Thai Army: 'Don't fear night troop movements'

webfact

Tanks to roll in for Children's Day
By Coconuts Bangkok

tanks.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Army officials have moved to calm any fears people might have when they see a wide range of armaments roll into Bangkok on Thursday.

The army is moving military equipment into the capital for a Children’s Day exhibition on Saturday, Col Sirichan Ngathong, the army's deputy spokeswoman, said.

Armoured cars, tanks, artillery pieces, Humvees, tanks, rescue vehicles and helicopters will be moved from various military bases to the capital.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/06/tanks-roll-childrens-day

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-06

What a joke, moving all that stuff for Children's day. Do they have no idea what the military actually is; is it something to amuse children. Seriously, you have to worry about people's sanity and logic sometimes.

It is not only the "children playing with guns" factor I was pointing out. The fact that they have to move a lot of stuff takes up budget and manpower. Do they seriously have nothing else better to do?

Some sort of major manoeuvres just for Childrens Day is a bit of a joke.

What a joke, moving all that stuff for Children's day. Do they have no idea what the military actually is; is it something to amuse children. Seriously, you have to worry about people's sanity and logic sometimes.

It is not only the "children playing with guns" factor I was pointing out. The fact that they have to move a lot of stuff takes up budget and manpower. Do they seriously have nothing else better to do?

Actually, they don't have anything better to do and they need to get that equipment out and stay current with it and not let it rot in place.

What about clowns, face painting, carnival atmosphere, food stalls, the feeling of being happy on a special day?

Yeah some kids may enjoy the military, but sounds a bit of an overkill or are the little children going to develop a subversive movement and overthrow the government? Well anyway just in case.......cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They want to make sure that the kiddies paraphrase and recite the 12 Core Values under the gun and tank cannon attached to them ON Children's day..... ,.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwhistling.gif

Yes celebrate children's day with guns tanks RPGs etc etc.

That's the way forward general!

It's just an exhibition, a show, something that children find interesting and exciting, that's all. It happened every year for many years and is very successful.

• Like 2

"...moving all that stuff for Children's day...is it something to amuse children."

On this one particular day of the year, yes it is, traditionally. And they're not moving all of it.

Seriously, some posters sanity and logic has to be questioned sometimes.

• Like 2

Kids love to play on tanks and military vehicles on children day, I think i's a good thing.

Children also love to touch dogs and cats no matter how rabies-infested they are.

Children also love to swallow those colorful betablocker pills

children also love to run across the street to embrace Mum on the other side without looking

Get my logic?

I seriously doubt anyone does get your hideous logic and if they do then they need treatment of some kind. You really think a military equipment show is going to endanger children's lives? Nutter.

• Like 1

you dont have childrens , I guess !!

I guess you do not have kids? Well, at least not under 18.

My kids prefer to go to Dream World, Siam Park, Mc Donalds

and top of the list, Disneyland

but sure not visit museums, sitting on weaponry or watching

ping-pong shows.

Where's Disneyland in Thailand?

What do you see as the museum and ping-pong show connection?

It's certainly not the military that's the joke with the Children's Day exercise, it's those indignant posters who have nothing better to do than to criticise a harmless activity. There are no manoeuvres involved, it's a show of military equipment, that's all.

Edited by Sviss Geez

CHILDRENS DAY - A THAI PROPAGANDA OPPORTUNITY TO BRAINWASH ITS YOUNGSTERS INTO XENOPHOBIA

Yes, yes, you got it, the only poster to realise what it is realy all about, well done. Now go and take the rest of your medication and stop shouting, you're giving the other inmates headaches.

• Like 1

Build a playground with all the politically correct nanny approved play items, and park an old tank or field gun next to it, and watch where the kids head for. Political correctness, like racial hatred and religious intolerance, has to be learned, and much more effectively instilled while they are young.

• Like 1

It's certainly not the military that's the joke with the Children's Day exercise, it's those indignant posters who have nothing better to do than to criticise a harmless activity. There are no manoeuvres involved, it's a show of military equipment, that's all.

Suppose you see this as a joke as well?

Off course, children love guns, especially if they are between 9 and 14!!!

"Teach children young, if they survive, they will become perfect soldiers" Naaa?

post-155312-0-95020700-1420530169_thumb.

Edited by JoeLing

There was a redback on the toilet seat,
When I was there last night.
I didn't see him in the dark,
But boy I felt his bite.
I jumped up high into the air,
And when I hit the ground.
That crafty redback spider,
Wasn't nowhere to be found.

Just seemed to fit, somehow.

I dont have a problem with the soldiers enjoying themselves on Children's Day. I find it difficult to fathom why there is a Children's Day at all. Is'nt every day Children's Day? it certainly seems that way in my home wink.png

• Like 1

Weapons of any description are NOT toys and children should be kept away from them. It is sending out all the wrong messages. Peace is the only way forward if this world is to survive!

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Still true after hundreds of years.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is something that has been done every year. Even last year this time they told the protesters not to fear this accumulation of armor in the city. Why should this year be any different?

Ummm.... because of the recent military coup, abolishment of the Constitution, the nation still under martial law, and the military cabel rules the nation? Those are big differences I'd say.

I will never understand why there is so much military located in the city, it is literally the last place you need it and the worst place to have it.... but hey.. i'm sure they know what they are doing.

It is no wonder they boys come out to rule, there is just no barrier of distance between them and Bangkok, military divisions at hand.. ... not healthy,

Because, as is usual in dictatorships, the main function of the army, especially, is not to defend against external threat.

It's main functions are:

1. To protect the regimes centre of power.

2. To suppress demonstrations against the regime.

3. To impress and intimidate the civillian population.

The regimes centre of power, the usual venue for demonstrations and a significant number of the population live where?

• Like 1

I will never understand why there is so much military located in the city, it is literally the last place you need it and the worst place to have it.... but hey.. i'm sure they know what they are doing.

It is no wonder they boys come out to rule, there is just no barrier of distance between them and Bangkok, military divisions at hand.. ... not healthy,

Because, as is usual in dictatorships, the main function of the army, especially, is not to defend against external threat.

It's main functions are:

1. To protect the regimes centre of power.

2. To suppress demonstrations against the regime.

3. To impress and intimidate the civillian population.

The regimes centre of power, the usual venue for demonstrations and a significant number of the population live where?

Don't forget, human (civilian) shields for external threats is pretty common too sad.png