Bar girl expectations: How realistic?

MagnumForce

Hua Hin has a lot of people that would like you to think they are wealthy.

A guy with only a million dollars US can live like he's rich in Hua Hin.
Non way. For the sake of keeping it simple a low risk bank rate is 5% very roughly , thats only 50 k a year before tax and then you gotta pay rent blah blah

Off topic, but .........

$1M divide by 20 convert to Baht = 138,000bht a month with no interest.

How old are you, how much longer do you expect to live?

I happily live on less than half that, and have no expectation of living another 40 years.

(Then add in interest .... 3%)

$1M = easy living 40 years, rich living for 20 years.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

well there one born every minute, there mugs getting off the plane all the time, there's probably some T V members here that are paying these silly sums of money to say they have a wife or girlfriend ...................you all know who you arecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If a guy can afford to lay out that cash and both are happy, great. It's a sad reflection on the social system where wealthy kids go to private schools and have more than they can ever squander, while the not-so-fortunate can only work menial jobs, make a pittance, and the only way out for them is to be lucky and meet a Prince Charming. When equal education comes around, if ever, there will be a level playing field. I've met and spoken to many a bar girl who were really decent people. They don't enter this trade for the glamor and excitement. But when they have no other choice except to work some crap-ass job twelve hours a day seven days a week with one day off a month what are they going to choose. This place needs some major changes in the system. It's sad because the bar girls and people lugging around sunglasses and somram are the nicest people you will meet here. The real urchins are the well off who are spoiled, corrupt in every way imaginable, and think they are it.

• Like 2

It's clear and simple.

You just met most stupid one.

And on top of it lazy one.

I know one in los who is cleaver to save money to have realy not bad life for kids and she put them in good schools and they live in really nice simple house because of her work in bar.....

She does not go to witch doctor...

She has own brain.

I can assure you she is vwry very pretty and super shape and she refused to gi with me even I am her type.

Reason..?

She don't trust me as farang.

She said that she must see good output in her plans towards her kids living in los and not uncertain life somewhere else.

That's why I value her character and friendship.

Edited by gigman

Hua Hin has a lot of people that would like you to think they are wealthy.

Non way. For the sake of keeping it simple a low risk bank rate is 5% very roughly , thats only 50 k a year before tax and then you gotta pay rent blah blah

Off topic, but .........

I happily live on less than half that, and have no expectation of living another 40 years.

one glaring error...Inflation will gobble it up.

Other thing is you may have a kid or kids, Im sure you will feel the need to pass on what you can.

Other thing is you may have a kid or kids, Im sure you will feel the need to pass on what you can.

Would not a CD cover inflation? Especially with a coup every few years to keep inflation down.

Off topic, but .........

Inflation is mostly irrelevant, major purchases are now cheaper than they were 20 years ago (in the west).

Cars, houses, fuel, electrical goods ...... cheaper.

Only food costs are rising ...... and they are a small percentage of most people's total spend.

As for wanting to be giving money away after death, only if you are a fool.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

There are definitely some stupid people who would offer her this. However, people are becoming the wiser and many will tell her to get stuffed. I have to sit back and laugh at the people who come here, fall in love with a bar girl during their 1 weeks holiday and start sending them money. You wouldn't send a whore money in your own country plus buy her a house, car, bike, look after her mum, dad, brother sister, uncle, aunty plus all her kids….. so why the hell would you be stupid enough to do it here.

Been with my partner for 4 years now. Never once has her family ever asked me for money. I am the one who suggested that the daughter live with us as a family unit. Together we pay for the clothes, food, daughters school etc. But every baht is accounted for and nothing ever goes missing. Yes, I have money and the family knows this, but they are just happy that I take care of my partner and the daughter as I would if I was with a partner and daughter in my own country. No different.

• Like 2

I think it might be better for some of these older guys to get themselves into a nursing home, after watching that new movie "Gerontophilia" and start enjoying a new lease of life, rather than going for some of these old ex bar slappers!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815717/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Looks like it might be a rather nice alternative in later life as opposed to being scammed, ripped off, murdered!

555!

Inflation is mostly irrelevant, major purchases are now cheaper than they were 20 years ago (in the west).

Cars, houses, fuel, electrical goods ...... cheaper.

Only food costs are rising ...... and they are a small percentage of most people's total spend.

