F1 2015

Mosha

Interesting to see the Redbull's being so competitive when the going was traction limited - all this talk of it being "the package" and Renault suggesting at times it wasn't just their engine at fault, pretty much just got blown away. The RB chassis is clearly just as competitive as it's ever been.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to say the celebrations were marred by "Bad Attitude", must have been a lot of door banging at the team hotel last night... sad.png

What is so disappointing the driver know very little of the race, only what they see and come up with a lot of conclusions straight after the race before even seeing some of the highlights of the race, I am not sure what bugged him, was it:

• The overtake on turn one? everybody knew Lewis would if he got level, lewis had the speed, momentum and advantage going into turn one and he would not be giving up the racing line.
  • First tyre change? Lewis was in the lead when the call was made.
  • Second tyre change? this season is just going Lewis's way, he could fall in the proverbial and still come out smelling of roses, nobody knew that Kvyat was going to crash out just at the right time for Lewis, though given the the conditions there was obviously a high chance of another safety car (real or not).
  • Lewis getting too close forced an error? Or may be he was instructed to take a dive...

One thing for sure it was a exciting race to listen to, (sorry to say it was not live on TV and had to wait till 10:30pm in the UK and with the clocks going back the previous night I fell a sleep before even the formation lap),

Pity really I thought both drivers had matured somewhat this season but seems I am wrong...

Interesting to see the Redbull's being so competitive when the going was traction limited - all this talk of it being "the package" and Renault suggesting at times it wasn't just their engine at fault, pretty much just got blown away. The RB chassis is clearly just as competitive as it's ever been.

Agreed, put a good engine in the RB, and then replace Ricciardo and Kvyat with Verstappen and Sainz, and they'll be unbeatable!

Talking about Verstappen; rumors are that Ferrari would only give RB/TR an engine, if they could have Verstappen. RB declined. But maybe after yesterday's good performance of Sainz, they may let Verstappen go now. He will then replace Raikkonen, and RB will have a choice who to put in the first team, all having a good shot with a Ferrari engine in the back. The only obstruction may be Vettel who may not like to have Verstappen as 'second driver'...

Agreed, put a good engine in the RB, and then replace Ricciardo and Kvyat with Verstappen and Sainz, and they'll be unbeatable!

Talking about Verstappen; rumors are that Ferrari would only give RB/TR an engine, if they could have Verstappen. RB declined. But maybe after yesterday's good performance of Sainz, they may let Verstappen go now. He will then replace Raikkonen, and RB will have a choice who to put in the first team, all having a good shot with a Ferrari engine in the back. The only obstruction may be Vettel who may not like to have Verstappen as 'second driver'...

I'd put Ricciardo and Verstappen together in the prime team - give both of them a competitive car, and you're going see more action on-track than we've seen in a long time. Both of those guys have an edge, a way to find more speed, a thirst for success, that I just don't see in Sainz and Kyvat.

I haven't seen that rumor - but I have to say It would seem unusual for Ferrari to want to take on such a young & inexperienced driver - Massa was their youngest at 24, and had 3 seasons with Sauber, plus a stint as a Ferrari test driver before he was given a seat.. and it seemed like an unusual move at the time.

Back to Ricciardo and Verstappen - in the right car, I'd see the former taking one or two championships before the latter - but once Verstappen matures a little more - both as a driver and a technician (referring to car setups) - he'll be the man to beat.. IMHO :)

Edited by IMHO

Was I the only one to be disgusted at the behaviour of Rosberg after the race. he has shown himself to be very immature and very childishand Toto Wolff needs to have a few words with him about his childish behaviour. Even if he thought that lewis was a bit too forceful at the first corner he should have been professional enough to leave it till after the cameras had stopped rolling especially as the race meant \lewis had won his third word championship title and his second back to back. I used to have a high regard for him as a driver and a team mate but that has now all gone

watch the cry baby here

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2015/10/26/1707531466151577584/640x360_1707531466151577584.mp4

Well done Lewis and look forward to a new season next year to start to catch up with Michael

Was I the only one to be disgusted at the behaviour of Rosberg after the race. he has shown himself to be very immature and very childishand Toto Wolff needs to have a few words with him about his childish behaviour. Even if he thought that lewis was a bit too forceful at the first corner he should have been professional enough to leave it till after the cameras had stopped rolling especially as the race meant \lewis had won his third word championship title and his second back to back. I used to have a high regard for him as a driver and a team mate but that has now all gone

watch the cry baby here

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2015/10/26/1707531466151577584/640x360_1707531466151577584.mp4

Well done Lewis and look forward to a new season next year to start to catch up with Michael

No, not the only one. There's one thing that Rosberg just doesn't seem to get - as an F1 driver, you're not just racing on Sunday, you're building your "brand"..

