Phuket: Big changes made to driving test system

webfact

I recall asystem in Bahrain about 25 years ago whereby any candidate for a driving licence had to show a "pass" certificate from one of half a dozen "approved" driving schools before taking an officil test. These schools soon became extortioners and the idea had to be scrapped.

However thai driving standards are poor and some form of pre-test instruction is necessary.

Citing something 25 years ago is about as useless as can be. You owe me the 30 seconds it took to read that.
I enjoy reading history and past experiences, regardless of the topic.

That includes your post declaring something that happened 25 years ago as being useless, which seems to fit into that same category.

Why is it that so many people rather than look at the problem, simply resort yo racial stereotyping when commenting on this kind of topic?

To shift the driving education to a private driving school is hardly going to help as long as the school and teachers not are authorized to teach and exanimate driving after International standards. The not so "high" level, of discipline and consideration to others in the society alone is not exactly a plus when people shall be good, stable, defensive and considerable drivers.

The Government know this and they also know that to turn it around will take yes...a restart of Siam.

Critics when nothing is done to improve the drivers. Critics when something is done to improve the drivers.

I'm not in charge and don't have the answers.

And critics when nothing is REALLY done to improve the drivers, and EVERYTHING is done to improve the profit of a certain driving school. :)

So at the end of the day you will still just have to pay Chotima Driving School to get a drivers licence and the proprietor of the school is running this service for the good of the people who drive on the dangerous Thai roads, I suppose on the positive side of things it’s a start to educating drivers in Thailand might be a better idea to get some traffic cops who could do a honest days work and prosecute the wrong doers on the roads

returning happiness to the people who run the country: tyring job, but pays well.