As for wanting to be giving money away after death, only if you are a fool.

This is getting off topic and for another forum so my last post and your welcome to reply. I think your so far off the mark. In Asia where its relevant the cost of living has exploded , in Australia housing is reaching record highs every year, try buying in Cambodia Phnom, river front compared to only 5 years ago. The asking price in Bangkok for new condos in desirable areas is off the planet.

Your 1 mill wont get you far after inflation is Asia and so far as leaving money for family its subjective and foolish to label it foolish

Thailand is not the West. Stop thinking in Western terms comparing bargirls to prostitutes in the States and Europe. The fact that she dreams of buying her mother a house tells you a lot about her. A slim chance, but I hope it works out for her.

These gullible men who buy Thai girls houses,cars etc. make things difficult for poorer men like myself. They expect these riches from everyone.

Mind you, I have never met a man who can prove he has given gifts like this. Maybe,it is all big talk. He has a few beers then boasts about his generosity. If he can prove it then he is a complete mug for being conned. What did Barnam the circus guy say? "There s one born every minute". Or could the girl be boasting and fibbing?Or maybe,the guy has been living in a log cabin in the Canadian rockies for the last 50 years and is completely naive.

And by the way, many a bargirl is just the nice girl next door looking for a farang... smile.png

And there was me thinking they were mostly hardened and manipulative prostitutes.

(Which may be your 'girl next door', but aren't mine)

+1 Post of the day!

well there one born every minute, there mugs getting off the plane all the time, there's probably some T V members here that are paying these silly sums of money to say they have a wife or girlfriend ...................you all know who you arecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why do you care who they are? If they have the money and can afford it, and they are happy..go for it.

Is there actually somebody who would willingly pay these amounts for a girlfriend/wife?

Unfortunately for the sane ex-pats...there are those that would and do give all their worldly goods...accumulated over a lifetime to live with a Thai woman...

This fuggs it up...for the those who take a more rational approach to the Thais marketing their fine puzzy...

You can have an excellent time in Thailand with NSA...No strings attached...

Protect your wealth...if you give it all up...you may find yourself broke...broken...and alone...and no one in Thailand will give a sxxt about you...

I cant think of anyone i know back in pattaya with a wife/long term g/f who isnt paying out a fortune to have them sat po-faced (bored) next to them in a bar.

Im sat on thai mums drive in my bus while the g/f is getting her own house built. And shes buying the beer cos im sorting the land out.... no doubt someone will be along now to find some fault with this....

Three Thai ladies I know, both married foreigners.

One was a bar girl in Phuket, guy bought two houses for her (age 42 now, still looks good, he's about 67).

One was a divorced housewife, guy gave her 10Mbht and all his pension every month, (age 45 now and plain, he's about 70).

One seems respectable, but cheats, guy bought her 3 houses, and a business worth about 10Mbht (age 40, still looks good, he's 66 and not well at all)

All been with their women 5-10 years.

Plenty of elderly foreigners throwing their life savings and pensions at younger Thai women.

I do not think it is limited to old farangs. I know off-shore workers who have spent millions of baht on their ladies; and their ladies, well, the ones who don't cheat would be hard-pressed to earn a living from a job in a bar. What's the old adage, "You pays your money and takes your choice"?

• Like 1

I do believe a Thai girl will choose an older man over a younger man as they automatically assume the the older men have more money. Obviously it is not always the case that the older men have more money, there are plenty of well off younger guys living in or visiting Thailand.

Even given the choice of a young handsome well off guy or an older guy, not as handsome but with the same wealth they will choose the older guy, because he would be expected to die quicker ! Money number 1, 2 ,3 4 etc. My Thai wife told me this years ago. I have been married 10 years so have a lot of experience. Have lots of friends with Thai wifes so I see everything that goes on. They are the most jealous people in the world, so jealous of friends that have more than them.

I have a handsome 45 yr old friend who has been married to his 38 yr old Thai wife for 8 years, she has a Thai friend who is about 35 yrs old. About 5 years ago this 35 yr old was married to a real handsome fit looking Uk fireman of a similar age to her. For whatever reason the relationship did not work out and they went their separate ways. The 2 girls lost tooch but now she has come back on the scene with a 70 yr old guy and my friends wife is so obviously jealous of her freind, she is even saying how proud she is of her friend ( for catching an older guy who they wrongly believe is very well off, she made sure he's for keeps by quickly getting pregnant to him ). Money is number one to them, the older you are the better as your natural life expectancy is less.

