PM to launch 'Discover Thainess' campaign

webfact

Well, it took me a day to recall the Quintessence of Thainess... and for me, it's:

Say "Yes" and do "No"

As with all issues of Thainess, "practicality" is first and foremost...

and I've learned a lot of "practicality" while living here, to the degree that I have no qualms in performing this act myself, now, that is... Saying "Yes." and doing "No."

...and not even thinking twice about it, anymore.

Not saying it's "right" per se, but it DOES make living here easier...

Thainess is quite clear for Thai teachers. It is about teaching about morals, environmental issues(particularly the King's Self Sufficiency project), how to think critically, commitment to work etc The current Junta has implemented a whole new subject, to be taught at all school, of which Thainess is a part.

Currently, Thainess is lacking in Thai society, and most of the country want it back - hence the new school subject and of course the 12 core values that students hear daily.

And you think critical thinking will be a part of that teaching?

It is. I can provide a link if you wish and can read Thai? Actually look at one of my previous posts on this thread.

There is a new generation of Thais coming.

right, reciting 12 core values daily without questions is the core of learning critical thinking.

• Like 1

Well, it took me a day to recall the Quintessence of Thainess... and for me, it's:

Say "Yes" and do "No"

and I've learned a lot of "practicality" while living here, to the degree that I have no qualms in performing this act myself, now, that is... Saying "Yes." and doing "No."

Thainess is quite clear for Thai teachers. It is about teaching about morals, environmental issues(particularly the King's Self Sufficiency project), how to think critically, commitment to work etc The current Junta has implemented a whole new subject, to be taught at all school, of which Thainess is a part.

Currently, Thainess is lacking in Thai society, and most of the country want it back - hence the new school subject and of course the 12 core values that students hear daily.

It is. I can provide a link if you wish and can read Thai? Actually look at one of my previous posts on this thread.

Oh I've read it and all I can say is good luck. The question is not if it's in the teaching curriculum but if they actually going to teach it. Haven't seen it so far.

But you can go on hoping buddy :)

Edited by maxme

Say "Yes" and do "No"

right, reciting 12 core values daily without questions is the core of learning critical thinking.

My children question it. You mentioned Sanook.com before - many criticize it there. My kids tell me the words all the kids substitute for the National Anthem - they all know them.

A revolution is imminent. You don't give youngsters the credit they deserve.

Oh I've read it and all I can say is good luck. The question is not if it's in the teaching curriculum but if they actually going to teach it. Haven't seen it so far.

But you can go on hoping buddy smile.png

The old fuddy duddies are retiring. Young teachers are different. There are increasingly less oldies with the Chinese philosophy of keeping the kids stupid.

Too many oldies here moaning and doing nothing to help the revolution.

But you can go on hoping buddy smile.png

The old fuddy duddies are retiring. Young teachers are different. There are increasingly less oldies with the Chinese philosophy of keeping the kids stupid.

Too many oldies here moaning and doing nothing to help the revolution.

No they have to follow certain codes as well, please do remember they still have 'poo yao' culture here but as I said you can always hope.

Say "Yes" and do "No"

My children question it. You mentioned Sanook.com before - many criticize it there. My kids tell me the words all the kids substitute for the National Anthem - they all know them.

on the contrary, I know young educated (doesn't mean rich) Thai question rules, but that thinking is not coming from teachers or society within Thailand, is not coming from Thainess. It's coming from social media and non-Thai way of thinking, the anti-Thainess way and sure as hell the govt doesn't like it. Therefore the need to forcing 12 Thai(ness) value down children throats so they grow up already brainwashed, or so the elite hope.

Thainess is when male Thais go hunting tourists in packs of at least 10 and the Thai bar ladies objective is to snare a Falang and get all his money from him then he can jump from his balcony, without any assistance.

Might I suggest you have been in Thailand too long? Either that, or you are severely constipated? Either way, sounds like you are in need of some fresh perspective. Hope 2015 offers you some. The Thais are some of the kindest, pleasant, patient, and most fun people I have ever been around. Many of us really love it here, and have had the good fortune to meet some amazing local people.

"Many of us really love it here"

Judging by topic replies I'd say not so many.

