Help Pinay Live in Phuket

Hi,

I'm a Filipina who wants to know her options in starting a career in Phuket.

First question, if I go to Phuket on a 30 days visa exemption, what are my options to extend my stay without returning to my country?

Or if I get an ed visa, what are my options?

Any suggestions on credible schools or best course to take?

Is there anyone who tried the TEFL course in Phuket and actually get a job after?

I am a graduate of computer engineering but my work experiences were in call center as technical support/customer service representative and printing company as production planner. Do you think I have edge in finding a job? Do you know any online jobsites or usual workaround in finding a job in Phuket?

Please share all your experiences. Hope to hear advise from anyone soon!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Pinay

You can arrive on a visa exempt entry and get a 30 day extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht,

It would be best to get a tourist visa before traveling that would give you a 60 day entry that you can extend for 30 days.

You can go to any nearby embassy and consulate to get a tourist visa.

I cannot help you with the remainder of your questions.

It amazes me that so many Filipinos/Filipinas come to Thailand for work. I understand that the Philippine economy is bad - but why come to Thailand where the entry level salaries are so low . I think much better to send out resumes for jobs in Australia/Europe/U.S. Although the hurdles are much higher, the payoff is much better. Thailand is a horrible place to seek entry level employment - Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong have much better earning potential - Thailand is just not the place. IMO

• Like 2

You can arrive on a visa exempt entry and get a 30 day extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht,

It would be best to get a tourist visa before traveling that would give you a 60 day entry that you can extend for 30 days.

From previous threads I thought that Filipinas had some difficulties getting a two entry tourist visa in Manila which is I assume where she is now.

Is there a limit in using extension per year?

Thanks for replying

From previous threads I thought that Filipinas had some difficulties getting a two entry tourist visa in Manila which is I assume where she is now.

I wrote tourist visa I did not mention anything about a a 2 entry visa. I understand even a single entry can be difficult but not impossible.

It amazes me that so many Filipinos/Filipinas come to Thailand for work. I understand that the Philippine economy is bad - but why come to Thailand where the entry level salaries are so low . I think much better to send out resumes for jobs in Australia/Europe/U.S. Although the hurdles are much higher, the payoff is much better. Thailand is a horrible place to seek entry level employment - Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong have much better earning potential - Thailand is just not the place. IMO

I agree with you but this is not about where I can get better pay. :))

• Like 1

Thanks for replying

You can only get one extension per entry. You will have problems staying here on visa exempt entries.

You best option is a tourist visas until until find another option.

Going to school to learn Thai would also be a good option.

I wrote tourist visa I did not mention anything about a a 2 entry visa. I understand even a single entry can be difficult but not impossible.

I'm not in the Philippines now and I'm 80% sure I can be in Phuket without much difficulties. Is the extension a one time thing or not?

Thanks for replying

You can only get one extension per entry. You will have problems staying here on visa exempt entries.

You best option is a tourist visas until until find another option.

Going to school to learn Thai would also be a good option.

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of going there on 30days visa exempt then stay for 15days to look around for schools or jobs. Go to Singapore to process any visa I can possibly have. If school or job is not an option, I'll get 60days visa then use the extension. Is there anyone here who have experienced getting visa in Singapore? Is it possible to get visa from there on tourist status? Thanks lots

You can get as many 30 day extensions as you want but you can only get one per entry. You have to leave and re-enter to get another one.

Getting any visa in Singapore can be difficult.

They have denied a tourist visa because a person had just left here.

A ED visa at the moment there is not possible unless are attending a school full time. Language studies wound not allow for one.

Penang in Malaysia for tourist visas is OK. But not for ED visa for language studies because the have raised the number of hours needed to high. Other visa are also OK with the proper documents.

Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos is good for all visas at the moment.

You can get as many 30 day extensions as you want but you can only get one per entry. You have to leave and re-enter to get another one.

A ED visa at the moment there is not possible unless are attending a school full time. Language studies wound not allow for one.

I got a non-b visa in Singapore last month and found the process and staff to be very welcoming and easy to work with. No difficulties at all.

I got a non-b visa in Singapore last month and found the process and staff to be very welcoming and easy to work with. No difficulties at all.

You must of caught them on a good day or were lucky.

There have been many reports of people having problems there. They are not always consistent with their requirements.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Just to let you know if have send u a PM...

Hi Metapod! What's your nationality? Were you in Singapore as tourist when u got your visa? What are the requirements they asked you? I've read that they require document with 6 months valid stay in Singapore for foreigners (work permit, S-pass E-pass) but I'm not sure if it really applies to all.

Hi Metapod! What's your nationality? Were you in Singapore as tourist when u got your visa? What are the requirements they asked you? I've read that they require document with 6 months valid stay in Singapore for foreigners (work permit, S-pass E-pass) but I'm not sure if it really applies to all.

As said, Singapore is not a good place to obtain Thai visa. The best choice is Vientane or Savannakhet, Laos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I just want to share my experience in getting tourist visa.

I recently went to thailand for 2 weeks with visa exempt then went to Singapore to get the tourist visa for 60days.

The Thai embassy in Singapore only asked for completed visa form with passport size picture, my airline tickets not exceeding 60days stay in thailand and 50sgd. I just told the nice muslim lady I'd be on holidays. It only took less 5minutes to talk to her and she asked me to come back the next day.

I just took my passport from the embassy now, visa approved!!! ???

Thanks for the info everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

As preparation, please advise me on how to extend my 60days tourist visa to another 30days. As you've mentioned I can go to local immigration and pay 1,900 Baht, but when is the best time to do it? And is there any other requirement?

Thanks! ;)