Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

I have said it before in these forums and I will say it again, th Russians are nasty pieces of work.

So sad so many on here base their opinion on a nation of some 150 million on their experience of package holidays makers in Pattaya.

In a recent job I had in London I worked with countless Russians, here`s my experience -

- Incredibly cultured. Quite often I felt uncomfortable as they talked about ballet or opera which are massive in Moscow and they loved seeing in London.

- Well mannered. (ladies first, thankyou to waiters etc)

- A good laugh and dry/dark sense of humour that really appealed to me,

- Hard workers.

It`s a bit like going to Benidorm and seeing the excesses of the UKs working classes on holiday, then declaring all English are yobs.

Finally, in the couple of times I`ve visited Pattaya the only loutish behaviour I saw was from Europeans. The Russians I saw were mostly families quietly walking around the streets. Northern Ireland (where I hail from) where actually playing Russia in football the last time I was there and i sat in a bar full of them supporting the opposition. I even got drinks bought for me!

SO IF YOU WANT CONTINOU WITH YOUR GOOD EXPERIANCE;

PLEASE STAY A DAY IN PATTAYA IN A HOTEL; MOSTLY OCCUPIED BY RUSSIONS;

ENJOY THE BREAKFAST BUFFET WITH THEM;

OR THE FREE COFFE AND CAKE ON THE POOL !

LIKE TO GET YOUR COMMENT AFTERWARDS

I have said it before in these forums and I will say it again, th Russians are nasty pieces of work.

So sad so many on here base their opinion on a nation of some 150 million on their experience of package holidays makers in Pattaya.

In a recent job I had in London I worked with countless Russians, here`s my experience -

- Incredibly cultured. Quite often I felt uncomfortable as they talked about ballet or opera which are massive in Moscow and they loved seeing in London.

- Well mannered. (ladies first, thankyou to waiters etc)

- A good laugh and dry/dark sense of humour that really appealed to me,

- Hard workers.

It`s a bit like going to Benidorm and seeing the excesses of the UKs working classes on holiday, then declaring all English are yobs.

Finally, in the couple of times I`ve visited Pattaya the only loutish behaviour I saw was from Europeans. The Russians I saw were mostly families quietly walking around the streets. Northern Ireland (where I hail from) where actually playing Russia in football the last time I was there and i sat in a bar full of them supporting the opposition. I even got drinks bought for me!

Obviously you have found the "quality tourists/workers" that are in such short supply from Russia.

I would love to meet Russians like that. Yes, they have a very deep and rich cultural heritage. Great artists, great dance, music, opera, literature, etc. And you are right. Most of us are simply not exposed to the refined ones. The question is, what percentage of the population are they? I hope it is a lot higher than I perceive it to be. I would really love to meet some Russians I liked. Also, you were not a stranger to these co-workers.

• Like 2

All countries have good people and bad people. Everyone pokes fun at everyone on TV so enjoy a little banter. I agree that their economy will bounce back. Don't judge everyone by their country. Though I am from America I don't agree with 50% of what America does around the world or in America itself.whistling.gif

The problem is that this has become far beyond "a little banter" and I bet you that very few of these haters are men enough to stand up and talk like this in real life, at least not without having a few pints first.

• Like 1

" Kasikorn Research Centre (KRC) says the Russian economic crisis will cut Russian travel to Thailand by at least 9.3pc in 2014"

Erm?

Predicting the past is an acquired gift.

Edited by IAMHERE

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Western Interests making a huge amount of people suffer ?

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

I know lots of very friendly and nice Russians around here on Samui.

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

Empty Restaurants, empty bars, empty shops.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

or 5 minutes before they all fill up ... at any given time of the day]

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

getting too happy about a major economy falling apart [in the media]

Just for the sake of the information:

Russia's Depth/GDP is about 20%

USA Depth/GDP is about 87%

Now tell me who is doing worse ...

The world economy is on a HUGE downturn if you look at the REAL numbers...

There is no sign of any recovery and as a fact a recovery is not even possible.

Be careful what you wish for .... the european's are also running out of money

and then the real "quality-tourists" everybody seems to be so eager for will

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

I went out for the past 2 nights in Bangkok and it was the busiest it's been this whole year. I think there may be a slight increase in tourists.

This is all smoke and mirrors as I have seen the "smiles back on Thai faces" from Chinese tourists.

A SLIGHT INCREASE FROM NEARLY NOTHING 1

A REALLY GREAT NEWS 11

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Western Interests making a huge amount of people suffer ?

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

I know lots of very friendly and nice Russians around here on Samui.

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

Empty Restaurants, empty bars, empty shops.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

or 5 minutes before they all fill up ... at any given time of the day]

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

getting too happy about a major economy falling apart [in the media]

Just for the sake of the information:

Russia's Depth/GDP is about 20%

USA Depth/GDP is about 87%

Now tell me who is doing worse ...

The world economy is on a HUGE downturn if you look at the REAL numbers...

There is no sign of any recovery and as a fact a recovery is not even possible.

