Cheap Airliner Bangkok - Manila ?

Marc_Holland_24

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap airliner for a round trip ticket between Bangkok and Manila..

Could anyone here suggest a airliner to me? I only found Thai Air, but a bit expensive.

Thanks for ur help! :D

Cheers

Marc

Marc

Try www.chawlatravel.com their on Patpong 1 . I think I'll get these guys to start paying me commission :o

Johnb

If budget is more important than travel time, the cheapest airfare price may be via a third country. Airasia from KL, JetstarAsia from Singapore or Vietnam Airlines from Ho Chi Minh City. You would probably need to stay overnight in transit which may cancel any savings.

You could also check Philipine Airlines price for the direct flight. Kuwait Airlines are another cheapy with traffic rights on that route. I agree that a travel agent will be useful to explore options, but they won't be selling Jetstar or AirAsia so you should explore those options on-line on your own.

Edited by whimsy

I go directly to the Philippine Air office on Param 4 road across from Carrer 4. Almost every agent will book you on their flight anyway. There are not many flights direct. One from Phils air a day and one from Thai Air also. I always book a connecting flight to Leyte and the 4 flights usually cost me around 14,000B.

Make darn sure all of your flights are comfirmed. Phils Air is famous for not caring at all if you are stuck in Manilla for a week. One reason I go direct to their office for flights rather than the agents who are more than willing to put you on standby without telling you it's a serious problem in Manilla. In all fairness standby can sometimes be OK but trust me it's not in Manilla unless you know the whole corrupted system of Pinoys.

I go about 6 times a year from BKK. If you find a better price for a direct flight please let me know and I'll buy you a few beers!

Currently Philippine Airlines has a special web fare of 9,200 THB round trip (11,470 THB with tax) which is good until March 31, 2007 except for the period from December 15 to December 24 when many Filipinos return home for Christmas. Maximum stay is 14 days. I don't know if this fare is any cheaper than what you'd pay if you bought a normal ticket at the PAL office, but being they're advertising it as a speical web fare, I imagine it's at least a bit cheaper. I doubt you'll find any direct flight cheaper than that unless it's a very restricted ticket. During low season, Thai Airlines is only slightly more, but around Christmas they're a lot more.

With the LLCs, you have to transfer someplace but you cannot purchase the route as one ticket. You must buy it as two individual tickets. That means that if your first segment is cancelled or delayed, you may have to purchase a new ticket for the next segment because even though it's the same airline they don't make any kind of guarantee for connecting passengers. So what you thought was a cheap ticket could end up costing you dearly. And the amount you save isn't really all that much. I would absolutely never fly a LCC in this situation if there was only a few hours between connecting flights and if you allow enough time between flights then it adds so much time to your journey that it's not worth it unless you want to enjoy a day or two in the connecting city. Another point is that I think all the LCC fly into Clark, so if you're connecting on a domestic flight or your final destination is Manila or south of Manila, you need to add on extra cost and time for transportation between Clark and Manila.

I just checked Thai Air's online price and it's 10,215 THB + tax, total 12,485 THB low season. So if you're a frequent flyer with Thai it's probably worth it to pay the extra 1,000 baht and fly with them to get miles. You might even get that fare a bit discounted from a travel agent, possibly about the same as with PAL

Edited by Soju

I'm flying to Manila tomorrow and fly there regularly. We have a corporate rate iwth Thai at about 9000 plus tax, but I prefer to go via HK with Cathay because it gets me more benefits as a OneWorld member. Price is 10500 plus tax.