how many REAL social contcts do you have?

Crazy chef 1

Get mine through sports participation...a few close friends socially and some chats with neighbors.....we are not bar people and are both relaxed and quiet people.....neither of us craves attention and I get my dugout humor fix from the sports......

I don't work from an office, in fact I don't work at all and I am generally online non stop.

Having a laugh on TV is a release from the stress of my piles.

I'm pretty lucky though, as I work with nobody, so that has some advantages, as well as disadvantages. I have no network of social contacts from Football and Cricket teams, or any good friends who live fairly close by, who we never have got to know over the last few years. I also count a few friends from TV who I never meet up with when they are in my area, or I am in theirs. Certainly not socially isolated at all.

• Like 2

I don't work from an office, in fact I don't work at all and I am generally online non stop.

I'm pretty lucky though, as I work with nobody, so that has some advantages, as well as disadvantages. I have no network of social contacts from Football and Cricket teams, or any good friends who live fairly close by, who we never have got to know over the last few years. I also count a few friends from TV who I never meet up with when they are in my area, or I am in theirs. Certainly not socially isolated at all.

Clown. 5555555

• Like 2

Costas2008, on 06 Jan 2015 - 09:13, said:

Could be worse you could still be in Greece. Maybe you'll need to go back soon when they are kicked out of the Euro and start printing confetti.

Could be worse you could still be in Greece. Maybe you'll need to go back soon when they are kicked out of the Euro and start printing confetti.

According to a very wise member on TVF...........I'm Thai.

So why would I want to go to Greece?

I don't know how it is with you country mates but i got a few Germans here around but listen to them is mostly a nightmare...World champions in complaining and lecturing...Thailand is crap..TH could learn from us...TH need our advise...TH has to change... f$$ck them ...i left the old country for exactly those rasons...let Th as it is and just enjoy it...don't want to be social with these kind of people...

Edited by Crazy chef 1
  • Like 1

According to a very wise member on TVF...........I'm Thai.

So why would I want to go to Greece?

to see wonderful Santorini in real not just in Cha Am...555

• Like 2

I don't know how it is with you country mates but i got a few Germans here around but listen to them is mostly a nightmare...World champions in complaining and lecturing...Thailand is crap..TH could learn from us...TH need our advise...TH has to change... f$$ck them ...i left the old country for exactly those rasons...let Th as it is and just enjoy it...don't want to be social with these kind of people...

worse than poms? incredible

Poms/Brits are compaired like innocent virgins...

Poms/Brits are compaired like innocent virgins...

they whine pretty good around here

Half a dozen.

We meet up regularly for beer and enough chat to right the worlds wrongs.

One is helping me move on Monday. Another is looking after my m/c while I am away. One baked not one but two cakes for my g/f when she expressed her like of cakes.

They are helpful guys.

I find the Germans loud blowhards that think they are superior that plays just the opposite....Brits are a complainy type of whiney but at least have a humor about themselves....

brits whine to farang AND consider themselves superior to thais.

• Like 1

Too many real contacts....dropping by all the time, annoying the living crap out of me.

I suspect a lot of the time the women want to admire my good looks and striking physique and the lads want to catch the scraps.

It surprising I get any time to post online really.

I agree, and I now think virtual friends are the way to go. They are much easier to control than the annoying flesh and blood type. Besides, I get more than enough admiration simply standing in front of the mirror. wink.png

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

Too many real contacts....dropping by all the time, annoying the living crap out of me.

I suspect a lot of the time the women want to admire my good looks and striking physique and the lads want to catch the scraps.

It surprising I get any time to post online really.

I agree, and I now think virtual friends are the way to go. They are much easier to control than the annoying flesh and blood type. Besides, I get more than enough admiration simply standing in front of the mirror. wink.png

It's easy to see why.....very hansum.

I don't mind blood and flesh visitors, it gives me the chance to practise my leg sweeps and forearm takedowns and the occasional choke hold.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I find the Germans loud blowhards that think they are superior that plays just the opposite....Brits are a complainy type of whiney but at least have a humor about themselves....

Brits like to stand in queues.

And if there aren't any available, they will stand by themselves until someone falls in behind them and form their own queue.

That's what we do.........................wink.png

tongue.png

Piles Costas???? Piles of what? Money?

The only farang I see in Thailand is my neighbour Rob, when he is here. The nearest farang apart from him is about 40 minutes away in Phon Cheroen, but I don't know his name.

I like Rob. He was my neighbour in Coffs, and introduced me to my wife.

Ooops, have to go; my wife is calling me for dinner...

• Like 2

My wife and daughter are the center of my social life.

Beyond that I get by on a social diet of brief interactions with Thais which usually last less than half an hour. Over many years of these interactions, I feel there are many Thai people locally who know who I am.

My concept of friendship has changed a lot since moving to Thailand. I no longer think of a friend as someone who I can tell my dark secrets to or trust with my ATM card. I think of a friend as someone who enjoys interacting with me and we have some common interests.

I don't have any farang friends in Thailand mainly because there are very few in my immediate vicinity, and the few that are here don't seem to be very receptive to even saying hello on the street. Also, there is a lot of turnover with the foreigners who live here. Many leave the area after divorce, health problems, accidents, or deciding that living in a small village is not for them.

I show up at the open markets early before the crowds get there and talk to the vendors a lot. I talk about my family, food, cooking, field questions about life overseas, that sort of thing. A lot of these vendors I think of as friends. I also interact with teachers and students at school, and am friendly with most of my neighbors. My wife has about 50 relatives in town who she is related to by blood or marriage. Many I only see on occasion, but because I am part of this family, they are always friendly to me. If I want to talk, I can always go over to where my wife's immediate family lives.

I know some will say this is a spartan social life, but I feel satisfied with my social life here. I feel much more socially connected and supported here than I ever did back home.

best of 2015 so far...same for me and HAPPY