Learning Thai - I live near train station

BuffaloRescue

Hi

I live near the train station

I want to do 1 on 1 conversational Thai. I would also like to learn to read and write Thai with a group/classroom

Proximity is important, I don't want to drive to authorised of town really although in an around old city is OK I guess. I studied at AUA before and didn't really like it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Problem is even with some nice old grandpa or granny expats who has been here in Thailand for over 25 years and still can't pronounce things right or say the right things. There must be problem with these Thai language schools particularly the pronunciation department. There are also some other cultural things that should be learn as well because sometimes they are more important to learn than learning the Thai alphabets. E.g. It's considered pretty rude to put your feet on the table yet many farangs still do it! Not ending a Thai sentence with the word "krub or ka" is also rude but still, hardly any farang say it! Why? My parents would punish me hard for not saying "krub or ka" at the end of the sentence. Many misunderstandings and problem could be avoid. I wish I could have my own class.

Easy Study Thai at Panthip isn't that amazingly far from you. (Night Bazaar Area)

They have two schools one on the third floor and one on the fourth floor. I spoke with the one on the fourth floor and was impressed with their flexibility. Did not talk with the one on the third floor so can not say one way or the other.

Also took AUA and was left with less than a good feeling for them.

I would also like to learn to read and write Thai with a group/classroom

For the reading writing I highly recommend Payap's course

They will test you 1st to see where you fit in.

The level 3 has the most to offer IMHO so hopefully that is where you test as starting

from. If not maybe build your vocabulary a little more & re-test?

8000 baht for 60 hours comes out to a very good deal of 133 baht per hour IMO

Very professionally run. Take it if your serious because anything less than serious

will not cut it with the given homework, testing etc.

But if you can commit to it you will be amazed at how much you learn in those 60 hours.

http://ic.payap.ac.th/certificate/thai/about.php

Edited by mania

I would also like to learn to read and write Thai with a group/classroom

For the reading writing I highly recommend Payap's course

They will test you 1st to see where you fit in.

The level 3 has the most to offer IMHO so hopefully that is where you test as starting

from. If not maybe build your vocabulary a little more & re-test?

8000 baht for 60 hours comes out to a very good deal of 133 baht per hour IMO

Very professionally run. Take it if your serious because anything less than serious

will not cut it with the given homework, testing etc.

But if you can commit to it you will be amazed at how much you learn in those 60 hours.

http://ic.payap.ac.th/certificate/thai/about.php

Thanks

Does the Thai 1 course include reading and writing? I would say I'm start of Thai 2 in conversation but i can't read or write. Thanks

How about having someone come to you?

Phone number and email deleted below as per forum rules, but if you go to

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HilbweOTN5Rrfs3mcohrZjBk4_PVSml2qy2QyK7frqg/pub?utm_source=Chaingmai+Christian+Community+Classifieds+%28CCCC%29+Subscribers&utm_campaign=85a6e7ac99-CCCC_Classifieds_2014_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_89fac3f4fe-85a6e7ac99-115029061

and scroll down to teachers etc, you will find it there. Good luck.

• Excellent Thai Teacher - A friendly and flexible teacher with years of experience, teaching Central Thai from beginners to advanced (speaking, reading, writing). As a private tutor Kru Irada adjusts her lessons to your level, preferences and time table. She speaks fluent English so beginners don't have to worry. Rates: home visit 250B/hr; when paying in advance 2,000B/10 hrs or 3600B/20 hrs, all home visits. Free trial lesson of 40mins is to meet each other and plan the lessons. Learn Thai in a way that best suits you! | --> Contact Kru Irada: , (11/2014)
  • Like 2