Amnex TT&T Internet Service in Pattaya

radjag

A few days ago I posted a message asking whether other users in Pattaya were experiencing slow service during the past few weeks.

I got several immediate responses - thanks to all. But, sadly, most of the responses were not helpful.

I was away for a couple of days. When I got home and checked my system this afternoon, lo and behold, the bandwidth was back up to > 700kbs. Excellent!!!

For the record. Amnex TT&T is, as far as I can reasonably ascertain, a legitimate Internet Service Provider. I receive monthly printed statements by normal (snail) mail. I go to pay those monthly bills at the TT&T office on the Big C floor of the big mall half way down Pattaya Klang. There are ad's for their service and examples of the ADSL modem on display there. It costs ~THB630/mth for unlimited use (within the available bandwidth of course). Their system simply uses the existing home phone copper wire. Phone can be used normally, both incoming and outgoing calls, only minor issue is that when you lift the receiver to make an outgoing call there is some background hiss, but that stops when a call is connected.

The service is not perfect. During the night time it seems to work well. But during the daytime there are are some interruptions and the bandwidth is not steady. At the time of writing this I am seeing 710kB/s. Which is more than enough for me.

One year ago I checked with True and BBB, they both advised me that they could not run a line into my home, even though our moobahn is close to Sukhumvit in the middle of Pattaya. Maybe it is to do with the moobahn administrators - I don't know.

The Amnex/TT&T agent came to my home, provided and installed an ADSL WiFi modem free of charge and it has worked OK ever since. I just pay the ~THB630 every month. It is not possible to set up an online payment, so have to go to Big C once a month, but that is actually no big hardship.

So, for those who state vehemently that TT&T is not an internet service provider - nonsense!!!!

I do not care to go research the ownership and organisation of the TT&T. I just use their service and pay accordingly - till it stops - TIT.

What do other people use in your Moo Baan and ask them about their speed?

FYI - I live in the middle of nowhere, about 20km outside Pattaya under the palmtrees, between the cassava fields and use 3BB - 15MB for almost a year and never any problem, never.

For about 3 months we did not even have running in our house but Internet is perfect. Strange that 3BB can not install ADSL in your house...