Renewing British Passport - how? email Trendy?

I got to https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports to get info about getting a new British passport., press the link to get to this page https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

then get back to the original page.

How the hell do I find out about this place I have heard about called Trendy?

I have 3 months left on my passport.

Do I have to make an appointment at this Trendy place? I see nothing on the Govt website about it.

What's their email?

What to do if I don't have a credit card?

Thanks for any answers, I know there is a 90 page thread but I can't find the answers after 30 min of reading.

• Like 1

You should end up here.... https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/renewing_new/adult

Everything you need to know is there.

Use a debit card then, or maybe better find a friend with a credit card.

Thai Debit Cards generally do not work with HMPO, since payment is deducted at HMPO Liverpool not Bangkok.

Payment for your UK passport/courier fees is taken in the same manner as it would be for a mail order purchase in the UK, so PIN number/OTP methodologies do not work.

Credit Card (or UK debit card) is the way to go, else Kasikorn Bank have a virtual debit card product that works fine with the HMPO payment system.

• Like 2

"You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment."

• Like 2

Do I need to get my yellow book translated?

Can I show something else as proof of address that is written in English?

Thanks

House book translation is probably ok, but note that the HMPO regulations state that the document supplied should be less than one year old, so the yellow house book might not cut it.

Here is an alternative list of acceptable documents which was issued by HMPO:

Tax record e.g. letter from tax authority

Educational record e.g. school report

Employment record e.g. official letter from your employer

A letter sent to you from a central, regional or local Government department

National identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)

Visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

Where none of the above is available consideration may be given to bank statements, utility bills or their equivalents.

Any documents that are not in English must be fully translated by a person who is registered to an official organisation or trade body for translators or employed by a recognised translation company. The translation must be attached to the original document and signed to confirm it is a true copy of the original.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot y'all.smile.png Very helpful indeed.

Not sure why they need my address in English as they won't be sending it. I guess translation of my yellow book will be 100 baht or so.

Actually I have moved house recently and have some document from the UK Pension people for my old address, maybe I could use that and pretend I didn't move.

What about Christmas card envelopes?

This might help.

I got mine renewed - because it was full - in 2 weeks; from the day I went there to the day they emailed me it was ready, this was mid December 2014.

I emailed on Thursday afternoon for a Friday appointment because I only had 6 weeks on my visa. 20 minutes later the email came in to confirm.

Regarding the proof of address I simply took 2 copies of my visa page in the passport (you need to have every page scanned in colour to apply) and signed it, this was fine. This was my back up as I had also taken my car (Toyota) purchase agreement but it was in Thai. So I just said I have a visa, it's in English and proves I live here. She asked a superior and they said it was fine.

Used a UK credit card.

I wrote on the form - and mentioned in person - that I needed a quick service because I only had 6 weeks of Visa remaining.

Much, much easier than I thought to be honest and only had to wait 10 minutes when applying and picking up the Passport. I was worried I wouldn't get it for 6-8 weeks!

If you need any more info let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

This might help.

I got mine renewed - because it was full - in 2 weeks; from the day I went there to the day they emailed me it was ready, this was mid December 2014.

I emailed on Thursday afternoon for a Friday appointment because I only had 6 weeks on my visa. 20 minutes later the email came in to confirm.

Regarding the proof of address I simply took 2 copies of my visa page in the passport (you need to have every page scanned in colour to apply) and signed it, this was fine. This was my back up as I had also taken my car (Toyota) purchase agreement but it was in Thai. So I just said I have a visa, it's in English and proves I live here. She asked a superior and they said it was fine.

Used a UK credit card.

I wrote on the form - and mentioned in person - that I needed a quick service because I only had 6 weeks of Visa remaining.

Much, much easier than I thought to be honest and only had to wait 10 minutes when applying and picking up the Passport. I was worried I wouldn't get it for 6-8 weeks!

Surely the Visa Page in your passport didn't show any address, so I am astonished that HMPO accepted this, particularly if it was a visa, not an Extension of Permission to Stay..

Can you provide any more information on this aspect?

^^

So it seem that all they want to know is whether or not you live in Thailand. It would be a waste of money getting a translated yellow book.

I think I'll just take a few bills that are written in Thai but wih my name on it. Or possible i could tak my mortgage contract, which is in Thai.

This might help.

Used a UK credit card.

Surely the Visa Page in your passport didn't show any address, so I am astonished that HMPO accepted this, particularly if it was a visa, not an Extension of Permission to Stay..

As far as I am aware of the requirements it does say a "current/valid visa within the past year" - so that's what I used. It was an ED visa.

This might help.

Used a UK credit card.

As far as I am aware of the requirements it does say a "current/valid visa within the past year" - so that's what I used. It was an ED visa.

Perhaps my language / knowledge is not great, it was a 1 year ED visa/extension.

This might help.

Used a UK credit card.

Yes in post #12 visa or resident permit, colour photocopy