Be careful what you wish for .... the european's are also running out of money

and then the real "quality-tourists" everybody seems to be so eager for will

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

I went out for the past 2 nights in Bangkok and it was the busiest it's been this whole year. I think there may be a slight increase in tourists.

This is all smoke and mirrors as I have seen the "smiles back on Thai faces" from Chinese tourists.

It is because of the New Year holidays. Try again in the middle of January and tell us if it is busy.

In my opinion right after the New Year holidays tourism will drop to a halt. In 2 weeks we will be reading articles about empty hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues!

• Like 2

Putin has really screwed up this time and that will now affect ordinary Russians....not good for them of course !! At the same time.....they dont really fit in with the other international Tourists visiting Thailand, last year I Went to Phuket and tried to have a chat on several occasions with partying russian....they looked at us....not very interested....and continued their own party.....that was strange !! Can anyone explain this behaviour ????

Ignorant arrogance! I used to hold the door open for Russian familes coming into/coming out of supermarkets etc but not any more! Manners cost nothing, but most Russians I have encountered don't even know how to nod their heads as an acknowledgement of thanks. So open the door yourself, Boris, and I hope you drop your bottle of vodka while you are doing it!

In Russian culture people don't nod heads to say thank you. Maybe they were surprised in the first place that you held the door for them, and usually they would say "thank you" or smile as gratitude, but normally they don't nod their heads.

It is sad to learn how easily people hate/ dislike other people. Having the impression that more than 50% of the posts on this thread really hate Russians is for me unacceptable. I would at least expect some tolerance from expats who, after living many years in Thailand, should be more understanding. Do you think Thai people like you or... tolerate you? Do you really think you haters are superior? Anyway, I don't want to participate anymore in such a biassed forum. So good bye I am out for good.

So is my 2015 advertisement budget for Thaivisa. Don't want my company associated with any of this.

• Like 2

Well, there we go. I did say didn't I?

Loads of you have gone on a Russia bashing safari as usual and are upsetting people.

Any more nationality bashing and it'll be a posting holiday.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

I'm familiar with Russian academics. Generous, rough, tough, thoughtful, profoundly philosophical, with great humour and no manners whatsoever.

Everyone who has provoked and then underestimated these people have done so at their peril.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

Hmmmm...I think President Putin and his ministers are needed to come to Thailand with plenty of vodka to pass around for every one and Party Hardy and correct the Russian tourist problem as they are the ones with all the badly needed money for the Local economy in Pattaya.

The Russian Vodka will be free...but..... the girls will be well paid for while the 5 star hotels will be full and the food will be eaten in excessive amounts with large tips spread around everywhere they go.

I mean, is that not what they do when they go to all those summit meetings and all those other international political adventures they enjoy???

Just divert it here to Thailand next time......Wah....Hooo!

Edited by gemguy

bad news if your a tourism business that depends on these nationalitys

the statements by some TV members is mind boggleing about Russia and putin ...i suggest swithing off CNN then reserch what you think you know

about>

couple of hints

George Sorros, UN , IMF, US military build up in Europe, US citizen to be Ukraines new PM

You are right, with your opinion.

I'm not a friend of Putin, but not friend of US politics either or all this idiot politicians in Europe(NATO) who nodding only to US politics.

We all have to open our eyes and not believe all the bulls$$t presented in the news, this is often just propaganda.

This case in Ukraine is provocated by US politics they came to close to Russia and planned in top to install rockets in Ukraine, Putin fighting only back, unfortunatley the simple ppl suffering over there, as usual I feel sorry for them.

George W. Bush would say just collateral damages.

Or like Stalin said. The death of 1 man is a tragedy the death of thousends just statistics.

This case remembers me onto the Cuba Crisis about 50 years ago the only difference the Ukraine case is provocated by US politics.

With the same risk that it could leads to WW III.

• Like 2

You are right, with your opinion.

I'm not a friend of Putin, but not friend of US politics either or all this idiot politicians in Europe(NATO) who nodding only to US politics.

We all have to open our eyes and not believe all the bulls$$t presented in the news, this is often just propaganda.

This case in Ukraine is provocated by US politics they came to close to Russia and planned in top to install rockets in Ukraine, Putin fighting only back, unfortunatley the simple ppl suffering over there, as usual I feel sorry for them.

George W. Bush would say just collateral damages.

Or like Stalin said. The death of 1 man is a tragedy the death of thousends just statistics.

This case remembers me onto the Cuba Crisis about 50 years ago the only difference the Ukraine case is provocated by US politics.

With the same risk that it could leads to WW III.

Again, a diversion on to conspiracy theories about the US. Your statement has what exactly to do with the topic, which is about declining Russian tourism in Thailand?

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

<<<< Off topic deflection comments removed >>>>

Most of the Russians I have met here just want to get away from the crap going on back home and live a peaceful life. They've added a lot to the expat community in a positive way. Then again, I don't live in Pattaya.

Pattaya is unfortunately a melting pot for a lot of criminals, Thai's and foreigners nothing explict russians looking a the tourism statitcs from 2002 to 2012 by nationality making sence.

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourists-nationalities-Thailand.asp