Where is police compound for seized motorbikes?

007cableguy

Went there again today,it is still there

When u go into soi korpai coming from Thepprasit pass the soi 11 sign on your right.take the next soi right after same side. Go to the end.bingo

That's obviously a different location. I can't follow your directions. Are you referring to Thepprasit Soi 6 entry from Thepprasit Road. These Sois are very hard to follow without a map.... especially if you're coming from the opposite direction.

It sounds to me like tropo and sucher are describing two different locations.

What sucher is describing is at approx GPS location: 12.9111694N 100.8873197E, which might be a location for a new impound lot. I can't tell for sure because the imagery is old and street view doesn't cover the soi that sucher mentions. But it does look like it could be a new impound lot from what I can tell from the imagery.

What tropo is describing is at approx GPS location: 12.9174439N 100.8882853E, which was the old impound lot that appears to have been closed sometime since 2012.

Whatever, the OP has to go to Thai Police station which serves the location where the motorbike was impounded and pay a fine and/or get a release document before he can pick up the motorcycle from an Impound lot. He'll also have to pay a fee to the impound lot for storage and transportation to the lot.

Unfortunately the OP didn't mention where the motorbike was missing from. Best for him to ask someone near where the motorbike disappeared (motorcycle taxis are good for that), to ask which Thai Police Station serves that area and start from there.

If it's Pattaya proper, then the best place to start would be the Thai Police Station on Soi 9.

When u go into soi korpai coming from Thepprasit pass the soi 11 sign on your right.take the next soi right after same side. Go to the end.bingo

That's obviously a different location. I can't follow your directions. Are you referring to Thepprasit Soi 6 entry from Thepprasit Road. These Sois are very hard to follow without a map.... especially if you're coming from the opposite direction.

It sounds to me like tropo and sucher are describing two different locations.

What sucher is describing is at approx GPS location: 12.9111694N 100.8873197E, which might be a location for a new impound lot. I can't tell for sure because the imagery is old and street view doesn't cover the soi that sucher mentions. But it does look like it could be a new impound lot from what I can tell from the imagery.

What tropo is describing is at approx GPS location: 12.9174439N 100.8882853E, which was the old impound lot that appears to have been closed sometime since 2012.

I went through the same exercise myself and picked that spot as the most likely place that Sucher was referring to.... but as you said there's no street view in that soi. Also, does this soi have a name?

Is this the intersection with Thepprasit 16? (there's a blue info board which may be from the Road Transport Department)

post-34982-0-05481600-1420506516_thumb.j

Edited by tropo

tropo, I noticed that.

IMO, the soi looks to have been recently paved, however not very well. The blue info board appears to be the standard info board that's put up after a soi is paved, advising the source of the funds used to pave the soi. What is more interesting is the red sign below it with the white arrow. Unfortunately it's blurred and can't be read. It may be advising of the location of the new impound lot. But according to the imagery date, at that time the impound lot was at the old location, so I ruled that out.

There's some houses on the soi, so I can only guess the locals have some kind of name for the soi. That whole area (behind Big-C) seems to be undergoing re-development. It's probably why the old impound lot was closed. It's a considerable chunk of land.

• 11 months later...

Thanks. Was out walking today and found it from your directions. Added it to OSM.

Link to map

Thanks to above coordinates (Google maps friendly) and OS map I found the place quite easily.

Sideoad off soi Thep Prasit 6 leading to police compound baptized Khopai 9/3.

Open early morning to midnight. Run by civilians, not a BIB to be found when I found the place today.

My scooter was confiscated very late 20th, I picked it up today the 22nd, charged 300bt parking fee. So I presume 100bt per day charge.

post-192991-0-11196700-1450786471_thumb.

post-192991-0-84701400-1450786521_thumb.