Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

2015 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Rooo

Member asked for good quality.

[edit]

Hmmm. It depends on the kind of bread wanted. If you want a generic loaf then Makro would be the best of a bad bunch but the member is asking for good quality. Place called Angela's is supposed to produce good bread but never tried. The French bakery very close Lamai temple does very good bread but you need to get there quite early. Best I have found is a place not far from Coco Splash waterpark. Head down toward the beach and it is the last residential property on the left hand side.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the best place in Samui to buy Steaks and other western food for a restaurant?

All Star Product, between the university and ghost road on Chaweng lakeview road.

Wholesaler, not a store.

Go in and ask for a catalog.

http://www.theloadingdockth.com/en/suppliers/all-star-product-co-ltd-samui-branch-th/products

9°32'07.91" N 100°02'54.26" E

Member asked for good quality.

[edit]

Hmmm. It depends on the kind of bread wanted. If you want a generic loaf then Makro would be the best of a bad bunch but the member is asking for good quality. Place called Angela's is supposed to produce good bread but never tried. The French bakery very close Lamai temple does very good bread but you need to get there quite early. Best I have found is a place not far from Coco Splash waterpark. Head down toward the beach and it is the last residential property on the left hand side.

That is Nana Bakery. Now closed I believe as the owner is working in England.

also known as many other things ie 11 Tigers, Dragon's breath,etc...

actually I saw it in the Samui Holiday guide Wining and Dining magazine .. looks interesting... and since wine is too $$$$ and can only bring 1l alcohol .thought I better go local :)

Don't mind a SangSom with soda and lime and mega nam keng !!

well I will be on holidays :)

• 4 weeks later...

Could well be down to a shortage of supply when all is said and done. I did notice that Makro Lamai had quite a few a week or so back.

The turkey is a large bird in the genus Meleagris, which is native to the Americas. One species, Meleagris gallopavo (commonly known as the domestic turkey or wild turkey), is native to the forests of North America, mainly Mexico and the United States. The other living species is Meleagris ocellata or the ocellated turkey, native to the forests of the Yucatán Peninsula

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_(bird)

Turkeys are raised in many places over the world but you can but your bottom dollar that if the US suddenly stopped exporting them then there would be a huge shortage. There is no way that other producers could make up for the demand within a couple of months.

Reason I know all this stuff is because I worked for a huge food manufacturing company. The chicken (for chicken and ham pies) was getting very expensive so we changed to turkey and ham pies. I ran purchasing of product ingredients for the company... we needed 3000kg of turkey meat a day and the only place that could supply that demand (week in and week out) was the U.S.

Just found the Bali Indonesian restaurant in Lamai. Nice change of pace from Thai food and other choices with hearty and savory asian food. Located on the T (one way) road that connects the middle of the beach road to the ring road. Very friendly place.

Hi All, Does anyone know where to find pork chops? I 've looked in Makro, Big C, Tesco several times but haven't seen any.

If you look in the frozen meat section at Makro you will find bandsawed and bagged frozen pork chops. 9 -11 a bag. When you get home, drop the bang on the floor from counter high and they will split into individuals. Zip loc (other brands are available) bag them into what ever quantities suit you. Singles for me. Then defrost in the fridge 12 hrs before use.

I heard yesterday that TOPS can order for you with 4 days notice.

ent to Tops, spoke to the manager, not the case, can't supply. But but but they have 4 Kg chickens on special for 399 Baht. Massive chooks.

Just found the Bali Indonesian restaurant in Lamai. Nice change of pace from Thai food and other choices with hearty and savory asian food. Located on the T (one way) road that connects the middle of the beach road to the ring road. Very friendly place.

post-145163-0-20948400-1449385522_thumb.

Great foo and only 60 Baht for a G&T. As you say, makes a nice change.

I heard yesterday that TOPS can order for you with 4 days notice.

ent to Tops, spoke to the manager, not the case, can't supply. But but but they have 4 Kg chickens on special for 399 Baht. Massive chooks.

TV sponsor..... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874235-xmas-specials-now-available-from-passiondelivery/

Says Bangkok only but they may send it to Samui if you offer enough. One of the many things I love about Thailand is the ability to get something if you don't mind paying over the odds for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived