Enquiry about an area in Udon Thani

Datebayo

I was just talking with a friend on some text message app, now here comes the beauty, it uses the wonderful iOS location service which displays the exact location everywhere around the globe. I see my friend is on the location called '' adunyadet alley 4 and alley 5 in Udon Thani. The unfortunate part is, there is no google street view of Udon Thani(!). <deleted> is wrong google? Even nong khai has..

Anyway, does someone know this street or even know the exact alley of this street? I checked google but all I can see is that it's like a sukhumvit ''farang ghetto'' street in Udon Thani?

Are those alleys the ones with the bars and brothels?

Adunyadet road is just a central road in Udon, there are malls, hotels, restaurants and also some bars everywhere around it. It's just "downtown Udon", nothing more, nothing less.

Checked your forum profile on a hunch - bingo.

These mobile apps are a curse and need to be used very carefully.

I don't understand why location services are not turned off by default and used selectively by apps asking for permission every single time such as "would you like to add your location to your post?"

Yuck.

Adunyadet Soi 4 and Soi 5 are mid-way up a busy main street (Adunyadet) on the north edge of downtown. Adunyadet has a lot of restaurants, salons, hotels and other commercial businesses. Top end of Adunyadet has some local night clubs. These actual sois have a mix of residential and commercial units that include guest houses and low-budget lodging.

You can spot a Sukhumvit "farang ghetto" from a simple google search? Awesome!

There are no streets with 'bars and brothels' in Udon Thani any more. The brothels were mostly on Adunyadet 7, other side of the street. The closest you get to a farang ghetto is Samtampanit @ Prajak and that's about 10-15 minutes walk from the location you speak of.

Why you checking on your 'friend'? Maybe you think too much.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the concern.

I am checking on my friend because I have the highest safety and well-being concern for my friend.

So I guess the soi's 4 and 5 are sois with apartments or hotels and some restaurants. So I guess my friend was just visiting some establishment/hotel there...

I am checking on my friend because I have the highest safety and well-being concern for my friend.

So I guess the soi's 4 and 5 are sois with apartments or hotels and some restaurants. So I guess my friend was just visiting some establishment/hotel there...

NT Apartments on Soi 3, Suksan Mansion on Soi 5, Ruysuk Guesthouse opposite Soi 6...

There's even a big 7-eleven there.

You don't need to be worried, bars in Thailand provide high levels of safety and well-being clap2.gif

• Like 1

You don't need to be worried, bars in Thailand provide high levels of safety and well-being clap2.gif

Okay, good to know :)