Many of us really do love it here. That does not mean we do not have complaints or issues. The quality of my life here is very high. Do I have some issues with the place? Of course. Do I want to leave? Definitely not. Am I fulfilled here? Yes. Do I like the Thai people? Very much. Hope that answers your cynical mind.

on the contrary, I know young educated (doesn't mean rich) Thai question rules, but that thinking is not coming from teachers or society within Thailand, is not coming from Thainess. It's coming from social media and non-Thai way of thinking, the anti-Thainess way and sure as hell the govt doesn't like it. Therefore the need to forcing 12 Thai(ness) value down children throats so they grow up already brainwashed, or so the elite hope.

mmm, I think I agree with some of what you say, but I haven't had my coffee yet. Or maybe it was my hour of Buddhist meditation this morning.

What are the things in Thainess you think shouldn't be taught?

Edited by Neeranam

Thainess is when male Thais go hunting tourists in packs of at least 10 and the Thai bar ladies objective is to snare a Falang and get all his money from him then he can jump from his balcony, without any assistance.

Might I suggest you have been in Thailand too long? Either that, or you are severely constipated? Either way, sounds like you are in need of some fresh perspective. Hope 2015 offers you some. The Thais are some of the kindest, pleasant, patient, and most fun people I have ever been around. Many of us really love it here, and have had the good fortune to meet some amazing local people.

Many of us really do love it here. That does not mean we do not have complaints or issues. The quality of my life here is very high. Do I have some issues with the place? Of course. Do I want to leave? Definitely not. Am I fulfilled here? Yes. Do I like the Thai people? Very much. Hope that answers your cynical mind.

I had no doubts you like it here I did not try to debate that but you cannot say "many" unless you show a poll or some kind of evidence, because the majority of posters here are very critical. Maybe they are indeed happy but neither you nor I have evidence of it.

There is this trend in Thailand to claim to be speaking on behalf of majorities that never elected that particular speaker to represent them.

Edited by Nakajima

I had no doubts you like it here I did not try to debate that but you cannot say "many" unless you show a poll or some kind of evidence, because the majority of posters here are very critical. Maybe they are indeed happy but neither you nor I have evidence of it.

There is this trend in Thailand to claim to be speaking on behalf of majorities that never elected that particular speaker to represent them.

You have a good point, and should have said many of my friends, and people I know here.

mmm, I think I agree with some of what you say, but I haven't had my coffee yet. Or maybe it was my hour of Buddhist meditation this morning.

What are the things in Thainess you think shouldn't be taught?

anything can be taught as long as people can choose and have access to any information. Right now young Thai are forced into a system made for them and have no say about it.

One think I believe it should be made very clear is the need to take things seriously, especially on the job and all matters required to advance society and progress, such as law enforcement and equality.

We cannot longer afford "mai pen rai" attitude, at least the young people that have all their life to live and will have to compete in an increasingly globalized world.

If the elders want to rest that's fine, but don't let them forcing outdated traditions and cultural traits on a society that need to finally enter modern times.

In other words: let Thailand be like any other country and stop protecting it against changes.

Then if one feel frustrated about changes he can always hold a sign in front of some shopping center to express his feelings.

• Like 2

Dingdong to launch 'Discover Thainee' campaign............

The Hub Of Laughter biggrin.png

Krung Thep: -- Prime Minister Dagobert Duck is set to kick off the "Discover Thainee" national tourism campaign, aimed at boosting arrivals by 13999 per cent, after authorities said visitors would drop by 8 per cent this year.

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TA-TA) Governor Somchai Naam Prick said last week that the premier had confirmed he would preside over the launch of the tourism campaign and the Thailand Tourism Festival at Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza, which will run from January 14-18. TA-TA would hold a press conference for the event on January 32nd at PIngPongland, eventuality with a Live show. It's not confirmed if Thainee will attend as she's too busy producing her new reproducing movie.

I have to apologize as I had to "Google" what Thainee actually means, ( I'm a non native English speekaa) Seems that they're using their last joker now.-thumbsup.gif

post-158336-0-56372300-1420706218_thumb.

post-158336-0-56694200-1420706240_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

• 3 weeks later...

Reading the posts up to now, I do believe that the racists in this country are NOT the Thais but the farangs posting this kind of rubbish.

Keep it up members, you are showing your real selves.

We all know, that you have sold your soul!!

Keep up the good work!! Prayuth is very proud of you!!

Ha ha ha - yes Costas is a member of the cabinet. Shame on Greece, Costas