Where is police compound for seized motorbikes?

007cableguy

There are at least 3 spots on the eastside that I have seen, but on Soi's too small for me to remember. I had to recover my bike from one 2 years ago after a small accident. While I went to the hospital, my bike went to impound. Police were very helpful in giving a motorbike taxi driver directions on how to get there, and I got a letter from the police for the lot to release the bike to me. This lot was just east of the Floating Market. Accident in Jontiem. These lots are just dirt lots with many weeds and many bikes, mostly junk.

Went to the one at the end of soi 10 off Threppasit which was mainly crashed vehicles,

Another on Soi Go pai Soi 11,

One on Sukhumvit on a Soi opposite Soi Kow Talo

Then the city hall building pattaya Nuer ,

No joy in any of them !

Is there anymore places to try?

It's just freakin' amazing, that you left your bike somewhere (wrong or right parked) and police takes it to some dodgy place (one out of 10 or 15 locations) and it's up to the bike-owner/rider to find out where.

The last impound place I know of is inside Soi 50/1 off Sukhumvit (very close to the Sukhumvit-Thepprasit Junction).

The Soi Korpai location still exists.I would try it there.Its at the end of Soi 11 I think.People there can tell u exactly where it is.

If it's still in the same place then you drive down South Pattaya Soi 1 until you are near Soi Kopai. On the left there's a road with a sign above it saying Pen Pak village. Go down that road and the police compound used to be on the left, easy to find.

The Soi Korpai location still exists.I would try it there.Its at the end of Soi 11 I think.People there can tell u exactly where it is.

If it's still in the same place then you drive down South Pattaya Soi 1 until you are near Soi Kopai. On the left there's a road with a sign above it saying Pen Pak village. Go down that road and the police compound used to be on the left, easy to find.

Are you talking about this one: Link to map. I walked by there a few days ago and it seemed shut down.

Are you talking about this one: Link to map. I walked by there a few days ago and it seemed shut down.

It might well have been shut down. A mate used to live in a house further on along that soi so I went there regularly a few years back, but he moved and I haven't had reason to go down there since. He reckoned that having the police compound nearby was great for security.

Went to the one at the end of soi 10 off Threppasit which was mainly crashed vehicles,

Another on Soi Go pai Soi 11,

One on Sukhumvit on a Soi opposite Soi Kow Talo

Then the city hall building pattaya Nuer ,

No joy in any of them !

Is there anymore places to try?

This is good information. Thanks for sharing. I hope you find your bike.

Police impounds on OSM

"seemed shut down". It absolutely is shut down and has been shut down for quite a long time by the looks of it when I went past there about 6 months ago.

It definitely was still in operation around 2 Month ago when I picked up my Bike there.The Place was packed with Bikes.It is at the very end of that side soi at Korpai.Maybe soi 11.Go to that location and ask people there.

I did go to that location, but didn't have to ask anyone as there as the place was locked up and deserted.

Here's a Google street view in 2012:

post-34982-0-60681800-1420378335_thumb.j

Here's an aerial view showing the same area overgrown in October 2014:

post-34982-0-66475300-1420378392_thumb.j

Can you provide a snap of the location you want to as it's obviously not the same location.

Edited by tropo

I will try to go there again Monday afternoon.I had a Motorbike Taxi bring me there.Its at the very end of that side soi.

It is a mystery. Maybe they moved down the road - or opened it up again in late October early November. You said you went to look 2 months ago. The last Google image is dated October 16. It is a very convenient location.

Edited by tropo

Easiest way to find out is to go to the police, pay whatever fine you owe and ... bingo!

Unless you can' t.

that's not the issue WwWw........the OP is looking for his bike.

He doesn't seem to have a document stating what he did wrong, so it doesn't make sense to go down to the police station.

BTW.....the OP is guessing that his bike is impounded....not even sure.

Starts to look like a needle in a hay-stack.

Easiest way to find out is to go to the police, pay whatever fine you owe and ... bingo!

Unless you can' t.

that's not the issue WwWw........the OP is looking for his bike.

He doesn't seem to have a document stating what he did wrong, so it doesn't make sense to go down to the police station.

BTW.....the OP is guessing that his bike is impounded....not even sure.

Starts to look like a needle in a hay-stack.

The best place to start is at the Police Station. Go to the closest Police station and report the bike as stolen. They will ask questions, like where did you leave it, and then check their records for impounds, etc.

Agree with the posters here telling the OP to contact the police. Why spend days driving around looking for impound lots, some non-existing and some that has since moved to new locations.

Could start by having a Thai speaking person make a phone call, letting the police know where the bike was last seen. If not successful, head on down to the police station.

If they’re noncooperative, tell them you want to report the bike stolen, that should get them moving. They rather find the information for you, than starting the paperwork on a stolen bike.

Was at Tukcom today. There were a number of motorbikes parked on Pattaya Tai on the 'no parking' side just before Tukcom. There must have been 10 to 20 bikes parked up which, given that the other side was the obvious 'parking today' side, looked very much like a honey pot in the making!

Passing again about an hour later there were a couple of pickups complete with the usual 'officers' either loading up the bikes for despatch to the police compounds or entering into negotiations with a number of rather animated concerned citizens. Just perfect for topping up the coffers after heavy New Year expenditures!

Some people never learn.

Went there again today,it is still there

When u go into soi korpai coming from Thepprasit pass the soi 11 sign on your right.take the next soi right after same side. Go to the end.bingo

That's obviously a different location. I can't follow your directions. Are you referring to Thepprasit Soi 6 entry from Thepprasit Road. These Sois are very hard to follow without a map.... especially if you're coming from the opposite direction.