Phuket police respond to two motor accidents on New Year's Eve, one fatal

webfact

Phuket police respond to two motor accidents on New Year's Eve, one fatal
Eakkapop Thongtub

1420034316_1.jpg
The scene of today's first and fatal accident.

PHUKET: -- Police were alerted to a motor vehicle accident in the early hours of this morning involving a Mercedes Benz and Honda motorbike.

Arriving to the scene on Chao Fa east Rd, near the Mook Phuket shop, police and rescue workers found a bronze coloured Mercedes tangled in its front with a white 125-cc Honda wave motorbike. Not too far from the scene was the lifeless body lying in a pool of blood.

The accident victim was identified as Ms Anoma Muang Panit of Kanchanaburi.

Her body, along with two injured victims who police did not name were transported to Wachira hospital.

Aside from this accident, another accident involving a pickup truck and motorbike was reported in Kathu this afternoon. One person is in critical condition from the accident, but police have not released any more details.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-respond-to-two-motor-accidents-on-new-years-eve-one-fatal-50383.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-01

Even if your not drunk, you still cant avoid Motorbikes that cross in front of you. Sure your reaction times a slower if drunk, but in the years I have been driving in Thailand, I have noticed a total disrespect for safety from motorbike riders, day or night.

Ive seen them at the lights in the furtherest left hand lane and swing all the way to the right to take a turn, totally disregarding ALL traffic.

My condolences to those injured or passed away...

Edited by thhMan