Sd card problem

Tayida

i transfer some videos and music from youtube(using keepvid) into my 4gb sd card of my Samsung.They are all in the same format(mp4)but some i can see,some doesn't appear on my phone.But checking with pc they all appear in the sd.How can i see all of them?Thank you

The files are probably different formats. Your computer has the necessary CODEC (COmpression/DECompression) libraries to play all of them but your phone doesn't.

If you want to play those files on your phone you'll need to convert them (or ask the conversion site to convert them into a format that's natively compatible with your phone).

from the blog post: How to Play MP4 on Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S2/Tab/Note/Ace?

MP4 is a container video format which may encode with a variety of codecs like H.264, MPEG-4, Xivd, DivX, MPEG-4 ASP etc. or with subtitles or multi-channel audio tracks. A ... solution is to convert MP4 to [a] supported MPEG-4 Video [format] [that your phone can play natively].

• Like 1

As mentioned above, MP4 files are just a container for several different kinds of CODEC formats. Make sure the player you use supports the CODEC used by the MP4 file you're trying to play. MX Player is one of the best audio/video players for Android and is rated better than VLC player. It uses Hardware Acceleration and Multi-core Decoding for high performance and plays almost every kind of audio/video files including .3gp .avi .divx .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm .xvid and many more.

Some members have mentioned to convert the format, but since the A/V files are compressed to save space, you lose audio and video quality each time you convert between formats. It's better to stick with the original format and use an A/V player that supports the CODEC used by the MP4 file. Also conversion can take a long time depending on the resources available during the conversion.

Edited by BB1950