Road trip to Pattaya.

NoshowJones

From Seacon Square (which should be on your left), you just keep going on Srinakarin until you literally hit Sukhumvit - you can't miss it as it's a T-junction and you have to turn left. I would definitely recommend this as opposed to going down Sukhumvit from soi 23.

I'm not sure how bad the road is from this Srinakarin / Sukhumvit junction onwards. Dave_Boo gave a good detour via Theparak but I think that might be defeating your purpose of riding Sukhumvit road and it's also a bit more complicated as you can see from the map.

When is your planned ride dates?

Trust me, the road is bad. I wouldn't tell anyone (well except for maybe ll2 tongue.png) to go that way.

The detour I suggested is dead simple. Turn left on Therpharak and keep going until it t-bones into [3117]. Turn right and go down until it t-bones into Sukhumvit [3]. Turn left and follow that down to Pattaya.

dave i pass from that route many times recently and it was never bad. just one short construction side which is never as congested as bang na trat road and that is it. and if it is not rush hour really traffic flows nicely and it is wide enough never like truck and lorry congested bang na trat as you cannot even find a hole to pass with your bike and eat the smoke from the trucks plus dangerous with blind points between those trucks. it is horrible imo and traffic does not flow especially in front of those huge malls.

but while returning from pattaya bang na trat road is not bad and always return from there.

Yes, but no other way to rejoin Sukhumvit unless taking Thanon On Nut / Lat Krabang all the way to Chacheongsao / Bang Pakong and then turning south. Mind you, lots of construction going on in CCS as well, as I discovered last week on my ride to Aranyaprathet.

We were down that way on the 21st. Skirted CCS so it wasn't too bad.

However, you can exit Sukhumvit onto On Nut, go down to Srinarkarin [3344], follow that to Thepharak [3268] and stay on there until it t-bones into Bang Bo-Khlong Dan Road [3117]. That will take you right down to Sukhumvit. Not too shabby of a route.

I think that's the one I will be taking.

When you ride along the 3344 to Thepharak (3268) do you turn left or right there? I cannot see 3268 on the Bing map.

Don't use Bing maps mate, their maps are either outdated or just missing some roads, use Google maps.

It seems your right about Bing maps, but Google maps use too much Thai when giving directions, that's why I changed to Bing.