Truevisions & American Idol ?

pianoman

I know that last year True offered American Idol on one of the Thai channels since they no longer offer Star World in their channel line up...

With the new season kicking off tonight I can not find any listing of it being available on True... Any suggestions or help appreciated...

Pianoman

Every three months TRUE removes or changes my channels around. Last year they dropped CNN and kept BBC. Didn't help me for USA News. They even changed the History Channel and the wildlife channel to Thai. Now I am down to three channels I can understand but pay over 30,000.00 annually. Thinking of a dish and dropping TRUE.

Every three months TRUE removes or changes my channels around. Last year they dropped CNN and kept BBC. Didn't help me for USA News. They even changed the History Channel and the wildlife channel to Thai. Now I am down to three channels I can understand but pay over 30,000.00 annually. Thinking of a dish and dropping TRUE.

Bakeman,

You need to learn how to navigate thru the channels and set up a Favorites list with your set top box.. True has always offered CNN plus a couple of other US News channels, History & History 2, plus many more than were available just 2 years ago...

Pianoman

CNN and BBC have never disappeared from my True package..I'm on the Platinum package...and CNN and BBC are currently on the next down package also called the Gold package. TrueVisions currently has 8 different packages...from a quick look the Platinum and Gold packages have CNN and BCC, but the next six packages do not and basically have a lot less English content. Channels available all depends on which package your subscribe to.

And regarding the History channel and Wildlife channel changing to Thai I expect that is simply an issue of you have your True settop box setup to default to the Thai language when a channel has multiple languages. Change the default language to English in the box setup menu then whenever a channel is carrying the English and Thai language it will default to English audio...if by chance it don't, just press the box remote "Audio" button to channel the language. And actually on a few of the new digital channels they broadcast in Thai only and you will not get any audio if you have the dafault set to English and will have to use the Audio button each time going to the channel to get the Thai audio which is the only audio language available.