These guys are celebrities whether they like it or not, and the better they manage their own personal brand, the more fans they'll have, the more camera time they'll get, the more sponsors they'll attract and keep happy. They are also brand ambassadors for the teams and their sponsors. Compare him to Ricciardo on this front - if the RB team did fall apart, you can bet other teams would be tearing up existing contracts to get him... Look at iceman - since his return there's only been a couple of moments of brilliance - he has that chair because of his fan base. Ditto for Button - he got that seat (by a thin margin) based on the fact that Williams knew he would act like a gentleman in the face of diversity, and would continue to be a good brand ambassador even at the back of the grid - if/when Honda/Williams get their car competitive, you can bet Button won't have a seat anymore...

I can't see Rosberg's contract being extended again, and I also can't see any other teams wanting him either - there's plenty of great drivers waiting for his seat...

Edited by IMHO

IMHO....... Button drives for McLaren ? which has the Honda engine. William has the Benz engine and is nearer the front end.. or maybe your thinking of old timer Massa who drives for Williams ?

I was thinking Honda/McLaren - it's just that my fingers typed something else tongue.png Not enough coffee's before I posted biggrin.png

Anyways, I strongly believe the reasons Button got the seat this year are because he's such a great diplomat - and they knew that Alonso would't be able to hide his frustration so needed someone to help balance brand sentiment out. That's not to say that Button isn't a great driver - but he lacks the aggressiveness and desire of the younger ones, and is unlikely to return to the front end of the driver's championship - even in a competitive car, IMHO of course :)

Edited by IMHO

Nico on pole again...

Can he win this time? big question...

Nico has stated that he is still angry with Lewis...

Nico Rosberg says his anger at Lewis Hamilton's driving in the title-deciding US Grand Prix will not change his approach to Sunday's Mexican GP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34690835

I would have thought it would have all blown over by now, as far as I know no one has said Lewis was wrong to pass Nico the way he did other than Nico.

My guess is if Mercedes do not want their drivers overtaking on bends they will be told if they have a team mate close behind they will have to open up the gap or let them pass, without endangering the car, engines or running low on fuel.

Even though Mercedes have the constructors title the still want maximum point from this race... likewise Lewis still wants to win this race...

But it would be nice for Mercedes to have the Constructors and First and Second Drivers Championship's at the end of the season, and probably that's what Mercedes wants so maybe Lewis has been told to support his team mate more.

The prick who wandered onto track at the Singapore F1 has been given a six weeks prison sentence.

Has been in custody since the "rash" act so will probably be deported shortly.

What a knob.

• 4 weeks later...

Well F1 finished for few months.

Nico winning the last 3 races to give him his first career hat trick, also meaning that next year it could be a rather more open contest, particularly if Red Bull get there hands on some Mercedes power units...giggle.gif

Mercedes certainly have the best power unit not just in performance but in reliability too...

No chance of Red Bull getting Mercedes engines - the deal is done, they'll be racing with Renault engines again next year - read today's interviews with Bernie who confirms the deal - not Christian who's still trying to keep it secret ;)

Anyways, the only change next year is, well, not much. It seems we have another year of the Mercedes works team breezing to victory,Ferrari filling out the final podium spot, and everyone else racing in their own little league.

Lewis signed a 3 year contract earlier this year...

On Sunday he found himself overruled, he was being kept down by the team, he was acting like a school boy on the last day of term, he wanted to push the boundaries but was not allowed to do so...

One thing I am sure of Mercedes will not be as dominating next year and in 2017 Lewis may well be seen looking round the paddock for pastures green... or red.

Lewis signed a 3 year contract earlier this year...

On Sunday he found himself overruled, he was being kept down by the team, he was acting like a school boy on the last day of term, he wanted to push the boundaries but was not allowed to do so...

One thing I am sure of Mercedes will not be as dominating next year and in 2017 Lewis may well be seen looking round the paddock for pastures green... or red.

He likes America and a challenge before he is to old so Nascar.