What famous western people live in Thailand?

ttthailand

I'm pretty sure Andy McNab lives in Thailand

For sure he does, and he still has the amazing ability to change his appearance (it seems at will). For I have met/seen/heard him talking in many many Pattaya bars.

Thought he would have been a little more low profile though.

I disagree, he is pretty low profile, blending into his surroundings by wearing a Chang Beer vest and poorly fitting shorts hanging off his beer belly - camouflage Pattaya style.

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Andy McNab lives in Thailand

For sure he does, and he still has the amazing ability to change his appearance (it seems at will). For I have met/seen/heard him talking in many many Pattaya bars.

Thought he would have been a little more low profile though.

I disagree, he is pretty low profile, blending into his surroundings by wearing a Chang Beer vest and poorly fitting shorts hanging off his beer belly - camouflage Pattaya style.

So it's not that wee Scottish guy then?

Famous and very rich people owns homes in many parts of the world, living kind of part time in its own country. Some famous medical doctors in the area of nutrition and holistic medicine, and movie starts, owns houses in Thailand. The most well known are Deepak Choppra and Angeline Jolie.

Famous and very rich people owns homes in many parts of the world, living kind of part time in its own country. Some famous medical doctors in the area of nutrition and holistic medicine, and movie starts, owns houses in Thailand. The most well known are Deepak Choppra and Angeline Jolie.

It is impossoble for Jolie to "own" a house in Thailand.

Marc Faber lives in Chiang Mai

OB

So he does... lives near me in Nong Hoi.

But he ain't too friendly I'm told.

Gotta appreciate the fact he is completely bald and still rocks a pony tail.

OB

Bald with a pony tail? Oh god that looks so stupid

• Thanks 1

Brian Jacks lives near Pattaya. All round decent guy.

Who??????

Some bloke who used to be good at judo who was shagging a pretty tidy swimming bird. Famous for five minutes sometime during the last century.

good at judo and i seem to remember won superstars(?) tv sports challenge programme - i was still a kid, he did loads of pull ups or push ups or something... seemed like a nice guy.

• Like 1

I do not want to be disparaging, but if you had fame, and wealth what would be the compelling reason to live here? Many of us live here for a variety of reasons. In my case there is a financial element. I can have a better life here on my limited budget, than I can elsewhere. If I did not have those limitations things might be different. I might live somewhere else. More than likely I would at least spend a sizable portion of each year in other countries, enjoying my homes around the world. Also, the fame factor gets them the kind of treatment we cannot avail ourselves of, typically. So, again I ask, why would they live here?

Certainly not for financial services.

OB

Marc Faber lives in Chiang Mai

OB

So he does... lives near me in Nong Hoi.

But he ain't too friendly I'm told.

Gotta appreciate the fact he is completely bald and still rocks a pony tail.

OB

Bald with a pony tail!!!

I understand now why i shouldn't have listened to him and put all my money in gold and silver...