Question On 30 Day Extension Stamp.

I plan on arriving in the LOS in December and stay for approximately 85 days. Before I get my airline ticket I thought I would check with the board here to make sure that when entering the country you can still get a 30 day extension stamp at the airport to extend a normal 60 day tourist VISA, and in effect make it a 90 day VISA. If this is no longer the case then perhaps I will need to get a non im B VISA. Please advise me as to what the current situation is and the best course of action I should take. Thanks in advance for your considerate reply.

I plan on arriving in the LOS in December and stay for approximately 85 days. Before I get my airline ticket I thought I would check with the board here to make sure that when entering the country you can still get a 30 day extension stamp at the airport to extend a normal 60 day tourist VISA, and in effect make it a 90 day VISA. If this is no longer the case then perhaps I will need to get a non im B VISA. Please advise me as to what the current situation is and the best course of action I should take. Thanks in advance for your considerate reply.

If you mean getting an extension at the airport when you arrive, that is not (and never has been to my knowledge) possible.

However, you can apply for an extension to your 60 day Tourist Visa at any Immigration Office just before the 60 days are up.

If you mean getting an extension at the airport when you arrive, that is not (and never has been to my knowledge) possible.

However, you can apply for an extension to your 60 day Tourist Visa at any Immigration Office just before the 60 days are up.

Thanks Noel! Is a 30 day extension pretty much automatic or is it possible that I will only get 10 or 15 day extension thereby making my return ticket unusable? TIA for your reply.

Thanks Noel! Is a 30 day extension pretty much automatic or is it possible that I will only get 10 or 15 day extension thereby making my return ticket unusable? TIA for your reply.

If you've got a tourist visa then a 30 day extension is normal. Don't worry about your return flight.

Regards,

Geoffphuket

Nothing to be concerned about whatsoever, you will almost certainly get a 30 day extension with ease as to do so is commonplace.

Have a good trip. :o

Nothing to be concerned about whatsoever, you will almost certainly get a 30 day extension with ease as to do so is commonplace.

Have a good trip. :o

Thanks again Noel and thanks to Geoffphuket as well. I will go ahead and purchase my airline ticket with confidence.