Luxury cars in Suvarnabhumi disabled parking spaces (photos)

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In russia there is a group of youth that sticks huge round stickers on traffic offenders windshield, there youtube account has been taken down but you can still view them on other video hosting websites by searching "stopxam"

here is an image link https://www.google.co.th/search?q=stopxam&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EZGvVM3KBo7huQS0yIHwAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1360&bih=611

Thailand needs a group of vigilantes like this to crack down on offenders.

Isn't vigilante the job of the Junta?

Probably they're parking in the wider disabled spots to avoid earning the inevitable door dents from the normal bays credited by Mrs Somchai getting out of the pick-up in the next bay.

Or perhaps cars in the Super-car spots weren't up to scratch. One man's super-car is another mans run-around (and viceversa).

This is the part of this society that makes my blood boil. The a holes that own these cars probably make merit (for their luck), think they're good Buddhists, but think nothing of taking away convenience from disabled people because money gives them the privilege. IMO, they are the worst of the worst! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Prayut is in an excellent, untouchable position to affect change here and bring Thais closer. Have soldiers tow these vehicles to be publicly destroyed!

Possibly slightly OTT?

Just deflate all the tyres, no damage but a lot of work for the drivers :-)

Unless, of course, there really is a passenger that is disabled in the car, but of course you can tell all about passengers in cars just from the type of car.

I don't why people automatically think a person with a nice car can't be disabled.

I agree, people are quick to condemn people driving nice cars. I mean Thailand doesn't even give out disability permits to hang on cars, so how would people know? If you go into any big city in the US, you will find fancy cars parked in disability spots, but they do have the permits.

On the other side of the coin, I understand how most Thais don't care about the importance of these parking spots to begin with...so most likely the cars you see parked there are cars with no disability drivers.

Most likely you are right, regardless of the make and model of the car.

What a discriminatory article and stupid on so many levels.

We see some photos of some beautiful cars and that's it. No indication that it is parked in a handicap space. No sign of the owners. Just a beautiful car. Some of those photos could have been taken in a car show room.

They are suggesting wheel chair bound folk cannot afford sports cars or are incapable of driving them? I would be quite offended if I was in a wheel chair and read this article. There is not one photos of the people getting out of these vehicles. Everyone jumps to conclusions based on a lovely photo of a sports car. The power of the media cannot be underestimated.

And just to highlight the IQ of the author we have this pearl of wisdom - "were parked by drivers with “disabled brains” ……Well it is disabled parking (allegedly) so would a disabled brain not constitute a disability?!

post-140765-0-62811500-1420797939_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

well, the next thing is that these people will get a disabled parking card....easy and cheap to get for them....!!!...real or fake......

I saw that in Croatia last year,....all Luxury cars have a Handicapped parking Pass.... I am wheelchair bound and I notice things like that.....

Edited by off road pat
  • Like 2

If they don't enforce the laws (if there are even any against it) nothing will stop it from happening again and again. We all see it every day but the police seems to miss it.

That's what we keep telling you Bob but you still don't want Yingluck impeached or any of PT brought to justice for ripping off the country.

Robby my boy .......your way out there in Left Field.

in a word, scum. The lowest of the low. Just sprinkle some flour on the windscreens & that'll be that.

Or if you want to be really unkind, put some pipe joint compound under the windshield wiper.

But seriously, does Thailand actually have a displayable placard for the disabled? I guess I've either never seen one or just don't know what they look like.

Also, is it a guarantee the four cars in the OP are not driven by disabled persons?

We used to do this when I drove cabs if someone parked on a taxi rank but these days they call the cops or want to punch you out for something wrong that they did. The really ironic thing about it is that the cops will be on their side.

25,000 baht (£500) removal fee, car removed to somewhere a long way away, like 100 kms at least, another 25,000 baht to reclaim the car which you can't do unless you take your driving licence, insurance, registration documents and any other associated paperwork, and if you forget any of it, whoops, a return trip all over again. Forget clamping with these idiots - make it as inconvenient as possible.

This is pretty much what happens in the UK. Try illegal parking in London or Brighton ...

Car craned away, huge recovery fees, high daily storage charges, forget a document and another day to pay for, and often the car is then inspected for defects by the police before it is returned. If any are found, the driver is fined for driving an unroadworthy car and made to pay for the repairs before it is released ...

Simpler solution - a member of Joe Public pops all four tyres with a small screwdriver, and then drags the blade of said small screwdriver all over the bodywork, maybe 'writing 'I am a selfish idiot' in deep unsprayable scratches or spraying the same words all over the car ...

They deserve nothing less ...

I've always wanted to catch someone like you - just to deliver a well planted boot to the head !

I like to rumble......try that with me.

• Like 1

Probably they're parking in the wider disabled spots to avoid earning the inevitable door dents from the normal bays credited by Mrs Somchai getting out of the pick-up in the next bay.

Or perhaps cars in the Super-car spots weren't up to scratch. One man's super-car is another mans run-around (and viceversa).

Why can't they just park in double width car spaces like Mr Somchai does, you know, the ones with the line down the middle of then.

Not only the drivers, at Villa Market on Thong Lo last year, the Ducati dealership placed a tent over the disabled parking spots so they could use it to advertise their new bike, all closed of with traffic cones......they though nothing of it.

• Like 2

coffee1.gif Couldn't someone simply 'disable' the idiot cars by cutting their tire valve stems? This will send a message without causing serious damage to the car. In civilized countries the cars are fined up to $1,000 and towed away. wai2.gif

As you mentioned in "civilized countries"... That sums it up.

If I saw a car parked in a disabled bay back in the UK, without the orange badge (at that time) I would write a note 'This is a disabled parking bay you ignorant bast@rd' or something similar, then stick it on the windscreen, I would watch him (it's always a him) try to scape it off, then walk up beside him and smile, making it obvious without saying it that it was me who did it. Then say "it serves you right"

If I saw a car parked in a disabled bay back in the UK, without the orange badge (at that time) I would write a note 'This is a disabled parking bay you ignorant bast@rd' or something similar, then stick it on the windscreen, I would watch him (it's always a him) try to scape it off, then walk up beside him and smile, making it obvious without saying it that it was me who did it. Then say "it serves you right"

How old are you? 14?

10 ,000 Baht fine as suggested elsewhere. Plus tow to a storage area, plus name & shame!!! The tow is important because they have to have inconvenience, but in most countries there is a special disability badge to use. Oh, don't tell me, 100baht In Khaosan Road.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

How old are you? 14?

I suppose you are one of those people who are not disabled, but park in their spaces.

Remembers me some 20 years ago in Belgium, some municipalities used huge very though to remove stickers on such badly parked cars besides a hefty fine.

It worked believe me.

Here in Thailand at the local Tesco both parking space for disabled as for people with babies are ALWAYS occupied by very able drivers without babies, absolutely no respect and senseless people.

Edited by tartempion
  • Like 1

Parked by people with a disability to feel shame and any kind of social conscience.

Simple solution. Tow it and let them go through the hassle of having to pay the fine and retrieve their car in person.

Thailand is full of rich people who feel it is a ticket to entitlement. The only way to teach them a lesson is to show them that no one is above the law.

The only way to teach them a lesson is to show them that no one is above the law.

But hey are above the law. Money rules. What do you think why the police didn't give a fine to the driver? To dangerous. The officer could loose his job. That's the way how things working in Thailand. Like it or not.

That unexplainable Thainess!

Not just Thainess. Many people in many countries suffer from the same mental block when it comes to disabled parking spaces. I know some perfectly rational intelligent farangs who park in disabled spaces in the UK and aren't disabled. Usually the excuses are - got the kids with me, I will only be 2 minutes, the space was empty, there wasn't any disabled person waiting to park, and the indifferent "I'm so important the rules don't apply to me" usually associated with businessmen or mature mum's going for a coffee and muffins after doing the school run in their SUV's.

Clamp the selfish bastards and charge a very high release fee. They soon learn.

My son is disabled but we only ever park in a disabled parking bay when he is with us. We know the value and importance of those bays to those with disability.

• Like 2

splat a bucket of egg white over the glass. (Just the egg white without the yolk is best, as the driver won't notice the stuff until he is in the car to drive and now trying to look out the windscreen)

no damage incurred, but when the dipstick tries to use his washfluid and wipers - it makes the mess REALLY MESSY and the window is now totally opaque.

this trick I learnt years back being used near the Betong border crossing - the perps throw it to bring down an approaching car as it cannot be driven any further and they have themselves a helpless victim to rob...

throw egg

splat

wipers activated

impossible smear

car undriveable

driver stuffed!!

Edited by tifino