1st Anniversary Of The Flood Of 05

Gonzo the Face

If anyone would want or need a reminder the Great Flood of 05 was one year ago today.

As fate would have it the river is again on the rise. The Hydro site has kicked in and records a 9cm river rise in the 3 hrs between 6AM - 9AM this morning.

Received a call from a friend in Phrao and he informed me that they had rain all night and there were flood conditions all around. This usually means somewhere around 12 hours later we have a severe rise in river levels .

For those interested, keep the old peepers open.

gonzo

where do you check the water levels gonzo??? river didn't look close to flooding yesterday evening. possibility of flooding just after a day's of rain?

In front of my condo at the Rama IX bridge. Yesterday evening normal, we had some rain most of the night but up north apparently much more.... and usually its about 12 hrs away

I'd suggest it was simply coincidence regarding flooding between Chiang Mai and Phrao, whick has no connecting rivers, etc.. Many times our weather is very limited, and one area can't really be compared to another this way..

Edited by Ajarn