What can you get for 99 baht?

mrtoad

There's a chain that sells Japanese style goods in that kind of range.

Just asked Mrs. Smile. She says it's called "Diso" and costs only 60 baht per item.

So there you go - just saved you 39 baht.

The big question on everyone's mind is why Mr.Toad is asking? Minds are racing with the possibilities...

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Roid rage?

I had heard your a smart guy.. disappointing as roid rage is almost non existent. I have yet to see fights at gyms (one would assume that is where all the roid users are). However I have seen loads of bar fights. So an other feeble attempt to put someone down.

As your other suggestion I am a roid user cheesy.gif Id be a lot bigger then.

Come on Rob, lighten up a little

I heard you was a big lad, so stop being coy.

He's a big boy, but I'd arm wrestle him.

99 baht says I'd win.tongue.png

You are not small either :P and it depends if you try to arm wrestle before or after Hoegaarden. After my chances go down.

• Like 1

any 69 0r 99 Baht breakfasts in CM?

Rimping do a breakfast for 69bht, at Maya shopping Mall (or was it 59bht?).

Sausage King do a 99bht all day breakfast, which was pretty good last time I went.

I was told you didn't mind an old mouldy sausage or two for brekkie......u sly dog you :D

I eat hi-so brekkie, I can't stand the B.O. of the farang chefs in those 99 baht joints.

99 baht will get you many a limp, forlorn 'breakfast' in grimy grindhouses around Pattaya. For that you get to sit and watch the pensioners, cheapskates and TEFL set dribbling their food all over their Singha vests before kicking off over the 1B change never coming....

All part of the experience....

More and more it looks like you are a reinvented member......who ? TTBKK maybe....anyway...you have joined the club.....again...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A hand job on Beach Road.

Which lady-you know her personally ...............I might be interested alt=rolleyes.gif>

Lady eh?

How conservative for Beach Road........................rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

any 69 0r 99 Baht breakfasts in CM?

Rimping do a breakfast for 69bht, at Maya shopping Mall (or was it 59bht?).

Sausage King do a 99bht all day breakfast, which was pretty good last time I went.

I do a 18 bt oatmeal breakfast every day.. hmmm oh forgot to calculate for the tea i take with it cheesy.gif

99 baht will get you many a limp, forlorn 'breakfast' in grimy grindhouses around Pattaya. For that you get to sit and watch the pensioners, cheapskates and TEFL set dribbling their food all over their Singha vests before kicking off over the 1B change never coming....

All part of the experience....

More and more it looks like you are a reinvented member......who ? TTBKK maybe....anyway...you have joined the club.....again...

The Breakfast Club?

• Like 1

Before too many 'Nomads' get carried away by wildly excited thoughts of 'bargains'; few places offer free wi-fi for their 69/99B and expect you to sod orf once you've done eating or before virulent food poisoning kicks in and you pooh your lycra shorts, (and that includes time spent waiting for your 1B change).

• Like 2

In the UK they have pound shops, where everything is a pound. Does Thailand have an equivalent?

Yes. 20 baht shops. They sell lots of cheap household items. Plates, containers, cleaning items, etc.

Just look for a big 20 on the sign in front of the shop, if it has tons of cheap plastic stuff inside you've probably found one.

Do they sell food?

I suggest to get out more often my dear man.

• Like 1

Nancy any 69 0r 99 Baht breakfasts in CM?

Depends on what you like for breakfast.

Down my way I often visit the several noodle cafes in the area that open from 6.00am and in those it is possible to buy a bowl of yellow noodles with chicken or pork and a bottle of pop all for 40 baht. In the farangy places the prices are probably more up to 89 to 99 baht. Over the years I have become used to eating Thai style foods in the mornings.

As regarding the pound shop equivalents, usually there are the Daiso stores that accompany the Rin Ping supermarkets. All the goods in those stores, 60 baht and like the pound shops most of it is junk. Then there are the local markets that often sell even more assorted junk for 10 baht to 20 baht. There are similar shops that sell the cheap goods downstairs of the Big C supermarkets.

ignis, on 06 Jan 2015 - 11:01, said:
ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:22, said:

No idea about CM, but around where I live Thais eat the same more of less every meal, most open around 5 am, 20 - 30 baht gets a good meal..

So yes you could have all your daily meals for 99 baht, or breakfast 7 days a week for 140 baht.

[been often but just before they close at midday, red + crispy pork with rice a big meal for 25 baht.]

We are talking about English breakfasts. Bacon, eggs and sausages. Thais don't try to scam their customers either by selling for 24 baht or 29 baht.

I doubt whether it is even possible to buy these ingredients for 69 baht or 99 baht, let alone buy for those prices in a cafe.

It`s a grander life here for those who can adapt to the Thai lifestyles.

