French man found hanged in Koh Tao with his hands tied behind his back – foul play suspected

Lite Beer

Can we be spared photos of the deceased.... if they have not already been posted to facebook, that would be an improvement. Does anyone know if his next of kin has been notified and the name of the deceased.

And while i'm making requests, someone slap the reporter how is this a murder suicide??? Is there another corpse or evidence this person snuffed out another life shortly before their own??

I agree. Please don't post images of this poor chap hanging.

I will allow the image of the tied wrists but nothing more than that. Other mods may feel even this is too much and may remove these too.

Whilst I agree, I've not seen any photographs of said corpse and wouldn't click on any links to them either. I also have not seen ONE photograph of the murdered couple. They're very easy to avoid if you ignore your baser instincts whistling.gif and simply don't access them. Who'd want to have those images in their heads defeats me blink.png

The photos of this poor chap hanging have been posted by members and then removed by mods.

You are quite right, there's no reason to show such images here.

Folks, please show so restraint, respect and sense when posting images of crime scenes on this forum. Thanks

Agreed. I only put up a cropped image of the hands to show he could not have tied those

knots himself..

• Like 1

Can we be spared photos of the deceased.... if they have not already been posted to facebook, that would be an improvement. Does anyone know if his next of kin has been notified and the name of the deceased.

And while i'm making requests, someone slap the reporter how is this a murder suicide??? Is there another corpse or evidence this person snuffed out another life shortly before their own??

I agree. Please don't post images of this poor chap hanging.

I will allow the image of the tied wrists but nothing more than that. Other mods may feel even this is too much and may remove these too.

Whilst I agree, I've not seen any photographs of said corpse and wouldn't click on any links to them either. I also have not seen ONE photograph of the murdered couple. They're very easy to avoid if you ignore your baser instincts whistling.gif and simply don't access them. Who'd want to have those images in their heads defeats me blink.png

The photos of this poor chap hanging have been posted by members and then removed by mods.

You are quite right, there's no reason to show such images here.

Folks, please show so restraint, respect and sense when posting images of crime scenes on this forum. Thanks

Agreed. I only put up a cropped image of the hands to show he could not have tied those

knots himself..

Well I wanted to see that.I want to see the ties. What's wrong with that? ?

Ever tried to tie your own hands behind your back? Why would anybody even consider it is suicide because of that?

Suicidal hanging cases where the victim’s hands were tied behind his back, thus preventing any attempt to save himself, are extremely rare .

Ever tried to tie your own hands behind your back? Why would anybody even consider it is suicide because of that?

Suicidal hanging cases where the victim’s hands were tied behind his back, thus preventing any attempt to save himself, are extremely rare .

Very common though when they used to lynch blacks in the US

and it is reported that such cases could be mistaken for homicidal ones.

As of 2012 the population on Koh Tao was 1.382. It may be more now, but I can't find more recent data. It's safe to assume that the population is pretty low and many people will know each other. While other areas like Pattaya and Bangkok (or New York ,London wherever) will also have its share of murders...per capita, I would think Koh Tao might just be the one of the most dangerous places on earth right now.

How many murders/suspicious deaths of westerners have there been in the last few years? Seems like a few too many for such a small population.

http://population.mongabay.com/population/thailand/6698659/koh-tao

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

Interestingly enough it is not uncommon for people to tie their hands behind their back before hanging themselves -- some also tape or cover their mouths. It is a way to make sure they go through with the act and don't try to free themselves or scream out.

Speculation JTJ - look at the photos, read the above posts that describe the scene, and then post something relevant to this death.

It was only a matter of time before TVs very own RTP shill and Koh Tao apologist turned up.

Do not feed the troll.

And who are you? You have some facts to offer ?

I yet have not heard enything else then rumours. Yet you and moust idiots have it all solved and nuking the island, good point there about Pattaya and Phuket wich i believe moust of you commenting live with your rent girlfriends drinking chang and making world more stupid one comment by time.

That wasn't the point , which you missed. This is another suspicious death.

As for your other assumptions, i have a proper job (apologies), i dont drink Chang and i dont have a rent a GF.

I don't live in the places you mentioned.

How's your divemaster job?

I dont dive.

also dont know enything about this case exept rumours wich are all strongly pointing towards suicide. But i leave speculation as like said dont know what have happened only hear say. I heard from meny tho he would of tryed suicide before succeeded by trying cut wrist open with out succeeding on first attemp and that next of him finally succeeded police found note written on French.

Here's interesting article about

Subject.

http://www.academia.edu/903627/Precautions_Taken_to_Avoid_Abandoning_the_Act_of_Hanging_and_Reducing_Pain_in_Suicidal_Hanging_Cases

• Like 2

Without a) the lacerations in the body cool.png the photos of the deceased c) the prior MO given by a person, graphic enough to match the scene or d) a mystery frenchman providing a testimony on prev. mentioned related case - I'd given some benefit of doubt for the situation. So far the original leaks came from (Khaw or ข่าว) Thailand Online, and a Burmese democracy blogger - the photographer is still unknown. There appears to be some officials one might want to have a word in the background of the photo with the hands tied behind his back (included)

attachicon.gifaskfromthese.jpg

Jabis, my memory is getting frail, but did I not recently read that there was a witness to the recent Koh Tao murders and that this was a Frenchman?

