreciate your help.

cheers

• 2 years later...

I think you might be stuck with Ban Chang and Garden International School Rayong.

Chumpon has Theodore International School

Phichai Rattanakhan school in Ranong has an International Programme.

On 12/28/2014 at 10:09 AM, N47HAN said:

Without doubt has to be Phuket.

Some of the best international schools in Thailand.

Be prepared to pay though 1 to 2 million per year per student.

How does it end up at 1 - 2 million per student if the max annual fees (for the 16 / 17 year olds) are around 700k?

I'm just interested in what I'm missing - I know there are excursions etc, but surely this doesn't add up to an extra 1.3 million per year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Im interested in this thread still. Does anyone have any other opinions?

There is Hua Hin International School which is relatively new and appears to have good facilities and an experienced team behind it - we're going to check it out soon.

Otherwise I think it's limited to Pattaya (or close by), Phuket and Samui.

On 28/12/2014 at 8:32 AM, ubonr1971 said:

Can you recommend a coastal location anywhere in Thailand that has good schools? Pats is out of the question but any other coastal location is fine.

Many people live near Pattaya without ever going to the touristy down-town areas. They appreciate the dry climate, the proximity to Bangkok and BKK airport and, of course, the large number of farang-orientated shops and restaurants. Those with children seem to like the schools.

I dont think that it is wise to exclude the town from your consideration.

Edited by KittenKong

Phuket has three top international schools and several other almost as good. These are all non-residential so only lunch at school, included in fees. The fees typically escalate a bit going from 1st to 12th grade levels. Currently the cost for 10th grade ranges from 320k baht/year to almost 500k baht/y. There are additional fees adding about 50k baht/y. The schools are very popular and have entrance exam requirements, and all have a one-time capital "investment" of over 100k. All those costs are per student, no discounts for multiple students. Best to come look and talk, they are generally quite welcoming.