F1 2015

Mosha

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny how when Red Bull were winning every race and had to have pit men standing around the cars to prevent pictures being taken of the exhaust it was OK.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner believes an independent adviser could help improve Formula 1.
With Mercedes again dominating this season, the sport has been criticised for a lack of excitement.
And Horner feels an experienced F1 figure, such as former Benetton and Ferrari chief Ross Brawn, could help the sport in the future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33227143

Hardly see Ross Brawn as being impartial... facepalm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic race, great how the Williams boy took the lead...

And a dummy run by the pit stop boys that would be more appreciated at Twickenham, sure we will hear more on that, (apart from Toto having to sleep on the couch tonight).

And with a little of the British weather to add to the excitement.

Edited by Basil B

Bloody weather. The rain came at the end of the race both there and here. I lost the signal just as Rosberg was leaving the pits. It had been a great race up until then. So I got changed and we went to the last night of a local funeral.

Only one team after... 9 races and 10 qualifying:
  • Both cars finished every race this season
  • Both drivers on the podium this season
  • Won 8 out of 9 races so far this season
  • Only dropped 16 points out of a possible 387
  • 9 poles out of 10
  • 8 out of 10 front row lockouts

Never have so many records been broken since the Luftwaffe bombed the HMV factory...

post-20091-0-22313600-1437858313_thumb.j

Edited by Basil B

Should have kept my mouth shut...

Anyway...

Well done McLaren, Both drivers finished ...and in the points.

Even both Manor cars finished.

Ferrari and Red Bull benefit from a bad day by the Mercedes duo at the office, no doubt LH & NR will be spending the next 4 weeks practising grid starts...

I also enjoyed a lot the race, it was really great. Pity tat Rosberg didn't finsh 2nd or 3rd at least. Would be better for the championship, but it is fine, the race was great anyway. Now a long stop until Belgium's race.

.jpg

looks like Red Bull and Renault are going for a messy divorce...

Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz said last month that Renault's lack of performance was draining his "will and motivation" to stay involved in F1.
It's a fact that Renault are struggling, with both reliability and performance below par. Now there are rumours that Red Bull are seeking a different engine supplier for next season.
Renault Sport boss Cyril Abiteboul admitted he, too, has heard the rumours but said he has "no accurate information" as to whether they are true or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33674638

But who will want to supply Red Bull?

It would be far too short notice for a new engine supplier and I can only think of one current engine manufacturer who would want to supply Red Bull (& Toro Rosso), and given McLaren's performance this year I would have thought the RB teams would prefer to stick with Renault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gents for my sins I watch F1 on UBC True Visions

For many years channel 690. Now 'SEEMS' to have moved to channel 680 and not shown at times when it happens.

Is there an alternative system available, Sky was mentioned in one post.

Any help appreciated.

john

So both McLaren-Honda will start at the back....

For Belgium - McLaren-Honda - Fernando Alonso (30) and Jenson Button (25) handed grid penalties for taking on new components as part of Honda's upgraded power unit.

ESPN.CO.UK

Nico has 190mph/300kmh high speed blow out...

Very lucky not to end up in the barriers, more amazingly the on-board rear facing camera shows the start of the tyre break up with flailing cord some time before the tyre disintegrated.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/8/fp2---rosberg-top-despite-tyre-drama-in-belgium.html

The BBC were quick to pick up on the flailing cord with a spectacular replay, more amazingly David Coulthard interviewed Nico as he left the pits and was able to tell Nico what happened, Nico was amazed and said his engineers had not seen the playback.

So from my TV, UBC, the first showing of Belgian GP is on Channel 680 on Monday.

john

Is UBC not True ??

shows 18:00 Race Day

18:30 - 21:00 Main Race Live

channel 689 Fox Sport 2

Do not have [use mix of internet and Kodi whatever in the best HD picture on the day] but use True Vision as a TV Guide

So from my TV, UBC, the first showing of Belgian GP is on Channel 680 on Monday.

john

Is UBC not True ??

shows 18:00 Race Day

18:30 - 21:00 Main Race Live

channel 689 Fox Sport 2

Do not have [use mix of internet and Kodi whatever in the best HD picture on the day] but use True Vision as a TV Guide

Of course UBC is True Visions and as you state it's on fox sports 2 at 18.00.

post-118612-14402999459362_thumb.jpg

Vettel a bit p***ed off...

Wonder why everybody except Vettel were on at least two planed stops???

Well after his outburst slagging off Pirelli (luckily for the BBC it was not live and were able to delete his Anglo Saxon expletives), to add to his woes, it seems the the Stewards may well want to talk to him about failing to present himself for weighing after the race.

In the old days of F1, not so long ago really they made tyres that could last a whole race and were super sticky as well. The trouble you have today is that the powers that be in F1 have decided to slow the cars down. They have told the tyre company to come up with sets of tyres that degrade after a certain amount of laps in the mistaken belief of making the racing more interesting when it actually does the opposite. I can see where vettel is coming from here. It is one thing to have to slow down and not push too hard as the tyres have gone off but to have them disintegrate is another thing altogether. As he said if this had happened a little bit earlier the accident would have been a bad one.

ferrari decided that the only way they could keep position and get on the podium was to stay out on the soft tyres expecting them to go off and have to slow down and not push as hard but never to expect them to suddenly explode.

The last thing we need now is a rerun of when they refused to race in America over the dangerous tyres a while back.

On a different note I see Rosberg got away with speeding up during the virtual safety car laps which Lewis pointed out but was just ignored. The only man capable of stopping Lewis this year is well and truly rattled at the moment.

It was also great to see a Lotus on the podium as well considering the grief they are going through at the present time