Tiller - Iron Buffalo - 2 Wheel Tractor

Cashboy

I am considering buying a tiller for the farm.

I wondered what experience people have had with these machines and what they can be used for exactly.

The farm is only 20+ rai at the moment; comprising 6 rai of rice; 8 rai of sugar cane and 3 rai of ponds.

I really think just growing a few rai of sugar cane and rice and trying to sell it is not the future.

I was looking at buying a tiller for ploughing and tilling maybe 3 of the rai to grow corn, vegetables and fruit for self eating at first.

I can only find Kubota making a reasonable one so far.

post-156308-0-13423300-1420696209_thumb.

Anyone know of other manufacturers baring in mind that I have to be able to buy spares readily?

Can these machines be used to drive implements as they appear to have a large flywheel on them.

I was thinking of say a thresher for rice and a pump for pumping water out of ponds.

I was also wondering if I could connect it to drive a generator to make electric.

If it could be used for these purposes it could be quite handy to have on the farm.

Anyone on here tell me their experiences of this machine (especially Kubota) ?

First you can hook a trailer to them and they become transportation, second, they will run a water pump, rice thrasher, generator, and I guess other things also. We have a Kubota, 11 years now, and only minor repairs.

I was thinking exactly this but now I am thinking maybe a Kubota B2420

post-156308-0-41532100-1421160860_thumb.

Is it easier to drive water pumps, plough occassional rai of land to grow vegetables, use rice thrashers and maybe a generator using a Kubota Tiller or a small Kubota B2420 tractor?

First you can hook a trailer to them and they become transportation, second, they will run a water pump, rice thrasher, generator, and I guess other things also. We have a Kubota, 11 years now, and only minor repairs.

I was thinking exactly this but now I am thinking maybe a Kubota B2420

attachicon.gifKubota2420.jpg

Is it easier to drive water pumps, plough occassional rai of land to grow vegetables, use rice thrashers and maybe a generator using a Kubota Tiller or a small Kubota B2420 tractor?

I've never seen a small tractor used for those purposes, only the two wheel ones.