Repeating Theme At Tv

t.s

I have even had a member of this forum sending me PMs and adding little comments on threads saying that i am a former banned member who has come back as a different name. This guy has even been PMing other members saying this.

Now how sad is that?

Might it be true ? :o

Clearly

Case in point.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, though if this is the general thought of the locals i will go else where.

I joined this board to help with advice to people and gain knowlege from other members, however there is a small minority who seem to think because they have met some fellow members in person that they have the right to abuse those they have not whos points of view differ from theirs and when they get the same treatment in return they start calling people trolls or calling mods to ban them or get the thread closed down.

It should be noted that infact if you read the post history of such users around 60 percent of the posts they have made over the part 2 months would be considred breaking Thaivisa rules. ie, flaming or pointless comments.

Childish? yes, Petty? yes, Annoying? Slightly, Sad? most certainly.

Thank you, sir. Well and truly said.

There's something about Thai boards that seem to attract the kind of folks you describe, certainly to a degree that you seldom find on boards devoted to almost any other subject. These guys appoint themselves experts on this insignificient little country, then devote themselves energetically to rubbishing those who give advice or express views different from theirs. Naturally, since they are the experts on Thailand, what others know or think has little value. And they seem compelled to express their distain for others in the mostly laughably self-righteous ways. Quite odd.

It is a good point .

If someone wants to find a home for a dog he / she should not be flamed . However if someone is attacking another member they should be called out as the troll they are . This really could be a fun and friendly forum if people treated each other here as if they were talking to each other face to face .

you hit the nail on the head my bro, and ill tell you the answer to that very top comment you made.

the reason people attack people on this forum in a horrid way is because they are lacking in brain matter and cant think of a witty or humorous response. :D

they like to stick the knife in to try and wound the poster because they are hiding behind there bloody computor screen. :D

they would never talk face to face in this manner as they could possibly end up in bum rung grad hospital. :D

mate, if you need any more help to sort things out dont hesitate to call as im the guru of this forum. :D

besides that im polite and respectful to all punters. :D

cheers mate :D:o:D

In my opening post i said that i would drown the pup next week if i did not find a home for her.

Regards.

Lacoste.

One of the major problems with intenet forums, is that it is often hard to read a person's true meaning and intent from a typed post.

The use of emoticons helps to alleviate that, to a degree. :o

How ever, when someone makes a statement like the one above from Lacoste, without clarification of his true meaning and intent, many, if not most, would assume he actually intended to drowned that puppy.

This i would have never done, it was mearly a way of conveying an urgency to the request.

In this case, by the time the clarification of his intent was made, the damage had already been done.

For various reasons, many of Lacoste's recent posts are fresh in the memory of some members. When one combines statements from other posts (i.e. how much his monthly expenditures are), with the callousness of the first quote, it can easily cause a lot of people to take a dim view of the person in question.

In another forum, a new member asked if there were any "non-seedy" places to go in Pattaya. Many people immediately assumed this to be a troll post from another Pattaya basher. It took a number of posts to finally work out that that member wasn't a troll, but was asking his question based on questionable information given by a 3rd party.

Another major problem is that these forums contain a lot of anonymous people. If you know a member personally, or have interacted with them over a period of time, then you are more likely to view his/her posts in a different light than those made by someone you don't know.

Not much different than meeting people for the first time. First impressions and all that.

Some people easily get along with others right off the bat.

Other people need time to "warm up" to new friends. Still others (like me ! :D ) grate you from word one and things never seem to improve.

We are just one large community, living in cyber-space and, for the most part, having "virtual" relationships. Not all of us are going to get along with everyone else, but some will get along better than others.

And just like in real life, if there are people that you don't get along with, you don't normally go up to them and stick your face in theirs at every opportunity. You avoid and/or ignore them.

OK, lecture over ! Get out there and have fun !

i recon your a top sort kat and where having a drink in october.

trouble is that you got to much bleeding brain matter for a lot of these punters but i love you.

cheers kat and your a cracker sort. :D

going back to the original comment, the over the top aggro (emphasis on the over the top rather than run of the mill) probably is keeping many good people from posting.

Personally I learn a lot from TV and would like to see more factual news, (not meaning the news storys which JD does well) without all the fluff. For example a forum on 'Best corrupt cop shakedown story' , where people put down their experiences without all the comments.

If people want to have a bit of a brain wrestle, why can't an area be set up just for that. eg 'Friday flame war'.

going back to the original comment, the over the top aggro (emphasis on the over the top rather than run of the mill) probably is keeping many good people from posting.

Personally I learn a lot from TV and would like to see more factual news, (not meaning the news storys which JD does well) without all the fluff. For example a forum on 'Best corrupt cop shakedown story' , where people put down their experiences without all the comments.

If people want to have a bit of a brain wrestle, why can't an area be set up just for that. eg 'Friday flame war'.

friday flame war is a very good idea my top and learn'ed friend.

it could aleviate some of the aggro punters pain and give us a giggle as every person would be aware that its only a laugh ?

55 points to you fella and i think the mods should consider this proposal as its makes lots of bleeding sense.

cheers mate :o

[]

Are you English Noodles?

I feel this is the comment that kicked it all off again before, fuelled of course, by the drowning statement, it didn't help to think that I thought, 'Noodles', was a great name for a dog found on the street!

Whatever the history, surely the puppy thread which has been barked out over several threads should now quiet down to a whimper, instead of dogging many threads and setting many people off biting at each other.

Just an idea.

Good Luck

Moss :o

[]

Are you English Noodles?

I feel this is the comment that kicked it all off again before, fuelled of course, by the drowning statement, it didn't help to think that I thought, 'Noodles', was a great name for a dog found on the street!

Whatever the history, surely the puppy thread which has been barked out over several threads should now quiet down to a whimper, instead of dogging many threads and setting many people off biting at each other.

Just an idea.

Good Luck

Moss :D

It was all down to the drowning statement :o