Chinese tourists really cut in front of Thai at check-in, Lion Air staff say

webfact

The Han Chinese are showing the same attitude towards all other people, as the Thais show towards non-Thais, and the Thais are obfuscated about it, good joke... Maybe the Thais should be told to be 'tha yen yen' about it, like we farangs are strongly advised to when we get irritated by Thais doing the same to us...

P.S. 1: the Thais should learn fast to accept the dominance of the Han Chinese visitors over them, even on Thai soil, as it seems they will see growing scores of them rolling over the country in a near future, thanks to...

P.S. 2: in some other countries I know, the Police 'explains better', with sharp long sticks..., behave as cattle, be treated as cattle...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chinese pushing in front of Thais,i thought Thais

were champions at that,I remember bank queues

before they started to use ropes and Q numbers,

it was like a rugby scrum with lots more players.

Regards worgeordie

Thais still champions at that!

The Chinese will eventually catch on. Koreans used to do this a lot when outside of their country. So, too, will the Chinese eventually learn to be a little more cosmopolitan and polite. Until then, enjoy the shows they put on.

Quite so, this is learned behaviour dating from the days preceding the Deng Xiao Ping reforms - days of scarcity of almost all resources. In modern China you see it mostly in third- or fourth-tier cities, and in the countryside - particularly among people in middle- or late-middle age.

While characteristic of some Chinese for these reasons, given the right circumstances you would see exactly the same behaviour in anyone else, of whatever race.

• Like 1

LOL, this is typical behaviour.

I spent a lot of time in China up on the east coast finding factory's to make products and was taken aback by their rude and disgusting behaviour.

in the my first few days arriving I was sitting in a Bank of China Branch changing money and the Guy behind me was clearing his throat and expelling great lumps of phlegm onto the floor. Disgusting

but as I found over a few weeks common. The queue barging was terrible. they just walk to the front totally ignoring you. I had to tell many to F cough..... I could go on and on for ages describing many many instances of rude and disgusting behaviour.

Certainly not like Thailand at all.

• Like 2

Now they think they own the world and can get away with all their BS behaviour

Actually I think they do own the world already. Reminds me of the North American Indians trading vast tracts of land for shiny beads.

The western world has sold it's soul for cheaply made, mostly copied, Chinese consumer goods.

If the Chinese unleash their buying power all at once they could buy up every piece of prime real estate, and every large corporation in the world.

Doesn't mean that they are in the slightest way sophisticated though. Just looks like western consumers are far dumber than they were originally thought to be.

• Like 2

Some of my funniest moments have been watching Chinese queuing for trains and buses in rural China

Some of my funniest moments have been watching Chinese people trying to get in and pushing out of over-crowded elevators. It's like two frenzied flocks of lemmings (judging from the squeaking noises they make) assaulting one another.

And some of my scariest moments have been examining the state of restaurant tables (and the floors underneath) after Chinese diners had left.

Edited by Misterwhisper

I'm sure most Chinese tourists are very respectable and behave well. But, recently, there have been a worrying number of 'incidents' involving Chinese people. I think China needs to address it.

You should try living in China as I have and I'm guessing you'ed change your opinion.

Surely this is about Chinese tourists outside of China so having experience of the Chinese in China isn't strictly relevant and doesn't alter the facts relating to Chinese tourists in Thailand.

There do seem to be a lot of posters on here who want to bring up the fact that they live in or have lived in China or they often visit China.

Just for the record I've never been to China although I'm currently working in the UK for a Chinese woman.

Chinese pushing in front of Thais,i thought Thais

were champions at that,I remember bank queues

before they started to use ropes and Q numbers,

it was like a rugby scrum with lots more players.

Regards worgeordie

You haven't seen anything until you've seen "lining up" anywhere in the Middle East. In fact, there are no lines, except at international airports OUTSIDE SAUDI ARABIA.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

WOW ....lived here six years....traveled all over the country....AND still not sure where to settle? You say you want to BUY! Whoa! ...My advice, since you're so unsure is to rent first....so many good places to live ....pick the wheather you like best ...beach community or country village and then find a place to rent and try it for awhile ....don't like it ...move on.

I was just interested in other peoples opinions thats's all

The Chinese and Indians are famous for breaking the line everywhere.

• Like 1

Its always been a problem with the Chinese for as long as I can remember. 20 years ago in Saigon,my mate a 15 stone rugby player picked a Chinese guy up by the scruff off the neck and carried him to the back of the queue from where he came. I carried his bags.I bet that guy never tried that stunt again.

But it has got out of hand, why don't they have a security guard there to handle it.

The Chinese behavioural pattern is well know ,spitting ,kids urinating in swimming pools, despite signs in Chinese telling them not to. Better get used to it until the next educated generation comes along.

The headline really should be "Confirmed: Chinese People Push In Front of Everybody." Don't worry...they don't discriminate. Take a trip to China, where this kind of stuff is the norm (Koreans are pretty good at it, too). Then they go abroad where it isn't normal and cat fight!