TT&T Internet very slow in Pattaya

radjag

Up until about two months ago I used to get a steady 400kbs or faster download speed via my Amnex TT&T ADSL connection (over a normal copper line phone connection) and was quite satisfied with that for reasonable price and simple installation. Whilst not blazing fast, it was good enough to keep up with my demand over night.

Recently I don't see speeds above about 150kbs and there are many interruptions. I am located near Pattaya Klang.

Is it only me??

• Like 1

TT&T are a phone company, 3BB are the internet company. They used to be the same company but they split about 5 years ago.

Ask 3BB to run a proper line into your home, they should not be using a telephone line these days. The old telephone lines deteriorate and the signal gets worse and worse, if you cannot get a new line then look out for a decent router that is better with poor quality lines. The ones supplied by 3BB are not good in this respect, when i had a ADSL over copper lines I bought a Thompson ADSL Router from the UK and it improved the connection by an incredible margin.

Part of the explanation for slow internet connections this week is the Asia-America Gateway cable to the US is broken yet again. I've noticed the slowdown myself the last few days. Some reports say it could be up to 1 month before it gets fixed. Meanwhile some of the traffic has been re-routed, but that slows everything down. News link.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

Have had the same problem with TOT since we got back into town Tuesday night.

Rebooting the router or renewing the IP address helps temporarily, seems that some IP address ranges works better than others.

If not better by tomorrow will call TOT and get their take on it.

Most likely related to the broken cable mentioned above though.