Kiwi caught with drugs in Phuket also wanted back home

webfact

Kiwi caught with drugs in Phuket also wanted back home
The Phuket News

1419906991_1-org.jpg
Madgwick/Taylor after his arrest in Phuket.

HAMILTON, NEW ZEALAND: The New Zealander caught in Phuket on meth and cocaine possession charges on Christmas Eve is also wanted in his home country on credit card fraud charges, the New Zealand Herald reports.

The man, named by Patong police as Taylor Grainge, was arrested last week after police caught him with 1.2g of methamphetamine and 0.95g of cocaine, enough to merit a charge of possession with intent to sell.

The Herald reports that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade has identified the man as Grainge Taylor. It also goes on the report that he was originally known in New Zealand as Grainge Marriott Madgwick and officially changed his surname to Tayler – believed to be his wife’s surname – after police began investigating allegations of credit card fraud against him in 2010.

He left the country the following month under his new name, before a warrant was issued for his arrest in August 2012.

“The warrant was issued due to Mr Madgwick failing to appear on a number of fraud-related charges,” a police spokesman told The New Zealand Herald, confirming that the warrant is still active.

Madgewick, as he was then, allegedly got hold of te credit card details of friends or relatives and then applied online for secondary cards – as many as 10 of them.

He then spent more than NZ$100,000 (B2.5 million) on the cards, with the amounts being charged to the primary card holder.

His case sparked an overhaul of Westpac’s online credit card application process.

Read the original New Zealand Herald story here.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/kiwi-caught-with-drugs-in-phuket-also-wanted-back-home-50351.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-30

"Taylor Grainge, was arrested last week after police caught him with 1.2g of methamphetamine and 0.95g of cocaine, enough to merit a charge of possession with intent to sell." Quote

Sure the BIB has arrested a major dealer..........................coffee1.gif

While the guys, who need a forklift to move their deadly merchandise, are still enjoying their Champagne in freedom!!

Wonder why?

better he stays here in jail

as in NZ he will get too many rights as a criminal

let the thais show him what prison should be like

Which is why he seems untroubled, he will get extradited to NZ and do a short stint for credit fraud and be out free in a few years.

What a charming fella. Ripped off his friends and relatives (allegedly) then did a runner to Thailand (don't they all?) and now gets busted for Class A drugs here. Just the sort of tourist Thailand needs, another farang giving us a further bad name, no wonder some Thais don't like us.

I really couldn't give a rodent's furry behind about people that judge me because of the behaviour of others that have the same skin colour as me.

My advice......toughen up.

I agree, KB.

I couldn't care less what the Thai's think of us all. We will always be "farang" - a lower form of life than a Thai. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan