Bicycle hire in ubon- sisaket?

davoz45

If you look along the SSK road with all the banks in it, you will see two bicycle shops opposite each other. The better of the 2 that sells more expensive (Trek/Mongoose) bikes, rents out bicycle.

Is that in ssk or ubon?

That's Sisaket. The road where all the banks are located. You'll see the bicycle shops when coming from the market heading to all the banks. Can't miss it.

If I were you, I'd buy one and sell it again. Take a look at Big-C, Tesco, or Macro.

But please do not buy anything at these two shops in Sisaket.

Owners are Chinese, if you know what I mean. Once I paid 790 baht for a new tire and brake pads for an old Kiddie bike. Really wanted to ask them if they're kidding.

Could have bought a brand new one for 400 baht more, which really pissed me off. When they see a foreigner, it's automatically more expensive. Be aware.

They don't take the money from the dead.................

Edited by lostinisaan

If you look along the SSK road with all the banks in it, you will see two bicycle shops opposite each other. The better of the 2 that sells more expensive (Trek/Mongoose) bikes, rents out bicycle.

Is that in ssk or ubon?

That's Sisaket. The road where all the banks are located. You'll see the bicycle shops when coming from the market heading to all the banks. Can't miss it.

If I were you, I'd buy one and sell it again. Take a look at Big-C, Tesco, or Macro.

Owners are Chinese, if you know what I mean. Once I paid 790 baht for a new tire and brake pads for an old Kiddie bike. Really wanted to ask them if they're kidding.

Could have bought a brand new one for 400 baht more, which really pissed me off. When they see a foreigner, it's automatically more expensive. Be aware.

They rent bikes, that was the answer. I know many Farangs who have used them without being ripped off and got good service and deals from them (myself included)

Is that in ssk or ubon?

They rent bikes, that was the answer. I know many Farangs who have used them without being ripped off and got good service and deals from them (myself included)

I apologize. Maybe I was the only one who got a sort of ripped off by the shop on the right hand side, when coming from the market.

Unfortunately, it happened twice, that's why I posted my thoughts.

• Like 1

Hi David, this is Brent from The Outside Inn. As NiwPix says, we do rent bikes and although it's often with our own guests, we're happy to rent to anyone. Not sure what kind of bike you're looking for, but what we offer are single speed classic Japanese bikes. Nothing elaborate, but solid stylish bikes that are great for in and around town. Probably not ideal if you're looking for a touring bike. We'll give you the same deal we give our guests- the weekly rate is just 350 baht per week. Just let us know if we can help. PM is fine or Google The Outside Inn Ubon for all our contact info. Cheers, Brent