Or am I imagining that?

Originally it was reported (wrongly) that Sean McAnna was French

No. The papers said there was a Frenchman in protective custody. People assumed it was Sean. They thought the cops or papers had the nationality mixed up.

Later Sean said he was never in protective custody so people assumed the whole news story was wrong. And there never was a Frenchman or anyone held in custody. I really don't know. But that could well be the Frenchman. ? Curiouser and curiouser ?

• Like 2

I would guess people who are murdered then staged to look like suicide happens more times here than we'd like to think. RIP.

Why would they leave the hand tied....dead giveaway....

The killers were trying to make a point...that's my take on it. Loose lips sink ships get you hung. Sounds a lot like the threats make during the last murders there.

yeah all foreigners come here to suicide.. we all jump from balconies and hang our selves... (sarcasm)

seriously you guys don't wanna do something?? foreigners need to stand up and create a group that will work hand in hand with the autorities of our countries.. or just colonize and take this country as they're all so scared of..

seriously that's whats gonna happen oneday if they keep on like this.. what they think,, they can kill all foreigners who yell at them for extreme dangerous driving or small arguments during a new year party..

come on thais!! you guys are not animals!!! right????

i know they are scared of foreigners for what happened in the past but its finish..!!!. its past and some of us were not even born when these genocides and colonization happened..

asians have a huuuge problem forgetting the past.. Chinese wanna kill their own people together with Japanese, Thais wanna kill French, English and British. Myanmars wanna kill Thais, Thais wanna kill Myanmars..

Damm are we in the middle east or something..???

i think i might just be the one who's stupid to think asia is difrent than the middle east....

Edited by MJP

Anyone see the link in these crimes? Majority of recent victims are young, white , male and could be deemed good looking by some. Is this a jealous hi-so on the Island? Someone that feels he can do whatever he likes? Someone who gets angry when the western women go with the young western men?

Just speculating. Although I will not accept that this was a suicide. That is clearly ridiculous. Are foreigners being murdered on Koh Tao? Yes. Does this Island have a population far too low for this many incidents? Yes. Do most of the victims have something in common? Yes.

Could be serial killer on koh Tao. Not saying the Burmese aren't guilty, but were they acting on behalf of someone else? Something isn't right on Koh Tao and it's not stopping.

Stay away!

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

Village headmans son have left Kt already yesterday !

RoyThaiPo... will release video of his university survillance cameras within 2 weeks,

to show , that in time he were already in bangkok ;

Another source already told,

DNA from the rope, which matches with some rohings already on the way to bangkok;

Two stupid questions (apologies in advance)

1. How in the world does one tie one's hands behind one's back... that would seem to require some Houdini-like dexterity
  2. How does one put a noose around one's neck with one's hands tied behind one's back?

There's obviously a lot for me to learn in this world...

if you were going to hang yourself, tying your own hands would be a "good idea" as it prevents you from changing your mind and scrabbling for the nose whilst you're hanging there.....to do this would also be easy - you tie your hands in front and then step through....once suspended you will be unable to reverse the process.

one presumes you would have prepared the noose and chair before tying your hands.

Edited by wilcopops

further inspection and now foul play suspected the BIB are just razor sharp not a lot goes past them even ruled out suicide already RIP to the Frenchman and sincere condolences to his family and friends, hope the police do manage to frame/ catch someone for this crime and not blame the tourist for his own hanging .

There has been a cleanup going back to page 8 of a general flame toward other members, quite a few posts have been removed.

Please stay on the topic of the thread. That means addressing the issues presented in the post, not in making comments to or about other posters. Doing so is off-topic and your post will be removed and you could face a suspension.

You have every right to express your opinion about the topic. You may disagree, but it must be done in a civil manner.

• Like 1

Two stupid questions (apologies in advance)

1. How in the world does one tie one's hands behind one's back... that would seem to require some Houdini-like dexterity

2. How does one put a noose around one's neck with one's hands tied behind one's back?

There's obviously a lot for me to learn in this world...

1. Do agoogle for " hung with hands tied behind his back" and you will find that there are more cases like this outside Thailand, and where there was no doubts that it was suicide.

2. Quite easy, just put your head in the noose, and with your body weight added to it it will tighten by itself.

Islandlife won't let that get in the way of his Koh Death apoligist stance.

He's already made a number of unfounded allegations against people who question Koh Death.

He will probably accuse you of bring a sexpat. Seems the MO from Koh Death is to attempt to discredit anyond who questions the shitty little island

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 2