3bb true tot internet new line, foreigners without work permit ok ? Just need passport copy ?

ThaiSanookGuy

Hello,

A friend with only tourist visa is asking if he will be able to open a new internet line for a condo he just bought ?

Tot Internet, 3BB internet, True Internet just ask a copy of your passport to get Internet connection ?

If they need a work permit as they dare to ask few years ago but maybe since they bought a brain ?

Thank you.

With 3BB you have to pay one year up front, which gives a 8% discount.... for first year at least. Yes copy of passport too...

So probably not going to work on a tourist visa, unless you get a Thai to put in their name... which most would be reluctant to do... it screws up their credit rating... after stop paying and don't return the modem/ router.

Work permit or Retirement visas would be required!

Probably the same with the other companies too...

Just a foot note! A friend, just moved into a rented house, where the bill was not paid by previous tenants....and left the modem, (3BB) now they won't provide service to that property and even took down the line.... It's people who do that, that screw things up for all of us! bah.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

If they just need a passport the visa is not important, especially if paid 1 year.

Any Thai will help to use their name, especially the ones who work for me <3

But I can believe that the stupid rule of work permit still apply.

Just a foot note!

Do not worry, they don't need us to be totally stupid here, I do business with them everyday and believe me, they were like this before the crowd of foreigners...

Edited by ThaiSanookGuy

If they just need a passport the visa is not important, especially if paid 1 year.

Any Thai will help to use their name, especially the ones who work for me <3

But I can believe that the stupid rule of work permit still apply.

Just a foot note!

Do not worry, they don't need us to be totally stupid here, I do business with them everyday and believe me, they were like this before the crowd of foreigners...

So if your staff are so helpful, why bother to ask the question....

and why would anyone want to pay a full year for a service as a short time tourist?

Thank you for your rude response....bah.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

I can only talk about True online, As i use them in my 4 years time here.

From the start i come here on 30 days i got in the Air port to 90 days ED-Visa / Extension, and now Married-Extension. (Yes i change condo a lot)

They only want front page of my passport, and me to sign up for a 6 month period.

I Think that fair.