Manager of Popular Tourist Attraction in Pattaya killed in Rayong road crash

webfact

Manager of Popular Tourist Attraction in Pattaya killed in Rayong road crash

fire-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Saturday three people were killed as a pick-up truck collided at-speed with a Mercedes Benz car fitted with an LPG tank which exploded upon impact.

The crash occurred on Highway 36 in the Map Ta Put area in Rayong Province on the Pattaya-bound carriageway.

Witnesses saw the car being driven at a high rate of speed and erratically and came into contact with the slower-moving pick-up truck which was known to have been driven by Khun Sunan, the General Manager of Nong Nooch Gardens in Jomtien. He was known to be returning to Pattaya following a business trip to Rayong.

When the two vehicles came into contact, an LPG tank in the boot of the Benz exploded causing both vehicles and its occupants to become engulfed in flames.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/162912/manager-of-popular-tourist-attraction-in-pattaya-killed-in-rayong-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-05

The tank was in the boot of the Merc, which rear ended the pickup truck.

I'm sure the tank was installed properly. blink.png

If the pickup truck rear ended the Merc, ok, maybe a reason for it to ignite. But the other way around?

So many vehicles with LPG tanks exploding in Thailand. They are rolling bombs. But it seems, nobody is concerned about it.

Think everybody looks at it as a calculated risk to be able to run your car cheap.

I know i will never let any of these crazy's install a gas tank in my boot... w00t.gif

......'....known to be....'.....does this imply that it was not random....???

........................no it doesn't.................................it implies that................what was stated.................was fact......................

Edited by Sviss Geez

......'....known to be....'.....does this imply that it was not random....???

No, it’s stating the facts, used here in a loose sense, known to the reporter: the car was supposedly driven by Khun Sunan on a his return trip from Rayong to Pattaya.

But I think you knew this already... wink.png

I can see the front of the truck and the front of the car head on so why did the tank in the boot explode?

Ive fitted lpg in the uk and it has to have 3 safety cutoff valves in the system (1 on the tank itself) plus the tank being bolted to the vehicle.... im guessing they dont bother with that here?

Benz makes some NGV vehicles don't they? Maybe this was an OEM Benz that exploded.

These Mercedes E210 models weren't available as OEM NGVs but they are well known for severe corrosion affecting the front suspension mountings which can cause the suspension to collapse. That could result in what has been described as erratic driving preceding the collision and could possibly be a contributing factor to this accident.

I can see the front of the truck and the front of the car head on so why did the tank in the boot explode?

Ive fitted lpg in the uk and it has to have 3 safety cutoff valves in the system (1 on the tank itself) plus the tank being bolted to the vehicle.... im guessing they dont bother with that here?

Not unlikely that the impact caused fuel pipes to be broken leading to a fire leading to the tank's exploding?