Its not an immpossible dream, I have known a Thai girl for 14 years not a bar girl college grad ex- teacher..In the time I have known her she has amassed a small apartment building , a townhouse , internet cafe , large 3 bedroom home in Issan, a new car, and rescently a coffee shop and restaurant with 3 different guys. And she wasn't as pretty as a student of hers I dated.

I would mention the name but don't think thats allowed but there is an American on this site who spent over $140,000 USD on engagement and wedding and lost another $60,000 in business with a Thai girl that according to him tried to have him killed later.

Is there actually somebody who would willingly pay these amounts for a girlfriend/wife?

Unfortunately for the sane ex-pats...there are those that would and do give all their worldly goods...accumulated over a lifetime to live with a Thai woman...

This fuggs it up...for the those who take a more rational approach to the Thais marketing their fine puzzy...

You can have an excellent time in Thailand with NSA...No strings attached...

Protect your wealth...if you give it all up...you may find yourself broke...broken...and alone...and no one in Thailand will give a sxxt about you...

I don't understand. If you don't want a gold-digger, isn't it good that some chaps with more money than sense take them off the scene? Or are you looking for a gold-digger on the cheap? Maybe, for you too, your wealth is your most attractive asset, despite being more Dick Whittington than Donald Trump

To many idiots do these things hence the expectations, i have resided here over 20 years & idiots come here all the time & X amount do this it is not her fault but the idiots that do, be cheaper for them to buy a blow up doll, but there are dumb m fukkers born every second, say no more

These gullible men who buy Thai girls houses,cars etc. make things difficult for poorer men like myself. They expect these riches from everyone.

Mind you, I have never met a man who can prove he has given gifts like this. Maybe,it is all big talk. He has a few beers then boasts about his generosity. If he can prove it then he is a complete mug for being conned. What did Barnam the circus guy say? "There s one born every minute". Or could the girl be boasting and fibbing?Or maybe,the guy has been living in a log cabin in the Canadian rockies for the last 50 years and is completely naive.

I have a number of daughters all with degrees and brought up as proper ladies. None of them married a man who could not provide a house and the basics of life like car and Yacht/Country Club memberships and at least two horses. I would and have called any man not able to provide those things a bum. If you can't you are not ready to assume the responsibilities of a man and husband and I'd suggest working until you can.

Let me give you an example. Husband J. worked his way through graduate school as a farm manager and champion rodeo performer. Graduated MBA top honors. Got a job managing one of the largest cattle ranches in the USA and built a very nice home on 50 acres and had it paid for in 2 years. My grandson and granddaughter both had their own horses and were riding about the same time they could walk. J is not a handsome man but he is intelligent and hard working and loves his family. I knew him since he was 6 years old.

• Like 1

Three Thai ladies I know, both married foreigners.

One was a bar girl in Phuket, guy bought two houses for her (age 42 now, still looks good, he's about 67).

One was a divorced housewife, guy gave her 10Mbht and all his pension every month, (age 45 now and plain, he's about 70).

One seems respectable, but cheats, guy bought her 3 houses, and a business worth about 10Mbht (age 40, still looks good, he's 66 and not well at all)

All been with their women 5-10 years.

Plenty of elderly foreigners throwing their life savings and pensions at younger Thai women.

I do not think it is limited to old farangs. I know off-shore workers who have spent millions of baht on their ladies; and their ladies, well, the ones who don't cheat would be hard-pressed to earn a living from a job in a bar. What's the old adage, "You pays your money and takes your choice"?

Takes your chances

Funny, but I was just reading another thread where a guy refused to pay for his GF's airfare to Europe. And here, we're talking millions in "take care" fees.

Seriously, OP, the girl was just giving you her dream list. She's passed the "falling in love" phase and is being practical. And if she can get it, good on her. Is it possible? Of course. People still fall for the Nigerian scam, why not this. And when you think about it, if these older guys want to spend their remaining years and their last dollars on a younger woman, why not? Once he's gone, he can't take the money with him. Better than his relatives back home inheriting the money.

Berkshire you hit the nail on the head. Great knowledgeable post.

• Like 1