Indeed, but unlike you, in all your self imagined Thainess, Some folks can't all metamorphasise into Thais and prefer to eat what we know to break our fasts of a morning.

I used to enjoy the Noodles of a morning until it became like planning an invasion of Eastern Europe just to get a bowl of Noodle soup how I like it.

"Khao Tom Moo" was a better option but seems on the wane in popularity these days....

• Like 1

ignis, on 06 Jan 2015 - 11:01, said:

ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:22, said:

No idea about CM, but around where I live Thais eat the same more of less every meal, most open around 5 am, 20 - 30 baht gets a good meal..

So yes you could have all your daily meals for 99 baht, or breakfast 7 days a week for 140 baht.

[been often but just before they close at midday, red + crispy pork with rice a big meal for 25 baht.]

We are talking about English breakfasts. Bacon, eggs and sausages. Thais don't try to scam their customers either by selling for 24 baht or 29 baht.

I doubt whether it is even possible to buy these ingredients for 69 baht or 99 baht, let alone buy for those prices in a cafe.

BJ, I have it on good authority that these 99 baht foods of the gods do exist.

Beetlejuice, on 06 Jan 2015 - 23:28, said:
ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 11:04, said:

Well BJ the quality of the ingredients has been brought into question. I wonder what they make those loo-chins out of?

Well BJ the quality of the ingredients has been brought into question. I wonder what they make those loo-chins out of?

Thems what think that they have become 'Thai' will eat any bowl of 30B slop to try and reinforce their self imagined metamorphosis from low paid TEFL teacher to self styled "Pillar of the community"..you couldn't make it up unless you are one of them that puts 'POLICE" stickers on your car.....

I need a wee but am laughing so much now; at Mr 'I eat Noodle Soup so I am more Thai than you"........I bet he runs around 'wai-ing' everyone in sight as soon as he sees another White man near him to show how 'Thai' he has become.....

• Like 1

Thems what think that they have become 'Thai' will eat any bowl of 30B slop to try and reinforce their self imagined metamorphosis from low paid TEFL teacher to self styled "Pillar of the community"..you couldn't make it up unless you are one of them that puts 'POLICE" stickers on your car.....

I need a wee but am laughing so much now; at Mr 'I eat Noodle Soup so I am more Thai than you"........I bet he runs around 'wai-ing' everyone in sight as soon as he sees another White man near him to show how 'Thai' he has become.....

You are surely putting your mark on this topic....close for comfort...?

You are surely putting your mark on this topic....close for comfort...?

Have I touched a nerve you have to reel out your 'alter ego' mr BJ instead of replying directly? You really have become Thai...

Edited by ThePlant

Indeed, but unlike you, in all your self imagined Thainess, Some folks can't all metamorphasise into Thais and prefer to eat what we know to break our fasts of a morning.

I used to enjoy the Noodles of a morning until it became like planning an invasion of Eastern Europe just to get a bowl of Noodle soup how I like it.

"Khao Tom Moo" was a better option but seems on the wane in popularity these days....

That`s not a problem nor am I criticising anyone who prefers western foods. Even I, with all my Thainess at times have to go and indulge in a farangy meal, at least about once a week. I also enjoy some of the farangy meals available at the Rin Ping supermarkets, especially the curries and meat pies, but these are no bargain buys.

It just means that those who prefer the western lifestyles and can`t tolerate the average Thai foods must expect to pay more, probably even more for their food than in their home countries. For those who can afford it, have the choice, but I have a genuine fondness for Thai food that I would much prefer rather than a Crap Donalds or a KFC that is disgusting food.

It just means that those who prefer the western lifestyles and can`t tolerate the average Thai foods must expect to pay more,

Indeed, my excellent chap, however getting a whacking salary/package is part of the joy of being here for me; I don't have to spend time hunting down 69/99B breakfasts or hanging around for the change either...nor do I have to wax lyrical about the 'joys' of filth filled 30B Noodle soup.....

Edited by ThePlant
  • Like 1

It just means that those who prefer the western lifestyles and can`t tolerate the average Thai foods must expect to pay more,

Indeed, my excellent chap, however getting a whacking salary/package is part of the joy of being here for me; I don't have to spend time hunting down 69/99B breakfasts or hanging around for the change either...nor do I have to wax lyrical about the 'joys' of filth filled 30B Noodle soup.....

Considering you are rich and described me as excellent and that I am worthy of such compliments, I am beginning to like you.

Yes, I agree, some of these noodle cafes are so filthy that even the flies give them a wide berth. But over the years I have found 2 or 3 decent clean and trusted noodle cafes. As the wise man says; seek and you will find. As I said; for those who don`t mind paying more to have what they enjoy, good luck, but the theme of this thread is about buying western type foods for less money and I am saying; for the price of 99 baht the options are going to be extremely limited.

• Like 1

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, I bet...........................rolleyes.gif ......................coffee1.gif